Author Topic: ISIS Calls For Radicalized Americans To Go To Homes Of U.S. Soldiers, 'Slaughter Them'  (Read 1295 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/09/18/ISIS-Calls-For-Radicalized-Americans-To-Go-To-Homes-Of-U-S-Soldiers-Slaughter-Them

by AWR Hawkins 18 Sep 2014

ISIS is calling for radicalized "lone wolves" in the United States to go to the homes of U.S. soldiers and "slaughter" military personnel.

This is part of what is expected to be "a continued call" for American military personnel to be targeted within the United States.

According to Fox News, one British jihadist "encouraged radicals still living in the West to use Facebook and Linkedln to find and target soldiers." The jihadist tweeted: "You could literally search for soldiers, find their town, photos of them, look for addresses in Yellowbook or something. Then show up and slaughter them."

Militants in Syria have also been using Twitter to "[encourage] Muslims in the West to target soldiers with spontaneous attacks using [knives and guns]," the report continued.

On September 16, NBC News reported on a Rochester, New York man, Mafid A. Elfgeeh, who was charged for "trying to recruit people to join...ISIS...and shoot people in the United States." Elfgeeh is a naturalized U.S. citizen from Yemen. The targets Elfgeeh allegedly had in mind were "American military personnel returning from the Middle East."

The Obama administration continues to claim the Islamic State poses no immediate threat to the homeland, but the threats against our soldiers on our soil, not just serving abroad, appear quite immediate.

And according to Mail Online, intelligence agencies believe "these threats will only increase should the U.S. or its allies attack...ISIS in Syria or Iraq."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I am more and more puzzled why threads with titles such as this can have 45+ views so early in the morning and yet NOBODY has any comment to make.

Could it be that our core membership all feel like we've been living not in the United States of America, but in "United States of Bizarro"?   :shrug:

Are we in fact, 'this close' to experiencing what Israelis of years gone by had endured...in Sbarro's pizza joints and double decker busses?

Sure hope it's not true...because even if it presents a political benefit to Republicans vs. Democratic Left...nobody wants to see fellow Americans suffer Boston Marathon-type bloodshed on such a scale.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I am more and more puzzled why threads with titles such as this can have 45+ views so early in the morning and yet NOBODY has any comment to make.

Could it be that our core membership all feel like we've been living not in the United States of America, but in "United States of Bizarro"?   :shrug:

Are we in fact, 'this close' to experiencing what Israelis of years gone by had endured...in Sbarro's pizza joints and double decker busses?

Sure hope it's not true...because even if it presents a political benefit to Republicans vs. Democratic Left...nobody wants to see fellow Americans suffer Boston Marathon-type bloodshed on such a scale.

I share your views DC.  I guess a lot of those viewers that don't comment are guests - I think most people just read these articles, shake their heads and move on to the cartoons.  Most people aren't like us - we have strong opinions and like to discuss it amongst others of our kind.   :laugh:

But to address your other comment - yes, I think we are entering a new era, an era of our malls, pizza parlors, sports venues - attacks will be coming.  They seem to be determined to draw us in.  I say bring it on - it's time to fight or submit. 

Are we Americans?  What makes us different than the rest?  Are we still willing to fight for our rights or are we going down with the rest of the world?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

I share your views DC.  I guess a lot of those viewers that don't comment are guests - I think most people just read these articles, shake their heads and move on to the cartoons.  Most people aren't like us - we have strong opinions and like to discuss it amongst others of our kind.   :laugh:

But to address your other comment - yes, I think we are entering a new era, an era of our malls, pizza parlors, sports venues - attacks will be coming.  They seem to be determined to draw us in.  I say bring it on - it's time to fight or submit. 

Are we Americans?  What makes us different than the rest?  Are we still willing to fight for our rights or are we going down with the rest of the world?

What's also a surprise to me here, Is that...at first I checked it off because by the time I come on here in the early morning, there are already up to two dozen new threads posted in each of the main categories...National News, World News, Politics, Opinions, etc., and thought, well, maybe it's information overload.

Just seems strange and out--of-whack to us, Alice, doesn't it? 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

What's also a surprise to me here, Is that...at first I checked it off because by the time I come on here in the early morning, there are already up to two dozen new threads posted in each of the main categories...National News, World News, Politics, Opinions, etc., and thought, well, maybe it's information overload.

It does.  We think everyone is like us - but we are a different breed.  My husband is like that - he doesn't want to have to think about or talk about things - like he says, "things I can't do anything about - so why get myself all tore up"?

Me.  You.  We see something wrong - we gotta say something about it, gotta try to get everyone else to see it.  Anymore, I do feel like we are a distinct minority that's getting smaller everyday.  We're getting whipped down to submission and this is how it starts - people just give up.

Offline musiclady

Maybe we're becoming numb because it's too hard to process what's happening to our country........and the world.  Those of us who are old enough (war babies, or post war babies) have had some form of war our entire lives, with a few gaps along the way, but right now it feels very, very different.

It's not really that this enemy is so brutal, and coming here.  It's that we all know we have a President who, at heart, is on their side, and hates his own country enough to think we probably deserve all this.

We all know that any show of strength he announces is for purely political reasons, and that he just doesn't give a rip about any of us.

I remember very well the fear of the Soviets and people with bomb shelters in their back yards, but it pales in comparison to now.

And yet, if you bring up the truth to 30% of the country........ that our "president" hates America, and won't protect us......... they scream at you as if you're insane and that you're just a crazy right wing lunatic.

I think, for the first time, a lot of us don't really know how to act.

We feel like we're watching a train wreck that we are powerless to stop.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

One reason is that threads are fed to twitter and facebook...then people come here to read the article...some join...but we have a lot of guests that come here for the news and to read comments...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline alicewonders

Maybe we're becoming numb because it's too hard to process what's happening to our country........and the world.  Those of us who are old enough (war babies, or post war babies) have had some form of war our entire lives, with a few gaps along the way, but right now it feels very, very different.

It's not really that this enemy is so brutal, and coming here.  It's that we all know we have a President who, at heart, is on their side, and hates his own country enough to think we probably deserve all this.

We all know that any show of strength he announces is for purely political reasons, and that he just doesn't give a rip about any of us.

I remember very well the fear of the Soviets and people with bomb shelters in their back yards, but it pales in comparison to now.

And yet, if you bring up the truth to 30% of the country........ that our "president" hates America, and won't protect us......... they scream at you as if you're insane and that you're just a crazy right wing lunatic.

It is different now.  I grew up in the Cold War, grew up watching the daily depressing news about Vietnam - my father would turn on the TV and watch the news while we were eating dinner (no wonder I have a sensitive stomach).  It was scary and depressing, but in my naive youth, I was comforted by the feeling that our leaders were looking out for us.

I no longer feel that way.  I don't think most of us do anymore.  Helplessness breeds malaise.  I see people giving up.

Offline DCPatriot

I'm thinking you've nailed it, musiclady!   

The situation in which we're living today, is very depressing.

It's going to take something horrific to wake these younger Americans up.

Never thought I'd live to see the day where a love of country and patriotism and American exceptionalism is construed as "right-wing craziness".

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Mot of them do come from the twitter feed. I put stuff up very early - before 3AM Eastern most times - and the threads will get one or two hits at most. As soon as it is sent onto twitter it jumps to 20 to 30 almost instantly.

If you scroll back in world news, you can see the odd thread that for one reason or another didn't make the twitter feed - you'll have 10 views, tops.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 02:29:53 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DCPatriot

Mot of them do come from the twitter feed. I put stuff up very early - before 3AM Eastern most times - and the threads will get one or two hits at most. As soon as it is sent onto twitter it jumps to 20 to 30 almost instantly.

If you scroll back in world news, you can see the odd thread that for one reason or another didn't make the twitter feed - you'll have 10 views, tops.

Ah....yes, I see that Myst also tried to explain it that way.  So Tweeters catch up on the headline news due to the threads being put up there.

Hmmph.....I use DRUDGE for that.   :laugh:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ah....yes, I see that Myst also tried to explain it that way.  So Tweeters catch up on the headline news due to the threads being put up there.

Hmmph.....I use DRUDGE for that.   :laugh:

...but you can't read what others have said about the news on Drudge..
Support the USO

Offline DCPatriot

...but you can't read what others have said about the news on Drudge..

But that was my point....nobody is remarking about the threads here either. (at least in the early hours of the day)

I don't even know how to sign up or use Twitter.  LOL! 

Offline alicewonders

But that was my point....nobody is remarking about the threads here either. (at least in the early hours of the day)

I don't even know how to sign up or use Twitter.  LOL!

:silly:  :beer:

You and me both DC, we're old-school I guess.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Why would they ask people here to spread havoc if they are capable of doing it themselves?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline NavyCanDo

I've asked that question to myself a number of times.  The time of day it is posted may have a little to do with it. I'm at work during the day and only respond at lunch or if  I go on the web when I get home in the afternoon. As for those views without comment, I think it has to do a lot with the desensitization we all go through when we hear the outlandish threats day after day. We read it, shake our heads and move on to the next story.   But it’s not just here on the GOPBR, but over on that other forum most of us came from, on the same titled story they only have 31 replies.  At one time they would be counting pages.
We have a far smaller audience here, and I think it’s been shrinking with the same 6 or 7 people posting 80% of the new threads.    But the percentages of replies are about the same as the other places when you take the number of readers into account.     
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DCPatriot

I've asked that question to myself a number of times.  The time of day it is posted may have a little to do with it. I'm at work during the day and only respond at lunch or if  I go on the web when I get home in the afternoon. As for those views without comment, I think it has to do a lot with the desensitization we all go through when we hear the outlandish threats day after day. We read it, shake our heads and move on to the next story.   But it’s not just here on the GOPBR, but over on that other forum most of us came from, on the same titled story they only have 31 replies.  At one time they would be counting pages.
We have a far smaller audience here, and I think it’s been shrinking with the same 6 or 7 people posting 80% of the new threads.    But the percentages of replies are about the same as the other places when you take the number of readers into account.     

I certainly hear you, Navy!

But I believe as they've explained, there are many "guests" that hit the site in the early morning hours as Ranger and Myst are pounding out news items in their appropriate categories.

....that is, unless it's those dastardly Pookie Toons' addicts.  (just kidding.... :whistle:

I suppose some people run to the cartoons as an escape or sorts.  Me?   I find nothing comical about political toons...or toons of any stripe these days.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
To add to the discussion you're all having, I believe that given enough time and technology people are just going to stop caring about what their government is doing. When it gets to the point that the government can easily just give everybody pretty much everything they want (technology WILL allow this to happen) people are going to stop caring. Nobody is going to give up their cushy Jetsons lifestyle to fight the mechanized military that governments around the world will be in control of. I believe that within the next century or two we will have solved world hunger and most of the other big problems humanity faces today. People are just going to live their lives and the oligarchs that rule everything are just going to throw enough breadcrumbs at them to keep everybody quiet. Right now we are starting to witness the beginning of all of it. People hear about all of this terrible and unjust crap happening all around them, but in the end they can't bring themselves to do anything outside of bitch on the internet because they know in the end that they live a pretty comfortable life despite everything.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 06:40:39 pm by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline DCPatriot

To add to the discussion you're all having, I believe that given enough time and technology people are just going to stop caring what their government is doing. When it gets to the point that the government can easily just give everybody pretty much everything they want (technology WILL allow this to happen) people are going to stop caring. Nobody is going to give up their cushy Jetsons lifestyle to fight the mechanized military that governments around the world will be in control of. I believe that within the next century or two we will have solved world hunger and most of the other big problems humanity faces today. People are just going to live their lives and the oligarchs that rule everything are just going to throw enough breadcrumbs at them to keep everybody quiet. Right now we are starting to witness the beginning of all of it. People here about all of this terrible and unjust crap happening all around them, but in the end they can't bring themselves to do anything outside of bitch on the internet.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing...Edmund Burke

Offline NavyCanDo

I understand what you are saying - but could be just the opposite is happening, and people are more informed and more angry about what’s happening – but the forms of communicating  our thoughts and feelings are evolving.   From town halls we went to talk radio where you could listen to one voice at a time, then to the internet where you can read others comments and participate in real-time, and now with smart phones you have social media, and Tweets , you could post your thoughts anytime and anywhere.   Is the number of apathetic people growing leaps and bounds?  Maybe.  But there is no evidence of it with my friends, family, and the people I interact with on the internet.    I here from more like-minded people today than I did in lets say 1979.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline olde north church

I have many thoughts about these situations but choose not to comment.  People here have seen some of my comments and may wonder what the Hell is going on my head.  Is it Keyboard Cowboy or something else.
What little bit of filter I had is gone.  Some things slip through and either I come back to edit or say to Hell with it and leave it.  Most times I just forget about it, figuratively or literally.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline DCPatriot

I have many thoughts about these situations but choose not to comment.  People here have seen some of my comments and may wonder what the Hell is going on my head.  Is it Keyboard Cowboy or something else.
What little bit of filter I had is gone.  Some things slip through and either I come back to edit or say to Hell with it and leave it.  Most times I just forget about it, figuratively or literally.

Know just how you're feeling, ONC. 

They say silence is golden...but WTF!   :laugh:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
DCPatriot mused:
[[ I am more and more puzzled why threads with titles such as this can have 45+ views so early in the morning and yet NOBODY has any comment to make. ]]

And alicewonders replied:
[[ I share your views DC.  I guess a lot of those viewers that don't comment are guests - I think most people just read these articles, shake their heads and move on to the cartoons. ]]

What's worth saying, that anyone would listen to?

If I said what I thought, I would be attacked in this forum for being anti-Constitutional, anti-First Amendment, racist, xenophobic, islamophobic, etc. etc., blah, blah, blah.

I've already posted elsewhere much of what I believe about the struggle in which  The West is engaged. With few comments from other forum members.

If I said that I believed that the First Amendment should be changed from:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
to
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. The followers of muhammed are specifically excluded and denied the protections of this amendment along with any and all other Constitutional protections. Neither the United States nor the Several States will offer such protections or liberties to the followers of muhammed."

... what would you say in response?

alice asks above:
[[ Are we Americans?  What makes us different than the rest?  Are we still willing to fight for our rights or are we going down with the rest of the world? ]]

We cannot win this struggle until we realize that by giving muslims such freedoms in The West, they will eventually USE such freedoms against us. The same goes for the nations of Western Europe, who are further down the road to dhimmitude than we yet are.

The West will eventually reach the point where it must decide whether it will submit to rising islam, or fight back and force islam back into its cage.
That includes removing all muslims from dar al-harb and returning them to dar al-islam.

How say you?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 02:23:01 am by Fishrrman »

Offline NavyCanDo

How say you?

I checked out Article V of the constitution, and try as I might, I could not find a snow balls chance in Hell your change to the First  Amendment could ever be ratified.  We would have a better chance of having a 28th Amendment added guaranteeing free beer and hot wings served by Hooters girls every time we turn on a football game. 

Lets leave the Constitution as it is, and enforce our Nations Laws that already exist - starting at the border.

Offline DCPatriot

I checked out Article V of the constitution, and try as I might, I could not find a snow balls chance in Hell your change to the First  Amendment could ever be ratified.  We would have a better chance of having a 28th Amendment added guaranteeing free beer and hot wings served by Hooters girls every time we turn on a football game. 

Lets leave the Constitution as it is, and enforce our Nations Laws that already exist - starting at the border.

Absolutely agree, NCD!

Just read yesterday that Senator Cruz' bill which would strip citizenship from Americans that leave or decide to join ISIS...with the thought process of making them persona-non-grata.  It was defeated in Harry Reid's Senate.

And I was glad.

Be careful what you wish for, Teddy.  For with a stroke of a pen, the definition of "terrorist" could be molded to include Conservative Right Wingers.

Yes....let's work with the laws on the books. And enforce them.

Let's start with limiting the powers of the POTUS in terms of Executive Orders.  We don't need another FDR or Abraham Lincoln for that matter.