Author Topic: Brutal New Ad Blames GOP Spending Cuts For Ebola Deaths  (Read 496 times)

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Brutal New Ad Blames GOP Spending Cuts For Ebola Deaths
« on: October 13, 2014, 07:25:13 pm »

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/agenda-project-ad-republican-cuts-kill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3D0DxjgPB0

Brutal New Ad Blames GOP Spending Cuts For Ebola Deaths (VIDEO)

BySAHIL KAPUR

A new TV ad blames prominent Republicans for Ebola deaths, attacking them for championing spending cuts that have gone after emergency public health funding for containing disease outbreaks.

The one minute ad, called "Republican Cuts Kill," splices grueling images of body bags and workers in hazmat suits with footage of top Republicans like Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (KY) and House Speaker John Boehner (OH) calling for spending cuts. It also features 2014 Republican Senate candidates Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Cory Gardner of Colorado, Tom Cotton of Arkansas and Pat Roberts of Kansas.

The spot was produced by the Agenda Project Action Fund, the same progressive group that has made controversial anti-Republican ads such as "Granny Off the Cliff." The group's spokeswoman, Erica Payne, said Monday the ad would air in Kentucky, North Carolina, South Dakota and Kansas — all of which feature competitive Senate races that could swing the majority.

Payne told TPM the group would take out a "low six figure buy in Kentucky – the others states are being decided now."

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy & Infectious Diseases, is shown in the ad lamenting the "damaging" spending reductions — including the automatic sequester cuts of 2011 — that Republicans have led the charge for in recent years, and which many Democrats have supported.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:27:03 pm by massadvj »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Brutal New Ad Blames GOP Spending Cuts For Ebola Deaths
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 07:39:36 pm »
Backfire anybody?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 07:49:45 pm »
Backfire anybody?

I was thinking the same thing.  But then, OPapaDoc got elected and re-elected, so one can never underestimate the intelligence of the American voter.

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 07:50:17 pm »
The media is just looking for something like this, and will tout it as the absolute truth.

Americans are far too stupid to reason it out, and will accept whatever the media tells them.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 09:25:32 pm »

The only reason it's 'brutal' is because the msm says it's 'brutal'.

If the conservatives did the same thing, it would be 'desperate' because the msm would say it was 'desperate'...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 10:24:08 pm »
Everyone knew this was coming.  I fully expect Abortion Barbie to try something against Abbott before November.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 11:14:51 pm »
And just for the general education of anyone who might read this, THERE HAVE BEEN NO SPENDING CUTS! Not a single one!

Their might have been some slight reductions in the rate of growth but in this particular area I don't think even that has happened!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 11:24:09 pm »
And just for the general education of anyone who might read this, THERE HAVE BEEN NO SPENDING CUTS! Not a single one!

Their might have been some slight reductions in the rate of growth but in this particular area I don't think even that has happened!

People know better than to bring the subject up with me.  I've been telling them for years the CDC has been wasting millions on stupid research projects.  Jazzercise.  Gun-grabbing.  I don't care if there have been cuts or not (there have not, I know!), if we gave them infinite moolah, they still would not have had enough because they won't spend it where it's needed, disease prevention.  "They only had one effing job."

It's like New Orleans with the dyke maintenance projects:  They never spent any of the money on actually repairing the dykes.  Of course, that ended up being Bush's Fault, so I'm sure this will be twisted too.

Rant off.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: