Author Topic: 2016 Presidential Update: For Republicans, a Vacancy at the Top  (Read 544 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
2016 Presidential Update: For Republicans, a Vacancy at the Top
« on: September 04, 2014, 12:56:46 pm »
http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/2016-presidential-update-for-republicans-a-vacancy-at-the-top/

2016 Presidential Update: For Republicans, a Vacancy at the Top
GOP field features long list but no obvious frontrunner

Larry J. Sabato, Kyle Kondik and Geoffrey Skelley, U.Va. Center for Politics September 4th, 2014

It’s lonely at the top of the Republican field — like, “top of Mt. Everest” lonely.

In our latest shuffle of the 2016 Crystal Ball presidential outlook, we’ve decided that the Republican first tier is…empty. Our Republican friends might object, but deep down, we think they would be hard-pressed to argue for any single name to head this long list: There’s simply no one in the field who is clearly more likely to get the nomination than a half-dozen or more others.

That does not necessarily mean the field is poor. There are many talented politicians on the list, and we could see any number of them potentially emerging as the nominee — and even winning the presidency if conditions allow. But it’s nearly impossible to figure out who that person is, and it even could be that the eventual nominee will be someone not listed among the 16 names below. Trying to handicap the presidential race years in advance is fun, although it should be done with great humility.

We still believe Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor and member of the GOP dynasty, would be a frontrunner if he entered the race, and we suspect the party’s establishment forces favor him over all other candidates. He also would have the potential to dissuade other establishment-oriented candidates from running. That said, Bush has done absolutely nothing to suggest that he’s truly interested in taking on the campaign. So he remains the first name on the list, but is no longer first tier.

continued....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline speekinout

Re: 2016 Presidential Update: For Republicans, a Vacancy at the Top
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 12:04:37 am »
Given the results of recent elections, I'd say that the most important quality is charisma. Not experience; not leadership ability; not knowledge. We're electing the Prom King/Queen. 0bama is looked upon as a messiah by his followers.
So, who is that? I know Cruz has a loyal following. So does hillary and Elizabeth Warner. Is there anyone else?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 12:14:32 am »
Jeb Bush? You have to be kidding me. Nobody is for another Bush presidency. It is simply not going to happen.

Once I read that I disregarded the article. These people do not live where I live. We are on different planets.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 12:15:13 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 12:31:04 am »
I love the last line:

Never on the list, won’t be after Ferguson: Gov. Jay Nixon (MO)

:laugh:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024