Author Topic: The upcoming 40th anniversary of the Fall of Saigon  (Read 657 times)

Offline EdinVA

The upcoming 40th anniversary of the Fall of Saigon
« on: October 09, 2014, 09:59:59 am »
"Welcome Home" is a new series which tells the story of Vietnam Veterans, from all branches of the service, in their own words. It is scheduled for release in 2015, the 40th anniversary year of the end of the War. It is a thank you -- and a welcome home that is long, long, overdue.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-CTKFzWjjw&sns=em

Offline PzLdr

Re: The upcoming 40th anniversary of the Fall of Saigon
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 03:19:22 pm »
I was the S-3 of a MACV team training the ARVN 20th Tank Squadron on M48A3Cs in 1971. The Fall of Saigon left me with mixed emotions. Rage, because our politicians broke their words to the ARVNs on re-supply, air cover, etc. we had already agreed to; and sorrow, because I knew a lot of the ARVNs I worked with were gonna wind up dead, or in the Bamboo Gulag. It sucked.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline EdinVA

Re: The upcoming 40th anniversary of the Fall of Saigon
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 03:38:17 pm »
I was in Korat all of '75 and we were flying close air support for south vietnam, laos and cambodia when they fell and then the mayaguez fiasco.  People don't understand that small force remaining does not work when the roof starts caving in...... Was considering a career in the military until then.... got out as quick as I could..