Author Topic: Islamic State claims beheading of British hostage... Developing...  (Read 785 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Islamic State claims beheading of British hostage... Developing...
« on: September 13, 2014, 11:08:58 pm »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-haines-beheading-live-updates-4256832

David Haines 'beheading': Latest updates after ISIS video claiming to show execution of British hostage

Sep 14, 2014 00:00
    By Steve Robson

A new video has been released by militants purporting to show the 44-year-old aid worker being executed

Colonel Richard Kemp, former commander of British forces in Afghanistan, has called for "retribution" over the murder of David Haines.

He said: "Having worked in British Government on hostage rescue I know how much effort has gone in to saving David Haines. Now is the time for retribution."
12:02 am

Minutes before Mr Cameron described the murder of David Haines as "pure evil".

David Cameron        ✔ @David_Cameron
Follow

The murder of David Haines is an act of pure evil. My heart goes out to his family who have shown extraordinary courage and fortitude.
5:56 PM - 13 Sep 2014

continued...

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Islamic State claims beheading of British hostage... Developing...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 11:40:39 pm »
Pure evil indeed.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 12:54:13 am »
I believe they're holding a 26 year old American woman hostage as well.  I wonder if they will behead her too.  It's amazing what we are becoming desensitized to. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 01:38:39 am »
I believe they're holding a 26 year old American woman hostage as well.  I wonder if they will behead her too.  It's amazing what we are becoming desensitized to.

I don't believe we've become desensitized as much as actually helpless to do anything.  It's not like there could be some group of former Special Forces organized and financed by a billionare and dropped into the war zone.  Nor can we expect American citizens to start slicing the necks of muslims living among us and posting the acts on the Internet.
About the only thing we can do is bide our time and elect a President who understands what the world is.  Not being a hidden muslim might help too.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 01:39:34 am by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 01:40:56 am »
I find it amazing that these last three guys are so calm...I would be kicking and screaming....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 02:08:04 am »
I don't believe we've become desensitized as much as actually helpless to do anything.  It's not like there could be some group of former Special Forces organized and financed by a billionare and dropped into the war zone.  Nor can we expect American citizens to start slicing the necks of muslims living among us and posting the acts on the Internet.
About the only thing we can do is bide our time and elect a President who understands what the world is.  Not being a hidden muslim might help too.

Yes.  Both frustrating and depressing. 

Offline mrclose

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 02:55:09 am »
I grabbed this shot from another site, a serious site that I don't suppose would be making fun of the situation 'but' .. Is that a drawing or maybe something the camera inserts into the background?

(I'm pretty sure that I don't have to point out what I am talking about!?)

It looks like some kind of cartoonish Arab tent setting with Arabs sitting around?

(Not funny)

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline mrclose

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 03:25:43 am »
Seems that whoever it is or whatever it is .. could have done better.
~ Self

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 04:02:50 am »
Seems that whoever it is or whatever it is .. could have done better.

With the other captions on the screen - the image in the upper left corner reminds me more of a station channel logo, a stylized image of a desert tent. 

Offline mrclose

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 05:37:40 am »
With the other captions on the screen - the image in the upper left corner reminds me more of a station channel logo, a stylized image of a desert tent.
Al Jazeera?
~ Self

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 06:41:02 am »
I find it amazing that these last three guys are so calm...I would be kicking and screaming....

I heard a possible explanation for why they may appear to be calm. According to this former CIA agent that was on the radio, they could be taken many times to a place of execution, read a statement, and then drug back to their cells. In their minds they are just repeating what they have done dozens of times before over the weeks or months they have been captive. This is largely so they will read a statement without duress and with what sounds like sincerity.  Sounds plausible to me - because like you said I would be kicking and screaming, and doing anything to be shot running away vs. having my head sliced off.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 06:50:48 am »
If these barbarians want to live like its the 1st century, I say we accommodate them. An EMP centrally located over their held territory, and they will be fighting each other just to survive. Then the Iraqi army with the assistance of our special forces, move in and finish them off.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 09:25:09 pm »
I heard a possible explanation for why they may appear to be calm. According to this former CIA agent that was on the radio, they could be taken many times to a place of execution, read a statement, and then drug back to their cells. In their minds they are just repeating what they have done dozens of times before over the weeks or months they have been captive. This is largely so they will read a statement without duress and with what sounds like sincerity.  Sounds plausible to me - because like you said I would be kicking and screaming, and doing anything to be shot running away vs. having my head sliced off.

I guess that makes sense...but still since the first two guys didn't come back this Brit is calm..maybe drugged?....anyways...you're right..try running away so I could be shot..
Support the USO