Author Topic: The Left look really hard to find racism  (Read 189 times)

rangerrebew

The Left look really hard to find racism
« on: September 29, 2014, 02:58:25 pm »

Sep

The Left look really hard to find racism

Some cries of racism are so silly that I can’t imagine Leftists are laughing behind our backs.

This story is exactly that, particularly when you understand that the team in question has “outed” itself.

Recall that Bruce Levenson wanted to sell his part of the Atlanta Hawks because of emails he himself sent that he deemed racially insensitive. This attempt to get a fat deal for a terrible team failed, so the Hawks are back in the news.

The latest publicity stunt involves the Hawks GM, Denny Ferry, former University of North Carolina baller, who repeated something on a conference call he had read from a scouting report of Luol Deng, a player from Africa who now plays for the Miami Heat.

The statement referred to Deng as a player who “has a little African in him.”

This remark has been deemed racist, as Ferry obviously hasn’t been around many black people as a college and pro basketball player. Lord knows there are no black people in the NBA!

Since when is it racist to refer to someone as African? Imagine the horror if Deng had been mistakenly called African-American!

Though now a Brit, Deng is from the South Sudan, thus making him Sudanese, hailing from guess where…the continent of Africa. I’m not sure what “has a little African in him” means, but it’s not racist.

Notwithstanding, there are many things it could have meant, much of which could have been construed as positive, like Deng has the endurance of a Kenyan or the warrior spirit of the Maassai. But the stupid Leftist who are socially engineering sports want it clear that the comment is racist.

Deng commented, “I don’t think Danny’s racist.”

And to this I say, “No sh*t, Sherlock!”

Deng went on to say:

“It’s not something I want to hold onto for the rest of my career or the rest of my life…I had a chance to speak to Danny. I really believe that he’s really sorry for what he said. Whether it came from him or wherever it came from, I think the main focus really should be how we move on forward.”

Move on from what? “It’s not something to hold onto for the rest of my career or the rest of my life”!? Seriously. How about you not hold onto it for a nanosecond?

This is the nonsense that now consumes sports, one of America’s final frontiers of meritocracy.

Believe it or not, Ferry is taking an indefinite leave from the Hawks, and prior to the leave, the Hawks reported that Ferry was disciplined internally for his comments, though the sanctions have not been released.

Heat forward Udonis Haslem said he was “shocked” that something like what was said about Deng would be said, especially so soon after the league since much of last season dealing with a racial issue involving former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling.

“There’s certain mistakes that shouldn’t be made,” Haslem said.

Yes, like using a single verb with a plural noun, yes Haslem, there ARE certain mistakes that shouldn’t be made. But this isn’t one of them.

Read more at http://theblacksphere.net/2014/09/look-really-hard-find-racism/