Author Topic: LENA DUNHAM TWEETS EXCUSES FOR HER ALLEGED-RAPIST: NOT A 'CLEAR CUT VILLAIN'  (Read 3610 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/10/03/lena-dunham-raped-by-republican

by JOHN NOLTE  3 Oct 2014

In her just-released memoir, 27 year-old "Girls" star Lena Dunham claims that as a 19 year-old Oberlin College student in Ohio, she was raped by a college Republican. In the first chapter that addresses the encounter, Dunham describes the "ill-fated evening of lovemaking" as awkward and hollow. The most sensational moment comes from the fact that "Barry" wasn't wearing a condom.
In the next chapter, Dunham backtracks with the claim that she's an "unreliable narrator" and accuses "Barry" of rape:

In another essay in this book I describe a sexual encounter with a mustachioed campus Republican as the upsetting but educational choice of a girl who was new to sex when, in fact, it didn't feel like a choice at all.

At the time, Dunham says she was drunk, high on Xanax and cocaine, and therefore in no condition to give her consent. She had no idea she had been raped until she described the encounter to her roommate:

"Barry leads me to the parking lot," she writes. "I tell him to look away. I pull down my tights to pee, and he jams a few of his fingers inside me, like he’s trying to plug me up. I’m not sure whether I can’t stop it or I don’t want to."

The two then go back to her apartment, and Dunham -- in an attempt to convince herself that she'd given consent -- talks dirty to him as he forces himself on her.

The following day, when Dunham tells her roommate, Audrey, about the encounter, Audrey is horrified by her admission and tells Dunham, "You were raped."

"I burst out laughing," Dunham writes of her initial reaction.

Years later, while sitting in the writer's room of HBO's "Girls," she pitches a "version of the Barry story" to her co-writers. She doesn't call the incident rape, but her co-writers do.

According to this website and a Cleveland newspaper the statute of limitations for rape in the state of Ohio is 20 years. Dunham told Howard Stern the rape occurred 8 or 9 years ago but that she was only just recently able to come to terms with what happened. She has said nothing one way or the other about filing rape charges against "Barry."
Dunham is now a public advocate for reforming campus sexual consent laws. Hopefully, Dunham will be moved to file official charges against her rapist before another woman becomes a victim.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: LENA DUNHAM: I WAS RAPED BY A 'CAMPUS REPUBLICAN'
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 01:25:30 pm »
What a crock of crap! Sorry, but when you get drunk and loaded up on Xanax and cocaine - and you're peeing in front of, and talking "dirty" to a guy - who is probably equally loaded up.............you are begging a guy to have sex with you!  He is getting mixed signals.

If there are any college-age girls reading this - in case your mother hasn't had this talk with you (and why the hell hasn't she???) - DO NOT allow yourself to get intoxicated to the point where you are not sure if you were raped last night!!!!!!

It's called commonsense, and young women today are woefully ill-equipped with it - thanks to our culture of sex, sex, sex, SEX.

Lena Dunham is mentally ill - and anyway - who the hell wants to read the memoirs of a 27 year old woman? 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline evadR

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 01:26:52 pm »
Should have stayed away from republicans.
Everyone knows they're mostly rapists and perverts.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline briskirn

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 01:39:24 pm »
I'm not "college age." I'm 28, but I am female. So here is my perspective, and it's pretty crude.

A female friend of mine put it best when she said, "Understanding men is a lot easier when you realize they are basically biological vehicles for sperm."

Girls do mature earlier physically, but my opinion is that, for the most part (There are many exceptions), men and women's mentality is different. Woman have to be more selective about fertilizing their eggs. Propagation wise it makes sense for men to just throw it all around, so it makes sense that there is an element of aggression from men to women.

She never mentions saying no. She never mentions trying to slow it down and talk about her discomfort. Once a girl begins to experience boys, it doesn't take all of 2.5 seconds to figure out what boys want. I agree the mixed signals she sent at the least were heinous. Quite frankly, she sounds like an effing idiot.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 01:47:41 pm »
I'm not "college age." I'm 28, but I am female. So here is my perspective, and it's pretty crude.

A female friend of mine put it best when she said, "Understanding men is a lot easier when you realize they are basically biological vehicles for sperm."

Girls do mature earlier physically, but my opinion is that, for the most part (There are many exceptions), men and women's mentality is different. Woman have to be more selective about fertilizing their eggs. Propagation wise it makes sense for men to just throw it all around, so it makes sense that there is an element of aggression from men to women.

She never mentions saying no. She never mentions trying to slow it down and talk about her discomfort. Once a girl begins to experience boys, it doesn't take all of 2.5 seconds to figure out what boys want. I agree the mixed signals she sent at the least were heinous. Quite frankly, she sounds like an effing idiot.

Hi briskirn - you are wise beyond your years.  Glad to see you posting - I would love to hear your insights on things that are happening right now. 

:seeya:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 02:08:18 pm »

...and it's going to become worse and/or more common since they've determined boys and girls should use the same restrooms and showers.

If my Sicilian grandmother...who was always carrying a rosary...were to come back today and see what our society is, she would grab her cheston the sopt and die again.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 02:08:26 pm »
Quite frankly, she sounds like an effing idiot.

Yeah, but libs are never responsible for anything that happens in their lives.

It's always those eeeeevil Republican men who are to blame.

Here's your sign...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 02:22:06 pm »

As a man who is also in his upper 20s, I wouldn't say that we're all just looking to throw our sperm around. (I tend to be pretty cautious about who I court, and I can say it's saved me a lot of trouble in at least a couple of cases! Then again, I am an unusual case.) I will admit that quite a few men do, especially in a college setting, and this man who Dunham was with probably had the same mindset. As for his political affiliation, I doubt you would've found very many Republicans at a college like Oberlin anyway. As Wikipedia notes, “Oberlin students have a reputation for being notably liberal, libertarian or progressive—” and since Dunham is about our age, that would've put the incident in 2005 when she was attending, at a time when libertarians had nowhere near the influence in the GOP (then still strongly dominated by the moral values crowd) that they do now. The chances of her running into a Republican at Oberlin were pretty lousy.

This anecdote doesn't quite pass the smell test with me.

and anyway - who the hell wants to read the memoirs of a 27 year old woman? 
Progressives.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:23:13 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 04:18:48 pm »
Nice to see young conservatives posting....your input is vital for the conservative movement..never be shy or afraid to participate in discussions..you are our future!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 01:25:42 am »
I think it's amazing that she found a Republican at that leftist hellhole of a college.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 01:50:37 am »
Yeah, but libs are never responsible for anything that happens in their lives.

It's always those eeeeevil Republican men who are to blame.

Here's your sign...

Yes but, why would a nice, intellectually superior, pure, innocent, LIBERAL, be anywhere near a neandrethal REPUBLICAN?

If any of this even happened, which I doubt, it would be her fault for hanging around with the worst kind of human beings on Earth. If she was knowingly in the company of Christian, Tea Party, sort of Republican, patriots, then she should have known the danger she was in from those kind of people.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline briskirn

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 11:54:59 am »
As a man who is also in his upper 20s, I wouldn't say that we're all just looking to throw our sperm around. (I tend to be pretty cautious about who I court, and I can say it's saved me a lot of trouble in at least a couple of cases! Then again, I am an unusual case.) I will admit that quite a few men do, especially in a college setting, and this man who Dunham was with probably had the mindset.

Oh ya, I was trying to be tongue in cheek about it. I know plenty of men who think with their brain and not their nads. You sound like one of them, and those are typically the kind of men I prefer to associate with.

I just thought her comment was a pretty good explanation for male behavior, but it doesn't apply to a lot of people. On that note, I've met plenty of women who are not very selective about who fertilizes their eggs.........

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 01:11:39 pm »

I just thought her comment was a pretty good explanation for male behavior, but it doesn't apply to a lot of people. On that note, I've met plenty of women who are not very selective about who fertilizes their eggs.........

I submit most unmarried women are not contemplating who's a potential father or not. 

You're over-thinking it.   It's more a case of getting instant gratification.   Like an itch that needs scratching...   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline briskirn

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 01:42:38 pm »
 My friend who made the statement studies animal behavior (not like, training dogs or something. She does research)

But that's the hard thing about discussing differences between men and women. We'll never really know since we can't experience what the other gender experiences. I think I'm pretty spot on for the most part. Think of how many men have multiple wives, but you don't hear about polyandrous women so much.

And here's the thing. Women talk about you guys. Like, we talk about you All The Time actually. I'm a part of a women's group thing (long story there) that has a purpose, but when we get together we tend to talk in great detail about our men. So I think it is safe to say, though it is an itch that needs to be scratched for women too, men tend to have a full blown rash (wow that is a hilarious metaphor. Maybe I should delete that. Nah.)

Offline evadR

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 03:26:56 pm »
I submit most unmarried women are not contemplating who's a potential father or not. 

You're over-thinking it.   It's more a case of getting instant gratification.   Like an itch that needs scratching...   :laugh:
yup..sums it up succinctly.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 03:51:37 pm »
I'm sorry I clicked on this thread; 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.....................who in hell is Lena Dunham?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 04:17:56 pm »

I'm sorry I clicked on this thread; 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.......

LOL! 

.....wondering why it took you 10 minutes?     :beer:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 05:19:25 pm »
I'm sorry I clicked on this thread; 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.....................who in hell is Lena Dunham?
Some stupid fat cow of a leftist celebrity, known  for taking off her clothes. I understand that, thanks to Lena, sales of eye bleach are way up.

Offline briskirn

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 06:05:57 pm »

Wow. So, apologies if saying men are vehicles of sperm touched on the wrong nerves. There was supposed to be an element of humor.

Hey, if you guys ever wonder why conservatives are having such a tough time reaching out to women, look at these responses, right here. I'm telling you how most women feel: That men are more sex driven, and your responses are very condescending.

Good luck with that whole conservative revival thing.... You just lost a young, conservative, female poster on this site. I'm not seeing too many around here.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 06:21:24 pm »
If you're referring to my comment, B, I'm a woman. But for her stupid comments and press coverage, I wouldn't know who Lena is, either, because I don't watch much TV and no HBO.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 06:34:59 pm »
Wow. So, apologies if saying men are vehicles of sperm touched on the wrong nerves. There was supposed to be an element of humor.

Hey, if you guys ever wonder why conservatives are having such a tough time reaching out to women, look at these responses, right here. I'm telling you how most women feel: That men are more sex driven, and your responses are very condescending.

Good luck with that whole conservative revival thing.... You just lost a young, conservative, female poster on this site. I'm not seeing too many around here.

Sorry but the comments are not all about you.

A lot of them are directed toward the person who made the statement being discussed.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 07:00:58 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2014, 07:06:59 pm »

Briskirn, I hope you won't leave, I was really enjoying hearing from you.  I don't think the guys were addressing you specifically - and believe me - I took your comments with plenty of humor!  I think you were exactly right. 

Believe me, just because this is a conservative site - one thing you have to know - conservatives fight plenty amongst themselves!  Probably as much as we fight the opposition.  That's the difference between a conservative and a liberal.  Liberals tend to think more in "groups" and conservatives tend to think more as "individuals" - or lone wolves. 

Some people don't like to disagree with others on a forum - others use it as an opportunity to sharpen our viewpoints.

Again - please don't leave us.  We need a younger viewpoint than most of us have - and from my viewpoint - we need more women on here!  I want to hear your point of view!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2014, 07:21:59 pm »
Again - please don't leave us.  We need a younger viewpoint than most of us have - and from my viewpoint - we need more women on here!  I want to hear your point of view!

Ya think she was just trolling?

I didn't see anything particularly objectionable from anyone.

Maybe the young, conservative, females just ain't what they used to be...

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2014, 07:32:16 pm »
Ya think she was just trolling?

I didn't see anything particularly objectionable from anyone.

Maybe the young, conservative, females just ain't what they used to be...

Well Dan - I remember when I was her age and I was much more idealistic than I am now.  I don't know your age - but 58 years have made me pretty cynical and somewhat burned out.  I like talking with younger people because it helps me to remember when I thought the future was distant - not staring me right in the face like it is now.

I think the back and forth exchange we engage in here is perhaps a bit shocking to young people, because they might not be used to it.  It is like a game to us - but we've had years to sharpen our claws and thicken our hides. 

Besides, after you've been married forty years........you learn to tolerate a lot. 

:th_10444:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2014, 07:55:13 pm »
I think the back and forth exchange we engage in here is perhaps a bit shocking to young people, because they might not be used to it.  It is like a game to us - but we've had years to sharpen our claws and thicken our hides. 

Maybe so, but you could say that someone who says men are 'vehicles of sperm' with an 'element of humor' was looking for a reason to be offended.

And then telling us what a wonderful person we just 'lost' because our comments are 'condescending'?

Oh well...