Author Topic: Prayers Needed.....  (Read 15053 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Prayers Needed.....
« on: September 09, 2014, 08:29:01 pm »
I received this message from DC...his son needs our prayers now!

Rather than upset anybody by creating a thread on the forum, I'll use this feature.  Hope nobody minds....

Today around noon time, I was notified that my oldest son, Clifford, age 44 was involved in a horrific motorcycle accident in Germantown, Maryland, about 5 minutes from my house.

He was on his way home to pick up his car and then going to pick up his wife at the hospital.  She was having an outpatient procedure.

He had just filled up his bike and was proceeding to get onto the I-270 freeway north, when a girl, pulling out of the BurgerKing, hit him broadside.

He is now in the shock trauma unit at Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, Maryland...because they were afraid there would be enough time to get him to Baltimore Shock Trauma.   

His left leg was hanging by a thread of skin and right now they are trying to stop the bleeding of the major artery...which will determine the leg can be saved.  Passersby used their shirts as tourniquets in an attempt to keep him from bleeding out.

I just had an argument with him on selling the bike...the other day.   Not for his carelessness, but for "the other guy".

All I'm asking is that you keep him in your prayers.  He is a father of two children, Elias 12 and Cassidy, 17.

As I think of you as friends, I hope you don't mind.

Thanks.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Prayers Needed.....
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 08:30:44 pm »
Prayers for Clifford!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 08:31:30 pm »
Prayers sent, my friend. For you, Clifford, his family, and the medical teams.

And they will continue. Please keep us informed when you can.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 08:32:17 pm »
I am praying now.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 08:40:10 pm »
Hail Mary please hear our prayers...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:52:52 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 08:52:04 pm »
Prayers Up for our friend, David, his son Clifford, and their entire family.....  Lord, please be with each of them at this moment, and minister to each of their needs during this time of crisis....  Please Bless them all, and be with the entire medical team, guide their hands, steady their emotions, and fill their minds with the exact and precise knowledge needed to operate successfully on this young man!!  We ask this in your son Jesus' name, and through the power of the Holy Spirit!!

Amen.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 09:06:45 pm »
I'd like to throw in an extra, if you don't mind:

Dear Lord, thank you for, in your infinite wisdom and mercy, a passerby who knew how to use a tourniquet was right there. Bless him.

Offline IZZY ANN

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 09:19:52 pm »
Prayers Up for our friend, David, his son Clifford, and their entire family.....  Lord, please be with each of them at this moment, and minister to each of their needs during this time of crisis....  Please Bless them all, and be with the entire medical team, guide their hands, steady their emotions, and fill their minds with the exact and precise knowledge needed to operate successfully on this young man!!  We ask this in your son Jesus' name, and through the power of the Holy Spirit!!

Amen.

Amen !!

Thank you, Katz for leading us in prayer.

The Lord is good and we have faith that He will hear our request for Clifford in this moment of need and emergency.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 09:46:46 pm »
Prayers up for Clifford and the whole family impacted by this tragedy. Events like this help us all to refocus our attention on the things that really matter.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 10:48:13 pm »

Amen.

Amen and AMEN!!

Your son and family (and YOU!) are in my prayers, DC!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 12:43:12 am »
Thank you all so much for your beautiful prayer offerings.

It's now 8:30PM and I just got back from the hospital. 

The surgeon came out to tell us that they reattached his left lower leg and that he won't know for sure until 48-72 hours if he can keep it.  An artery was lost...which I don't quite understand.  He also used what he described as something that looks like saran wrap around the wound, as the skin tissue is missing.  His brother Jason, age 42...also his business partner in their real estate brokerage, told us that the fire department used a hose to wash down the scene and that he saw leg tissue being washed away.   So that explains the clear wrap.

As EC can probably attest, the main concern right now is the threat of infection, which the surgeon says is guaranteed to surface.  Told us he'll probably be in there for about 4 weeks minimum.

Other than some serious skin abrasions from surfing the asphalt, he said Cliff is in pretty good shape.  They are also trying to settle his heart rate, as he was given 4 pints of blood.  They had a problem all afternoon, getting the artery to stop bleeding.   Something about coiling it or something.  Wish I could be more coherent.

I promise not to make this thread a long drawn out affair like the one for Adam.  I heard that some here complained...which I guess is understandable.
For that I apologize.   Myst...I love you.  Thank you for giving me an outlet to share this with you all.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:44:07 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 12:51:58 am »
Phooey on the complainers!  You use this thread as long as YOU need to, friend!

Thanks for the update.  As serious as it sounds, it seems like he is getting very good medical care. (Modern medicine is amazing, but God is downright AWESOME!  :laugh: )

We can now be praying for his more specific needs.............. and yours.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 12:52:14 am »
I promise not to make this thread a long drawn out affair like the one for Adam.  I heard that some here complained...which I guess is understandable.
For that I apologize.

Never apologize....F'em......thanks for checking in...I have been refreshing constantly waiting for your update....still praying to the Blessed Virgin....
Support the USO

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 12:52:41 am »
Thank you DC for the update, and it sounds a little better.  And to hell with anyone who doesn't like these threads.  Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with Clifford, you and the family.  I'm not very good with words as others here are, but I second them and hope you keep us updated, only when you are able.  Take care!
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 12:59:37 am »
It looks like it's been a tough year for both of us.  All the positivity I can muster is aimed right at you, my friend.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 01:02:19 am »
I am at a public meeting (County) witnessing messy democracy but my thoughts and prayers are with my friend and his family. It is also with Cliff's medical team.
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 01:40:15 am »

For that I apologize.   Myst...I love you.  Thank you for giving me an outlet to share this with you all.

If somebody doesn't like a thread, they don't have to click on it! 

Good news on his leg and prayers that it will heal.  Prayers for his family and for you too David!  I know this has been a hard time for you, so continued prayers your way. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 02:48:37 am »
Prayers for you and Clifford.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 05:42:47 am »
Thank you all so much for your beautiful prayer offerings.

It's now 8:30PM and I just got back from the hospital. 

The surgeon came out to tell us that they reattached his left lower leg and that he won't know for sure until 48-72 hours if he can keep it.  An artery was lost...which I don't quite understand.  He also used what he described as something that looks like saran wrap around the wound, as the skin tissue is missing.  His brother Jason, age 42...also his business partner in their real estate brokerage, told us that the fire department used a hose to wash down the scene and that he saw leg tissue being washed away.   So that explains the clear wrap.

As EC can probably attest, the main concern right now is the threat of infection, which the surgeon says is guaranteed to surface.  Told us he'll probably be in there for about 4 weeks minimum.

Other than some serious skin abrasions from surfing the asphalt, he said Cliff is in pretty good shape.  They are also trying to settle his heart rate, as he was given 4 pints of blood.  They had a problem all afternoon, getting the artery to stop bleeding.   Something about coiling it or something.  Wish I could be more coherent.

Prayers still going strong here and thank the Lord for answered prayers so far!

PM sent on roughly what to expect.

SPQR

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 07:49:00 am »
Keep your chin up

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 07:58:30 am »
It's clear to me how blessed I am....to have such a fine group of people as friends and extended 'family'.

I tried on several occasions last night to express myself on the thread, but was too emotional to be very coherent.  Don't want anybody to think I was non-responsive.

EC (Mark)....thank you so much for explaining what they did yesterday in such layman terms.   Am copying it to give to Rebecca (Cliff's wife) and his brother, Jason.

Yes, Suburban Shock Trauma is affiliated with Johns Hopkins....if you recall, that is where Adam was first brought when his shunt problems manifested before they took him to Baltimore.   

Funny...but it was Adam who first notified me yesterday, but it was entirely unrelated to the accident.

It seems that Rebecca was having a women-thing procedure and it was Cliff himself that asked for prayers for the family (on his Facebook timeline) at this time. Adam texted me asking me if I was okay....he thought the prayer request for was me or somebody else in the family going thru a crises, etc..  He couldn't get anybody and was starting to worry.

When nobody answered my texts...we both got a bit concerned and finally, my daughter-in-law....Jason's wife told me what just happened to Cliff.

Cliff and Jason are co-owners of a real estate firm...and last evening when the surgeon came out to speak to us, there were at least 40 people in the waiting room anxiously waiting.  They say a man can be judged by how many friends they have.   Cliff is always the life of any party.  Am very proud of them.

Thank you all again.  This is the best damned place in the world to me...to have such closeness to people I've never met face to face.

damn eyes starting up again.   LOL!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 11:55:28 am »
Good morning DC,

Hope today will be better for Cliff.  Get rest and drop us a line only if you get a chance.  Take care.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 11:57:10 am »
Good morning DC,

Hope today will be better for Cliff.  Get rest and drop us a line only if you get a chance.  Take care.

Yes. Meanwhile, prayers continue.
John Steinbeck

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 12:20:38 pm »
Good morning, MAC and Lando!

Getting ready to go to the hospital right now.   They said they weren't going to awaken Cliff until today sometime, but since everybody else has kids to deal with on a school day, I'll be there.

EC provided many helpful details as to what's going on and what to expect in the coming hours, days, and months. 

Also...my own predicament...my BP was 103/64 for God knows how long.  The cardiologist had prescribed 2 additional meds just prior to my cardio cath procedure and together with the two I was already taking, no wonder I wanted to lay down all the time and was unsteady on my feet.

It's now the 2nd day not taking all four and the lightheadedness has lessened quite a bit.   Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be somewhat normal.

Still planning on getting a CAT scan to make sure it isn't from my original fall when I head my face on the toilet seat.

Thank you guys for being there.  It means so much to me.   :beer:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 12:29:52 pm »
Morning DCP! Git gone - and make sure you eat something!