Author Topic: Texas health care worker tests positive for Ebola  (Read 766 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Texas health care worker tests positive for Ebola
« on: October 12, 2014, 09:54:49 am »
(CNN) -- A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola after a preliminary test, the hospital said in a statement.

Confirmatory testing will be conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta.

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital is where Thomas Eric Duncan, the first person diagnosed with Ebola in the United States, died on Wednesday.

"We knew a second case could be a reality, and we've been preparing for this possibility," said Dr. David Lakey, commissioner of the Texas Department of State Health Services in a statement.

"We are broadening our team in Dallas and working with extreme diligence to prevent further spread."

Video at link: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/12/health/ebola/index.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Texas health care worker tests positive for Ebola
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 09:55:38 am »
CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 6m6 minutes ago

Texas health care worker who tested positive for #Ebola had treated Thomas Eric Duncan, hospital says.

Dumbass.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 12:55:20 pm »
CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 6m6 minutes ago

Texas health care worker who tested positive for #Ebola had treated Thomas Eric Duncan, hospital says.

Dumbass.

And what about Mr. Duncan's relatives....with whom he stayed with upon reaching Texas? 

Geesh....I feel like I'm reading a live version of Outbreak, without Dustin Hoffman and Rene Russo.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 01:54:31 pm »
Is this the same health care worker who was wearing the CDC approved  protective garb?  (Gown, mask, gloves)

If so, look for front line health care workers to strike.  (And I wouldn't blame them.) 

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 01:57:15 pm »
1 person a week/315,000,000 people.  I'll take my chances.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 02:32:03 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 02:02:18 pm »
Yep, same guy. It was breaking when I posted it. That was all the detail that was available at the time.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 02:52:06 pm »
1 person a week/315,000,000 people.  I'll take my chances.

You cannot escape the math, ONC.

For example, the other day, I entered a COSTCO.....walked quickly around a corner of pallet displays...right thru the 'mist' of a lady coughing.   I held my breath, thinking, "Was I fast enough?  Or..did she 'get me'?"

We're all doomed, unless you remain sheltered in place for the next 5-10 years.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald