Author Topic: BIG HEART: Instead of a Police Officer Giving a Woman a Ticket, He Shows Her Extraordinary Kindness  (Read 354 times)

rangerrebew

BIG HEART: Instead of a Police Officer Giving a Woman a Ticket, He Shows Her Extraordinary Kindness

Author:  Editor

Posted: October 10, 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHu_mSh9VwM

Alexis DeLorenzo is a mother who has fallen on hard times. Living on limited funds, her car was repossessed with her child-seat still inside. By driving around with her 5-year-old daughter, not only was she risking a ticket, but she was putting her child’s life at risk.

When Officer Ben Hall of Emmett Township, Michigan pulled her over, he could have enforced the state law which requires all children under 8 to be in a booster seat. Instead, he took her to a local Walmart and bought her a booster chair.

As Hall said, “It was the easiest 50 bucks I ever spent.”

Since the story received national headlines, the Emmett Township Facebook wall has been filled with hundreds of “thank you” notes, such as these:

1-officer

With so many negative stories about police officers, it is important to remember that thousands of them do their job well and are willing to go above-and-beyond the call of duty to help people.

Please share this story to remind others just how much of a huge difference a small act of compassion can make.

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/big-heart-instead-police-officer-giving-woman-ticket/#ixzz3FpM94ceQ
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 09:34:51 am by rangerrebew »

Offline NavyCanDo

Thanks for posting this. Way too many people trying to find the "bad cop" that all the good people who wear the badge go unnoticed.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Thanks for posting this. Way too many people trying to find the "bad cop" that all the good people who wear the badge go unnoticed.

I would be willing to bet that a thousand things like this happen every day in this country without the least bit of notice by anyone!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

I would be willing to bet that a thousand things like this happen every day in this country without the least bit of notice by anyone!

Couldn't agree more!
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

rangerrebew

Income tax:  the root of all evil?  It goes perfectly with the Bible and money being the root of all evil - for governments, too.