Author Topic: Judge dismisses lawsuit challenging Sen. Thad Cochran's victory in Republican primary runoff  (Read 983 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/29/judge-dismisses-lawsuit-challenging-sen-thad-cochran-victory-in-republican/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29

Judge dismisses lawsuit challenging Sen. Thad Cochran's victory in Republican primary runoff
Published August 29, 2014
Associated Press

A Mississippi judge dismissed a lawsuit Friday that seeks to overturn six-term Sen. Thad Cochran's victory in a Republican primary runoff.

Judge Hollis McGehee said state Sen. Chris McDaniel, who lost to Cochran in the June 24 runoff, failed to start the election challenge on time.

McDaniel will announce next week whether he will appeal McGehee's ruling to the Mississippi Supreme Court, his attorneys said.

McGehee announced his ruling Friday in Gulfport, one day after hearing arguments in Laurel about the timing of McDaniel's lawsuit.

The judge agreed with Cochran attorneys, who cited a 1959 Mississippi Supreme Court ruling that said an election challenge must begin within 20 days of the election. McDaniel waited more than a month.

McDaniel's lawsuit claims irregularities spoiled the June 24 runoff. It asked the judge to declare McDaniel the winner or order a new runoff.

McDaniel attorney Steve Thornton argued Thursday that Mississippi election laws have been rewritten since 1959, but Cochran attorney Phil Abernethy countered that the changes were not significant and that the Supreme Court precedent should still guide the judge in the current case.

Results of the runoff were certified July 7, and McDaniel started his challenge Aug. 4 with the state Republican Party. After the GOP executive committee said it didn't have time to properly consider the challenge, McDaniel filed a lawsuit Aug. 14 in his home of Jones County. The state Supreme Court appointed McGehee, a retired judge from another county, to handle the case.

Certified results show Cochran defeated McDaniel by 7,667 votes.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Of course, the GOPe is determined to win by fair means or foul.  In this case, it has been all foul.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Not to worry. As long as it can be proven that a percentage of Thad voters blatantly voted illegally, I do not see how the election as a whole can stand.

Of course we are living in a post-Constitution, post-'rule of law', America so anything can happen these days.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Carling

I wish McDaniel was as adamant about pursuing Dem voter fraud all over the USA.  This seems like sour grapes to me.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 12:28:40 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline kevindavis007

I wish McDaniel was as adamant about pursuing Dem voter fraud all over the USA.  This seems like sour grapes to me.

I think he was just a puppet for the Senate Conservative Fund or what other group that was paying him off.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Of course, the GOPe is determined to win.

:king: I agree with what I quoted by you. 
We have established common ground. [float=left]:beer:[/float]

I hope McDaniel pushes it to the MS Supreme Court.  The more he whines the better Thad looks.
The GOPe owns the MS GOP, the Republican precinct workers, and the judges. 
Undefeated.

This is how it ends...with a whimper.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The GOPe owns the MS GOP, the Republican precinct workers, and the judges.
You say that as if it is a good thing that the corrupt SOB's are in control of the political process.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You say that as if it is a good thing that the corrupt SOB's are in control of the political process.
I say it to tweak the geniuses who believe a conspiracy prevents "real conservatives" from getting elected when it is voters who refuse to elect "real conservatives."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Politics is corrupt. Multiple I stances of late whereby the TP candidate or organization has committed misdeeds.

"If you can''t stand the heat, keep out of the kitchen."  And the other one about not watching politicians make sausage.

My 1st principle of politics is winning. My 2nd principle is get money. My 3rd principle is be smarter, be faster, be a better communicator.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Politics is corrupt. Multiple I stances of late whereby the TP candidate or organization has committed misdeeds.

"If you can''t stand the heat, keep out of the kitchen."  And the other one about not watching politicians make sausage.

My 1st principle of politics is winning. My 2nd principle is get money. My 3rd principle is be smarter, be faster, be a better communicator.
So basically what you are saying is this:

Politics is corrupt.

If you don't like the fact that politics is corrupt, shut up and stay out of it. You don't have a voice.

If you don't like what's going on in politics, and want to change it, be as corrupt as they are.

If this is true, then it's time for revolution. I will not stand for corruption, and neither should any other honest man or woman.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
So basically what you are saying is this:

Politics is corrupt.

If you don't like the fact that politics is corrupt, shut up and stay out of it. You don't have a voice.

If you don't like what's going on in politics, and want to change it, be as corrupt as they are.

If this is true, then it's time for revolution. I will not stand for corruption, and neither should any other honest man or woman.
I didn't say what you said. I said what I said.  Before a revolution, during it and afterwards, there will always be politics of some sort.

It is naïve to expect politics to suddenly be other than what human nature has always driven them to be.

So if you step into the ring of politics as a participant or an observer, recognize that the first punch might fail to meet your high standards, but the referee didn't see it, and the crowd wants their guy to win, or at least to get a good bloody night of entertainment.

If you want high morality, go to church. If you want a fair fight good luck, politics is probably not your game.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Sad.

Just a sad way to live. It is depressing to know that people who think this way exist and are out there.

Just sad. I feel sorry for them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Sad.

Just a sad way to live. It is depressing to know that people who think this way exist and are out there.

Just sad. I feel sorry for them.

These people know the way things are - and don't want to do anything to change it.  They like the status quo. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!