Author Topic: Chelsea Clinton Gives Birth to a Daughter, Charlotte  (Read 2010 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chelsea Clinton Gives Birth to a Daughter, Charlotte
« on: September 24, 2014, 07:06:10 pm »
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/09/chelsea-clinton-fears-her-baby-could-live-on-a-planet-without-elephants/

By Liz Kreutz

Sep 23, 2014 7:38pm

If there is one thing Chelsea Clinton is most worried about, it may be that her soon-to-be child will grow up in a world without elephants.

Standing alongside her mother, Hillary Clinton, at the Clinton Global Initiative this afternoon, the very-pregnant former first daughter warned the plight of African elephants, killed for their ivory tusks, is an “existential” one, and said that if the current poaching rates continue, elephants could be few and far between within the next decade.

If so, this means Chelsea Clinton’s favorite animal could be something her child would never know.

“The child Marc and I are waiting to bring into this world could grow up in a planet without elephants,” Clinton cautioned, before announcing a new commitment to stop the killing of African elephants and the trafficking of ivory.

Chelsea Clinton said the African elephant crisis is not only a “moral” and “ecological disaster,” but also a “security threat,” as ivory is increasingly being used by the world’s most nefarious terror groups, such as the Lord’s Resistance Army and Boko Haram. She pleaded that “it’s in all of our interests” to stop the growing practice.

Saving the elephants is a favorite mission for the Clinton women. While making the announcement at the family’s annual philanthropic meeting today, Hillary Clinton described the issue as something she and her daughter are “passionately committed” to, and said that Chelsea Clinton has made it a “priority” of the Clinton Foundation.

Ahead of the birth of her child, Chelsea Clinton teamed up with the website BRIKA.com, to launch a line of elephant-themed gifts to benefit groups working to stop the international poaching of African elephants. She told the blog Refinery 29, she’s even contemplating buying some of the pieces herself for an elephant-themed nursery.

“We’re very baby-oriented right now, so we’ll definitely be buying a felt elephant or two. I think those will look great in our nursery. And, it’s safe to say that as last year, this year too, a lot of our friends will be getting elephant-themed Christmas presents,” Clinton said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Obviously not concerned that there may be a lack of jackasses...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 12:32:48 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/28/us/politics/chelsea-clinton-gives-birth-to-a-daughter-charlotte.html?_r=0

By NICHOLAS KULISHSEPT. 27, 2014

Chelsea Clinton has given birth to a daughter, a message posted to her verified Twitter account announced early Saturday.

The baby, named Charlotte, is the first child for Ms. Clinton and her husband, Marc Mezvinsky. “Marc and I are full of love, awe and gratitude as we celebrate the birth of our daughter, Charlotte Clinton Mezvinsky,” read the Twitter message.

Ms. Clinton’s parents, former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, both quickly retweeted the message from their own Twitter accounts. The message was also posted on Ms. Clinton’s Facebook page.

The Associated Press reported that a Clinton spokesman, Kamyl Bazbaz, said the child was born on Friday.

Ms. Clinton, 34, announced her pregnancy in April at an event on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, her mother at her side.

The baby arrives as the family, never far from the spotlight since Mr. Clinton was elected president in 1992, has loomed larger in the public eye amid speculation over a potential presidential run by Mrs. Clinton. The new grandmother has not formally announced her candidacy for the Democratic nomination but is already considered a frontrunner.

Ms. Clinton, the vice chairwoman of the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation, married Mr. Mezvinsky in 2010. They live in New York. She previously worked at the consultancy McKinsey & Company and holds degrees from Stanford, Columbia and Oxford.

Last month Ms. Clinton announced that she was leaving her position as a special correspondent for NBC News, less than three years into a tenure at the network that was bumpy at times.

Just 12 years old when her father was elected president, Ms. Clinton’s adolescence unfolded in highly public fashion, despite efforts by her parents to shield her from the publicity and scrutiny that the role of first daughter brings. They largely succeeded, in a time before ubiquitous Internet news sites.

But as she has gotten older, the public’s attention has become less restrained. Her wedding to Mr. Mezvinsky in Rhinebeck, N.Y., drew onlookers, autograph seekers and a baseball team mascot dressed as a raccoon.

Ms. Clinton has taken on a more public role in recent years, including the job at NBC and public speaking engagements that have earned her as much as $75,000 each. Her pregnancy this year brought even more attention, including questions about how the birth of a Clinton grandchild might win sympathy for Mrs. Clinton in her new role as grandmother as she gears up for a potential primary race.

“I certainly feel all the better whether it’s a girl or a boy that they’ll grow up in a world with so many strong female leaders,” Ms. Clinton said when she announced her pregnancy. As the world now knows, it’s a girl.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Chelsea Clinton Gives Birth to a Daughter, Charlotte
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 12:52:11 pm »
American Royalty.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 12:56:07 pm »
American Royalty.
I'd love to see the girl and Prince George in a Battle Royale.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 01:32:37 pm »
That unfortunate child. I hope she doesn't also (like her mother) resemble Webb Hubbell.

Clinton spokesman, Kamyl Bazbaz
Now there's an interesting name!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 01:37:34 pm »
That unfortunate child. I hope she doesn't also (like her mother) resemble Webb Hubbell.
Now there's an interesting name!

My thoughts exactly Mountaineer!

It's interesting though - it appears that Chelsea's fetus turned into a baby! 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 01:38:15 pm »
It's interesting though - it appears that Chelsea's fetus turned into a baby!
Yes, that potential human life didn't turn into something else, like a duck or a telephone.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 05:27:09 pm »
Chelsea Clinton Gives Birth

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 07:00:14 pm »

Awwww.  It looks just like her grandmother!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 07:06:46 pm »
I don't want to be 'that guy' and I do not mean to be petty, but that Chelsea Clinton is one ugly person. Strikingly ugly. She makes Janet Reno look kind of attractive.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 07:07:30 pm »
I don't want to be 'that guy' and I do not mean to be petty, but that Chelsea Clinton is one ugly person. Strikingly ugly. She makes Janet Reno look kind of attractive.
I think they cloned Eleanor Roosevelt.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2014, 07:16:26 pm »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2014, 07:17:05 pm »
So what? :bullie smokin:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2014, 07:17:23 pm »
Looks like hubby has abandoned his plan to run off to Colorado and become a ski bum.

rangerrebew

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 07:18:10 pm »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 07:24:48 pm »
83, on the way to Australia.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 07:34:43 pm »
Support the USO

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 07:41:21 pm »
Her huge mouth and teeth remind me of a horse. whew. good grief.

I'm not a fan of women having work done, but in her case I would call it necessary surgery. She needs to find out who did Greta van Susteren and make an appointment.

rangerrebew

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 07:49:51 pm »
Her huge mouth and teeth remind me of a horse. whew. good grief.

I'm not a fan of women having work done, but in her case I would call it necessary surgery. She needs to find out who did Greta van Susteren and make an appointment.

She could chew apples through a picket fence.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 07:54:22 pm »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2014, 08:19:38 pm »
Nice a campaign prop for Hillary..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2014, 08:23:36 pm »
Charlotte's Webb.

.....I like it.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2014, 09:48:01 pm »
Charlotte's Webb.

.....I like it.    :laugh:

:silly:
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2014, 09:50:25 pm »
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bill-hillary-post-pictures-chelsea-clintons-new-baby-n213166

Bill and Hillary Post Pictures of Chelsea Clinton's New Baby

Hours after Chelsea Clinton took to twitter announcing the birth of her daughter, Charlotte Clinton Mezvinsky, the entire family tweeted photos of the little bundle of joy.

View image on Twitter
 Hillary Clinton        ✔ @HillaryClinton
Follow
.@BillClinton and I are over the moon to be grandparents! One of the happiest moments of our life.
2:31 PM - 27 Sep 2014

Bill Clinton        ✔ @billclinton
Follow
Charlotte, your grandmother @HillaryClinton and I couldn’t be happier!
2:39 PM - 27 Sep 2014

Chelsea Clinton        ✔ @ChelseaClinton
Follow
At 7:03 PM on September 26th, we finally met Charlotte.  We’re in love.
2:29 PM - 27 Sep 2014

Baby Charlotte was born on Friday and the proud parents are "in love" with their newest addition.
Support the USO