Author Topic: Huckabee: GOP Needs To Fight Gay Marriage Even More Or I'm Leaving  (Read 19739 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Huckabee: GOP Needs To Fight Gay Marriage Even More Or I'm Leaving
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2014, 01:20:40 pm »
Or perhaps I am speaking from experience and an informed viewpoint.  You guys certainly aren't.  You're speculating about something you know nothing about.  Having a gay uncle around isn't understanding the gay lifestyle.  That's a totally different thing.  There's a reason that AIDS spread so widely among the gays.  Uncontrolled libido, do what thou wilt is the whole of the law.

The reason for the 'gay' movement is not only to recruit straights into the lifestyle but to get straights to act like gays.  Playboy was a major influence in that effort.  The 'playas' are as disease-ridden as the gays.  It's working quite well...

For once....I'm speechless!   **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2014, 01:24:26 pm »
My gay uncle and his partner of 25 years are the kindest and most funny people I know.  My girls adore them, unlike one creepy uncle who is married to a weird women who always talks about Disneyland.  My wife and I literally don't let that uncle be alone with the girls, and we see him maybe once every 2 years or so.

Interesting that there is so much dysfunction in your family, but that is beside the point.

Boys raised by gay men tend to experiment more with the gay lifestyle, something that is not as likely were they raised in a straight household.  I saw it happen.  Some portion of those boys will decide they are gay and perpetuate the gay lifestyle.  'Gay' marriage and adoption is clearly an effort to expand the number of individuals participating in that lifestyle whether people wake up to that fact or not.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2014, 01:26:10 pm »
For once....I'm speechless!

That's because you don't understand the reality of the gay lifestyle.  You're operating from a carefully scripted viewpoint that has been presented for you to believe and not from experience.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2014, 01:27:09 pm »
Interesting that there is so much dysfunction in your family, but that is beside the point.

Boys raised by gay men tend to experiment more with the gay lifestyle, something that is not as likely were they raised in a straight household.  I saw it happen.  Some portion of those boys will decide they are gay and perpetuate the gay lifestyle.  'Gay' marriage and adoption is clearly an effort to expand the number of individuals participating in that lifestyle whether people wake up to that fact or not.

Would you be so kind to elaborate on what makes you a maven of sorts regarding the overall gay lifestyle and homosexual proclivities?

Genuinely interested....not attempting to paint you into a corner of sorts. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2014, 01:38:49 pm »
Or perhaps I am speaking from experience and an informed viewpoint.  You guys certainly aren't.  You're speculating about something you know nothing about.  Having a gay uncle around isn't understanding the gay lifestyle.  That's a totally different thing.  There's a reason that AIDS spread so widely among the gays.  Uncontrolled libido, do what thou wilt is the whole of the law.

The reason for the 'gay' movement is not only to recruit straights into the lifestyle but to get straights to act like gays.  Playboy was a major influence in that effort.  It's working quite well...

I've no idea what experience you have, though you do keep suggesting you know more about it than those here, but as to the spread of AIDS and other STDs, I certainly agree that multi-partner relationships especially among gays spread it.  Which is why I can't understand not supporting monogamous relationships, not only among gays, but heteros too.

Do you have actual studies and stats on those claims?  Because several studies have come out with contrary findings.

It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2014, 01:46:34 pm »
I've no idea what experience you have, though you do keep suggesting you know more about it than those here, but as to the spread of AIDS and other STDs, I certainly agree that multi-partner relationships especially among gays spread it.  Which is why I can't understand not supporting monogamous relationships, not only among gays, but heteros too.

Do you have actual studies and stats on those claims?  Because several studies have come out with contrary findings.

You are supporting the destruction of marriage for an ideal that will not happen.  Gays simply are not monogamous and never will be no matter what rights you bestow on them.  Instead, the gay lifestyle is being translated into the straight world and with disastrous consequences.

As I said, I saw it happen...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2014, 01:53:43 pm »
You are supporting the destruction of marriage for an ideal that will not happen.  Gays simply are not monogamous and never will be no matter what rights you bestow on them.  Instead, the gay lifestyle is being translated into the straight world and with disastrous consequences.

Dan...Dan...Dan...

There are 'Charlie Harpers' in the homosexual world just as there are in the hetero.

Some homosexual men are outwardly effeminate...while some are defensive ends in the National Football League.

Just because you witnessed 'firsthand' whorish behavior among gays, doesn't make you an expert on the gay lifestyle.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2014, 01:55:03 pm »
Would you be so kind to elaborate on what makes you a maven of sorts regarding the overall gay lifestyle and homosexual proclivities?

Genuinely interested....not attempting to paint you into a corner of sorts.

You go into the gay lifestyle and work with them for a few years.  You'll see the side that isn't a put-on for the straights.  Try to help the ones who are dying because of their behavior but will not stop it.  The ones who do try to get away... the others come after them to tell them they are still 'gay', they haven't changed.  Even as they lay dying, trying to drag them back in.  Like demons trying to drag souls into hell.

Your opinions are based on a carefully crafted viewpoint designed to advance a particular agenda.  It is not reality.  I saw reality.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2014, 01:59:46 pm »
You go into the gay lifestyle and work with them for a few years.  You'll see the side that isn't a put-on for the straights.  Try to help the ones who are dying because of their behavior but will not stop it.  The ones who do try to get away... the others come after them to tell them they are still 'gay', they haven't changed.  Even as they lay dying, trying to drag them back in.  Like demons trying to drag souls into hell.

Your opinions are based on a carefully crafted viewpoint designed to advance a particular agenda.  It is not reality. I saw reality.

No....what you saw is a vindication of the adage....."There are lies, there are damned lies, and then there's statistics!" 

btw...too small a sample size, IMO.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:00:18 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2014, 02:12:15 pm »
No....what you saw is a vindication of the adage....."There are lies, there are damned lies, and then there's statistics!" 

btw...too small a sample size, IMO.

No, I saw reality.  You are the one who believes 'studies' (i.e. statistics) over reality when you have no experience with reality.  The reality I saw was confirmed and testified to by the people I was helping as being reality, and much more.

Go get you some reality...

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:14:14 pm by GourmetDan »

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2014, 02:34:54 pm »

Do you have a single example of a marriage that was destroyed by the gay-marriage movement?  There are over 600 thousand same-sex couple households in the US, as well as several other countries where same-sex marriages are legal.  So far I haven't found any evidence of a crashing of civilization...or even one heterosexual marriage harmed, other than possibly a gay trying to make believe he wasn't.

Do you have any data proving gays cannot be monogamous?  Heterosexual marriages are on the decline.  Today, half of women turn to cohabitation rather than marriage as their first choice.  You can't blame that on gays.  And as we discussed earlier half of all marriages end in divorce.  So I'm not exactly sure what damage the gay marriage thing is doing to the rest of us.  We seem to be doing it to ourselves.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2014, 02:38:32 pm »
No, I saw reality.  You are the one who believes 'studies' (i.e. statistics) over reality when you have no experience with reality.  The reality I saw was confirmed and testified to by the people I was helping as being reality, and much more.

Go get you some reality...

So....let me get this straight (no pun intended)

You witnessed what? 

Perhaps a few dozen individual gays, terminally ill with AIDS...interact with their loved ones...their circle-of-influence...that chose to use the remaining days and weeks not condemning 'his' behavior, but showing encouragement in what inevitably lied ahead...as a basis for assigning said behavior to the entire gay population?

Dan....me thinks my reality is just fine.  Yours?   Not so much.   :laugh:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2014, 02:58:07 pm »
It never ceases to amaze me how many people there are who call themselves conservatives but are willing to carry water for Obama to the end of the earth!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2014, 03:00:58 pm »
It never ceases to amaze me how many people there are who call themselves conservatives but are willing to carry water for Obama to the end of the earth!

Like who?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2014, 03:02:52 pm »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2014, 03:06:06 pm »

Not once have I used "Obama" in any of my posts on this thread.  Nor have I seen it used by anyone else with a contrary POV on the OP....or the subsequent tangent it has taken for the moment.

To me, it's common sense that you cannot make a blanket, one-size-fits-all assessment to the entire homosexual agenda.

Yes, I think the homosexual lifestyle if perverted.  But I also know in my Conservative heart that two people of the same sex can love and be devoted to each other without all the free love...all the reckless behavior exhibited in many others.... never entering their minds.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2014, 03:09:33 pm »
Not once have I used "Obama" in any of my posts on this thread.  Nor have I seen it used by anyone else with a contrary POV on the OP....or the subsequent tangent it has taken for the moment.

To me, it's common sense that you cannot make a blanket, one-size-fits-all assessment to the entire homosexual agenda.

Yes, I think the homosexual lifestyle if perverted.  But I also know in my Conservative heart that two people of the same sex can love and be devoted to each other without all the free love...all the reckless behavior exhibited in many others.... never entering their minds.

You need not use the word Obama in order to carry his water and, whether or not you realize it, that is EXACTLY what you are doing IMHO!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2014, 03:19:45 pm »
You need not use the word Obama in order to carry his water and, whether or not you realize it, that is EXACTLY what you are doing IMHO!

I will contain myself and NOT say that, IMO, you perhaps, might be carrying water for the rigid Religious Right....the same people who by abstaining election day, gave us OBAMA II.    :whistle:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2014, 03:25:09 pm »
I will contain myself and NOT say that, IMO, you perhaps, might be carrying water for the rigid Religious Right....the same people who by abstaining election day, gave us OBAMA II.    :whistle:

You can say or not say anything you wish but just for your information I voted for Mitt Romney in the last election and would do so again today given the same choices!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2014, 03:35:27 pm »
Like you for instance!

I've found one consistency here in this forum, as well as others.  When confronted with uncomfortable facts, instead of simply walking away to another thread, some use their only weapon...cheap insults.  I understand it on the left, but continue to be amazed by those who constantly trumpet their conservative foundation, yet resort to such liberal tactics.

But I have to admit, it does work.  It ends the debate. 

Offline flowers

« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2014, 03:37:26 pm »
Huckabee....one of the main reasons I dread FOXNEWS Channel on weekends. 

Especially when you are getting up in the middle of the night every two hours.  (Thank you, Mr. Prostate)

Seems like Huckabee is having his own Jerry Lewis telethon....the number of times they play reruns.

How out-of-touch can one person be?  He's a classic example of a person who wrongly presumes that his 'world' and circle-of-influence are a majority.

Run for president?   Don't make me laugh.  He'll embarrass himself.

Let's just hope he's not hallucinating enough to run on a third party....

Me too, him a geraldo was the reason I just stopped watching. fox on the weekends.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2014, 03:40:45 pm »
I've found one consistency here in this forum, as well as others.  When confronted with uncomfortable facts, instead of simply walking away to another thread, some use their only weapon...cheap insults.  I understand it on the left, but continue to be amazed by those who constantly trumpet their conservative foundation, yet resort to such liberal tactics.

But I have to admit, it does work.  It ends the debate.

You are entitled to your opinions. I just call them as I see them!

Do you really think the left cares whether or not same sex couples can legally marry?  I don't think so for one minute! I think they are just using the issue as a means to their ultimate goal!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 03:41:43 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2014, 03:48:10 pm »
You are entitled to your opinions.

But not without receiving an ad hominem or two...

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2014, 03:57:00 pm »
But not without receiving an ad hominem or two...

There were no ad hominems from me! I posted an opinion and you asked me a question about it which I answered honestly.  You must have had a reason for asking the question.   Conscience bothering you?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2014, 04:07:32 pm »
You can say or not say anything you wish but just for your information I voted for Mitt Romney in the last election and would do so again today given the same choices!

Well, see?  Howza bout that??

I was wrong assuming something about you....as you are about some of us.    :beer: