Author Topic: How to handle law enforcement when they come to your door.....  (Read 937 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: How to handle law enforcement when they come to your door.....
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 01:50:40 pm »
Wow.  Well done by this guy.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 02:06:48 pm »
That was a very smart strategy to record the whole thing.  You can see that the cops became considerably less bullying once they realized they were being recorded.  Personally, I'd have let them in and been much more cooperative, but I completely support this guy's right to keep them out if that is his wish. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 02:34:15 pm by massadvj »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 02:13:01 pm »
Scary stuff. It sure took them a long time to claim that someone said the bad guy ran into this fellow's apartment. I'm surprised they backed down, cell phone recording or not.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 03:51:01 pm »
refusing to agree to having police access your house (or car or belongings) without a warrant is the only wise thing to do. Recording the whole interaction is also wise. Demanding a COP show you three forms of ID....not so wise.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 07:56:33 pm »
That was a very smart strategy to record the whole thing.  You can see that the cops became considerably less bullying once they realized they were being recorded.  Personally, I'd have let them in and been much more cooperative, but I completely support this guy's right to keep them out if that is his wish.

Cops need to be reminded from time to time what they are and are not allowed to do. I cringe to think how this might have gone down had he not been recording.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates