Author Topic: Obama Orders Boots on the Ground! William Kristol  (Read 370 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama Orders Boots on the Ground! William Kristol
« on: September 16, 2014, 06:30:41 pm »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/obama-orders-boots-ground_805212.html

Obama Orders Boots on the Ground!
William Kristol
September 16, 2014 10:07 AM

We're at war. We're putting boots on the ground. We're not waiting around for the host nation's government to get its affairs in order, or for a regional coalition to commit first. The president has apparently overcome his reluctance to use the military, his worries about a commitment to intervene without an exit strategy, and his usual reluctance to acknowledge (even implicitly) that his administration was wrong when it assured us that there was nothing much for us to worry about.

Of course, the enemy the president has boldly and unhesitatingly sent our troops to fight is the Ebola virus.

Aren't there other parts of the U.S government suited to carry on this fight? If not, shouldn't there be? Max Boot suggested building such a non-military civilian ability in the pages of this magazine over a decade ago. Surely an administration committed to smart power would have developed the civilian capabilities to fight a virus without deploying 3,000 troops?

Apparently not. But it will be interesting to see if President Obama explains why unilaterally putting boots on the ground for the sake of killing our enemies is unthinkable in Iraq and Syria, but, in order to cope with a virus, fine in Liberia.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Obama Orders Boots on the Ground! William Kristol
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 06:37:03 pm »
Apparently not. But it will be interesting to see if President Obama explains why unilaterally putting boots on the ground for the sake of killing our enemies is unthinkable in Iraq and Syria, but, in order to cope with a virus, fine in Liberia.

Perhaps Obama's priority is not to "kill our enemies," but rather to kill our troops.........   
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 06:37:48 pm »
Obama is so consistent it is actually scary. Every single thing he utters is either dead wrong or an outright lie.

I cannot figure it out. Is he a pathological liar? Or does he really not ever have a clue about what he is saying? Two terrible choices either way.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 06:47:00 pm »
Perhaps Obama's priority is not to "kill our enemies," but rather to kill our troops.........

That was my first thought. I don't think I would go if Obama tried to send me to Liberia to fight ebola. I think if were still in, I would have to refuse the orders and face charges instead.

I joined the military not the Peace Corps, and this is not a military mission. It is much more dangerous than a military mission. And there is no way to 'fight' it.

What happens when those guys get reassigned to America or anywhere else? Are they going to be quarantined, or simply let loose?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.