Author Topic: Obama tells frustrated Latinos: ‘I’m going to need you to have my back’  (Read 700 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://fusion.net/story/19540/obama-tells-frustrated-latinos-im-going-to-need-you-to-have-my-back/

By Jordan Fabian @Jordanfabian

Posted 10/02/2014 9:11 pm

President Obama on Thursday urged frustrated Latinos to stick by his side, fervently vowing to act on his own to slow deportations by the end of the year.

But the growing disillusionment among Hispanic activists over the president’s decision to delay action was evident when a heckler interrupted him during his speech at the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute gala in Washington.

“If anyone wants to know where my heart is or if I want to have this fight, let me put those questions to rest right now,” Obama told the audience. “I am not going to give up this fight until it gets done.”

The protester, identified by organizers as Blanca Hernandez, 31, seconds later shouted, “Mr. President, stop the deportations. We need relief now.”

Hernandez, who works as a paralegal in Washington, D.C., received a reprieve from deportation from Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34