Author Topic: Obummer’s 2014 Election Strategy: Count on the Stupid Party Yet Again  (Read 634 times)

rangerrebew

Obummer’s 2014 Election Strategy: Count on the Stupid Party Yet Again

By Steve Deace on August 27, 2014

The one issue that is probably the only thing standing in the way of a GOP-controlled U.S. Senate happening this fall is now back on the table. Because whenever he needs a slump buster, Obummer knows he can always count on Republican Party “leadership” to provide it—right as rain.

The Democrats cannot win this fall. This environment is exactly what we saw in 2006, but in reverse. Because of that environment, there was nothing the Republicans could do that year to win. It was just a matter of how bad the loss would be. But now the shoe is on the other foot. The president is underwater in the polls on every issue people will be thinking about when they cast their ballots come November 4th. This is exactly why Obummer hinted at playing his ultimate trump card this week.

On Wednesday, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest revealed the Regime’s 2014 game plan when he said he hopes “Congress doesn’t shutdown the government over common sense executive action on immigration.” It would be a “real shame” he went on to say.

Allow me to translate what the Regime really means here:

“We know the leadership of the Republican Party is every bit in favor of amnesty as we are, and if it weren’t for the current border crisis they would’ve gone along with it after their contentious primary cycle was over.

Earlier this year they were even saying as much.

However, amnesty is a toxic issue to the GOP base. Since our base is demoralized, our only hope of somewhat neutralizing how many independent and swing voters we’re going to lose this fall is to similarly demoralize the GOP base in kind. When we commit our next act of lawlessness we know the GOP establishment has no stomach to try and stop – amnesty by executive fiat – conservatives will demand House GOP leadership ‘hold us accountable.’ But the only way they can do that is to file impeachment charges or defund our schemes, which will cause a government shutdown.

Either option is one these over-consulted empty suits in Speaker Boehner’s cabinet have proven time and time again they don’t have the stomach for. If they stand up to us, we’ll mobilize our sycophantic media they’re so afraid of to scare them to death. If they don’t stand up to us and buckle yet again, a demoralized GOP base could do exactly what they did in 2012, which saw millions of them staying home.

We win regardless of which outcome it is.

Throughout the course of this year I have been forecasting 2014 will be huge for Republicans, and I’m not a shill that gives pro-GOP analysis just because. I don’t get paid enough to do that. If anything, my complete lack of regard for the feckless Republican Party establishment makes my analysis more pessimistic. When it comes to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, no one has a more proven track record. Still, I’m not even sure how the Republicans can blow this one.

Until the current and ongoing border crisis I provided that analysis with one caveat.

If the GOP betrayed its base by enacting amnesty once the scrutiny of the primaries were over that would essentially be treacherous self-immolation, but once the border crisis gripped the nation that possibility severely diminished. Now a desperate White House has brought it back up, because it knows the only people left on planet Earth who still fear this president all happen to be running the Republican Party at the moment. Not to mention a GOP leadership bought and sold by pro-amnesty K Street may desire for Obummer to enact open borders this way, believing it lets them off the hook and all the blood is therefore on the Regime’s hands.

Yes, these people believe we’re really that stupid.

This is what it’s like to be led by people who hate you. We can’t even trust them to stand up to what amounts to a voter registration drive on behalf of their opponents, setting aside the fact it’s also an act of Constitutional malfeasance. Obummer knows this, and he knows the GOP fights conservatives first and harder then it ever fights him.

It appears the Democrats’ entire 2014 election strategy is now banking on it.

Read more at http://stevedeace.com/news/obummer-2014-election-strategy-count-on-the-stupid-party-to-come-through-yet-again/#V8SzGdWvxrbO5rzx.99

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Obummer’s 2014 Election Strategy: Count on the Stupid Party Yet Again
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 02:40:24 pm »

The GOP isn't the 'stupid party'.

They do what they do deliberately.

The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 03:15:56 pm »
I can tell you that as a district GOP official in Iowa, the distance between the the GOP leadership at the Federal level and the rest of us is so wide that I'm amazed that there's any relationship at all.

What has to be done is for more conservatives to win primaries. We've had some success this go around, some very close losses, and then the crap like what happened in Cochran's race.  The GOPe is definitely worried or amnesty would already be a John Boner 'let's make a deal' reality.

I believe the Dems and GOPe realize that if they passed amnesty before election that the GOP would likely take over, and the GOPe might find it doesn't have the votes to stay in leadership.
The Republic is lost.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 03:21:00 pm »
Recruiting the "unaccompanied minors from non-contiguous states" was a miscalculation on the Democrat's part.  It was supposed to lock in the image of the GOP as being heartless, even to little innocent children, but it backfired on them and they're having to shove that news story to a back burner to get everyone's attention off of it.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 03:29:59 pm »
Recruiting the "unaccompanied minors from non-contiguous states" was a miscalculation on the Democrat's part.  It was supposed to lock in the image of the GOP as being heartless, even to little innocent children, but it backfired on them and they're having to shove that news story to a back burner to get everyone's attention off of it.

I believe that if the truth about OPapaDoc's covert dealings with nefarious gangsters around the world -- from Mexican drug lords to ISIS mullahs -- was ever known, the man would be run out of town on a rail.  Instead, the sheeple think OPapaDoc is a victim of circumstances he had nothing to do with. 

Both ISIS and the wave of immigrant children were impossible logistically without financing from very high sources.  Who, other than OPapaDoc and the Demoncrats, has access to that kind of dough and political motive?

Oh, wait.  It must have been the Koch brothers.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 03:43:41 pm »
I believe that if the truth about OPapaDoc's covert dealings with nefarious gangsters around the world -- from Mexican drug lords to ISIS mullahs -- was ever known, the man would be run out of town on a rail.  Instead, the sheeple think OPapaDoc is a victim of circumstances he had nothing to do with. 

Both ISIS and the wave of immigrant children were impossible logistically without financing from very high sources.
  Who, other than OPapaDoc and the Demoncrats, has access to that kind of dough and political motive?

Oh, wait.  It must have been the Koch brothers.

True.  I think Obama & Co's dirty money has caused up both of those things to happen.  Not to say that almost every administration doesn't do things like that - but the INTENTION of these two things is not in America's best interest - quite the contrary.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 07:45:17 pm »
I can tell you that as a district GOP official in Iowa, the distance between the the GOP leadership at the Federal level and the rest of us is so wide that I'm amazed that there's any relationship at all.

What has to be done is for more conservatives to win primaries. We've had some success this go around, some very close losses, and then the crap like what happened in Cochran's race.  The GOPe is definitely worried or amnesty would already be a John Boner 'let's make a deal' reality.

I believe the Dems and GOPe realize that if they passed amnesty before election that the GOP would likely take over, and the GOPe might find it doesn't have the votes to stay in leadership.
I want to know what success? The only successes we've had this time around have been in meaningless House races.

In the all too crucial Senate, ZERO of our candidates have won.

Matt Bevin-- LOST.

Lee Bright, and all of Graham's other opponents combined-- LOST.

Chris McDaniel-- LOST.

You get the picture?

We have not secured a Senate victory since Ted Cruz.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 08:33:19 pm »

Conservatives win more primaries?

One of their frequently used methods, is for multiple conservatives to oppose a single incumbent Republican (being incumbent almost demands he be referred to as "establishment").

Another method is running truly inexperienced, loose lipped and "far out" types.

Finally and perhaps most importantly, the country overall and most districts/states are NOT as far right as the TP, since it was adopted by the social conservatives, that oppose abortion in cases of rape for instance.

Just some thoughts from a district served by an incumbent Republican that has NOT labeled himself Tea Party, but has always voted like one.

Rohrabacher has ACU of 96, second only to McClintock from California. And he elects to not align as a TP member.

For what it is worth, not much to forum groupies, TP is NOT popular with a broad enough fraction of center-right voters, to win in a great many districts.

So the poor results this election cycle mirror the decline in TP approval compared to the early times. That is what happens when the common sense voters sense undisciplined, extreme candidates in many cases.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 08:46:53 pm »
I want to know what success? The only successes we've had this time around have been in meaningless House races.

In the all too crucial Senate, ZERO of our candidates have won.

Matt Bevin-- LOST.

Lee Bright, and all of Graham's other opponents combined-- LOST.

Chris McDaniel-- LOST.

You get the picture?

We have not secured a Senate victory since Ted Cruz.

Just because a lot of Tea Party candidates lost, that does not mean the Tea Party is irrelevant.  Republicans cannot win without conservative votes. 

It's difficult to upend incumbents because they are usually very well-funded and GOP voters are risk averse.  The least risky candidate in their minds is the known incumbent.  In many cases, the TP candidates were marginal kooks.  That certainly didn't help matters, either. 

Nonetheless, the movement is not going to disappear anytime soon, although I see a big divide coming between the libertarian TP wing and the SoCon TP wing as both Ted Cruz and Rand Paul throw their hats in the ring for 2016.  Neither one has much of a chance to get the nomination, but that doesn't mean they should not run.

The purpose of the primaries is to put on display all the various flavors within the GOP.  I think if you go to Baskin Robbins, they have 31 flavors.  But the best seller nationwide is vanilla.

http://parade.condenast.com/313831/viannguyen/u-s-states-top-selling-ice-cream-flavors-new-york-loves-vanilla/

That doesn't mean the other 30 flavors have no business being in the store.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 09:21:38 pm »
Just because a lot of Tea Party candidates lost, that does not mean the Tea Party is irrelevant.  Republicans cannot win without conservative votes. 

It's difficult to upend incumbents because they are usually very well-funded and GOP voters are risk averse.  The least risky candidate in their minds is the known incumbent.  In many cases, the TP candidates were marginal kooks.  That certainly didn't help matters, either. 

Nonetheless, the movement is not going to disappear anytime soon, although I see a big divide coming between the libertarian TP wing and the SoCon TP wing as both Ted Cruz and Rand Paul throw their hats in the ring for 2016.  Neither one has much of a chance to get the nomination, but that doesn't mean they should not run.

The purpose of the primaries is to put on display all the various flavors within the GOP.  I think if you go to Baskin Robbins, they have 31 flavors.  But the best seller nationwide is vanilla.

http://parade.condenast.com/313831/viannguyen/u-s-states-top-selling-ice-cream-flavors-new-york-loves-vanilla/

That doesn't mean the other 30 flavors have no business being in the store.

Enjoyed your post! All excellent points to consider.

Agreed. A Rand Paul-Ted Cruz party discussion is coming and should prove to be a doozy. I may have to move to Canada a while just to keep low.