Author Topic: Lois Lerner Breaks Silence: 'I Didn't Do Anything Wrong'  (Read 1369 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lois Lerner Breaks Silence: 'I Didn't Do Anything Wrong'
« on: September 22, 2014, 12:42:00 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=596034

Newsmax
Lois Lerner Breaks Silence: 'I Didn't Do Anything Wrong'
Monday, September 22, 2014 08:20 AM

By: Melanie Batley

Lois Lerner, the IRS official who came under fire for her role in the tea party targeting scandal, has broken her silence, insisting, "I didn't do anything wrong."

In an exclusive two-hour interview with Politico, the 63-year-old remained defiant about the accusations of wrongdoing by congressional Republicans and alleged culpability in giving heightened scrutiny to conservative groups that were applying for tax-exempt status.

"Regardless of whatever else happens, I know I did the best I could under the circumstances and am not sorry for anything I did."

In the face of accusations that she conducted a partisan witch hunt against conservative groups, Lerner insisted she is "not a political person." Though registered as a Democrat, she pointed out that she has only ever made one political contribution her entire life, which was $25 to a fellow law student who was running for judge.

"What matters is that my political opinions have never affected my work."

Republicans, however, point to emails from Lerner of a partisan nature and also cited her opposition to the Citizens United Supreme Court decision, lifting limited on political corporate contributions.

"Loui's ideology is against money in politics, is 'anti-contribution'; that's her bias," Craig Engle, a former executive assistant to a GOP FEC commissioner, who worked with Lerner prosecuting campaign finance violations. "Her ideology inhibited fair administration of the law."

Republicans also point to emails in which Lerner became specifically focused on auditing Crossroads, Karl Rove's political advocacy group, suggesting the group's application for tax exempt status be denied.

Critics also suggest the disappearance of two years worth of emails was suspicious as were her inquiries to colleagues about whether internal IRS instant messages were tracked and could be requested by Congress.

Lerner, who retired before the agency could fire her, revealed that she and her husband have spent "hundreds of thousands of dollars" on legal bills to defend themselves in the course of investigations by Congress and the FBI and in lawsuits brought on by numerous conservative groups.

Lerner has also been unable to get another job, and even some friends have refused to be in touch out of fear they could be the subject of congressional subpoenas, according to Politico.

She also said that she largely ignores the press about her, while her husband shields her from hate mail and death threats. In a tone of defiance, she told Politico she's "not going to let them ruin my life."

"I probably would have lost my mind if I had read it all, because your reaction when this happens is, 'Wait a minute, let me explain to you what happened." She added, "You don't hear half of what happened because they are picking and choosing."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Lois Lerner Breaks Silence: 'I Didn't Do Anything Wrong'
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 12:57:24 pm »
We will never again be a truly FREE people for so long as we continue to abide the Marxist income tax and the IRS!

http://fairtax.org
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 03:01:33 pm »
Now that she knows how much evidence they have against her she feels it is safe to speak out, at least so long as she is not under oath.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 05:07:21 pm »
Lois Lerner Compares Herself To Jeffrey Dahmer

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/22/lois-lerner-compares-herself-to-jeffrey-dahmer/

Lois Lerner says she is no Jeffrey Dahmer.

The former Internal Revenue Service official referenced the infamous cannibalistic serial killer as she broke her silence for the first time about last year’s IRS scandal.

Lerner told the website Politico that she has been the recipient of threats and hate mail, describing how one person called her “the worst person ever in the United States.”

“I just thought, ‘Boy, worse than Jeffrey Dahmer?’” Lerner quipped.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 05:21:32 pm »
Lerner, who retired before the agency could fire her, revealed that she and her husband have spent "hundreds of thousands of dollars" on legal bills to defend themselves...

I'm sure they have, the question is... whose money was it?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 05:38:00 pm »
Lies and more lies.  Doubtful she has any out of pocket expenses since she claims she was only doing her job, aka following orders.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 06:29:21 pm »
"I didn't do anything wrong."

She already said that - just before taking the 5th.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 06:58:47 pm »
STFU LL

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 07:02:50 pm »
John Steinbeck

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 07:38:55 pm »
I took that personally, LOL!

Oopps!!  Sorry Lando, wrong "LL"  I should have been more clear!!  lol

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 07:40:09 pm »
Oopps!!  Sorry Lando, wrong "LL"  I should have been more clear!!  lol
:beer:
John Steinbeck

rangerrebew

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 08:12:59 pm »
In a way, she is correct.  She hasn't done anything wrong when judged by District of Corruption standards of moral conduct. :politics: