Author Topic: What's Keeping Obama's Approval Ratings Up?  (Read 1916 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: What's Keeping Obama's Approval Ratings Up?
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2014, 05:25:43 pm »
Drudge

GALLUP: OBAMA 38% APPROVAL; LOWEST OF PRESIDENCY... DEVELOPING...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2014, 05:37:06 pm »
Drudge

GALLUP: OBAMA 38% APPROVAL; LOWEST OF PRESIDENCY... DEVELOPING...

Excellent!

It shouldn't be above 10%, but with the bias in his favor, 38% is really, REALLY bad.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2014, 06:34:12 pm »
Even those who "ignore" all polls as being irrelevant and unreliable have to at least recognize patterns that form with many polls from unrelated companies.

There are generally two kinds of polls. The ones for public consumption which , in general, are designed to be drivers of public opinion and the ones the public never see which are designed to find out how well the first kind are working!

If they don't publish the entire set of internals with the poll I generally don't even bother to look at it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2014, 06:48:38 pm »
There are generally two kinds of polls. The ones for public consumption which , in general, are designed to be drivers of public opinion and the ones the public never see which are designed to find out how well the first kind are working!

If they don't publish the entire set of internals with the poll I generally don't even bother to look at it.

http://www.gallup.com/file/poll/175256/Obama_Approval_vs_Specific_Issues_140821%20.pdf

BTW, the polls also include cell-phones.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2014, 06:56:24 pm »
http://www.gallup.com/file/poll/175256/Obama_Approval_vs_Specific_Issues_140821%20.pdf

BTW, the polls also include cell-phones.

This is the very first sentence from the document at the link you posted above.

Results are based on telephone interviews conducted August 7-10, 2014 with a random sample of –1,032—
adults, aged 18+, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. For results based on this sample of
national adults, the margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points at the 95% confidence level.

Adults! Not registered voters or likely voters but just adults over 18 years of age. Can't help but wonder what the numbers might be for either of those groups.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 06:57:07 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 07:16:33 pm »
This is the very first sentence from the document at the link you posted above.

Adults! Not registered voters or likely voters but just adults over 18 years of age. Can't help but wonder what the numbers might be for either of those groups.

It's not designed to be used to measure voters' opinions, but the opinions of those living in the US.  There will be plenty of such polls out soon enough.  Whether or not you believe it has any reliability, it's been in use for a lot of years, and a lot of presidents.  Take a look at February 2009 and then the pattern over the past 5 1/2 years.  The sample size, margin of error, weighting, and confidence level seem to be legitimate. 

But if I'm voting in an election, I do want to see the surveys done with likely voters.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2014, 09:03:18 pm »
It was just posted elsewhere that they only poll people who have land lines as opposed to cell phones.

How 'scientific' is it to create a data bank of numbers that will provide you the result you're seeking?

Any high school student...at least a private high school student...could create one.   :laugh:
But landlines are more likely to be held by old people, who skew Republicans.

The young poor-- the Democrats' base-- are pretty much all on cell phones.

So even if they're only using landlines, that means they're skewing even harder to our side than reality.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024