Author Topic: GOP Leadership Plotting to Pass Amnesty in August, May Put AZ, TX in Play for Dems  (Read 10306 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Alice - I might be slightly in love with you right now.

Bah!   Beer goggles, I tell ya! 

Quilt squares each have a history.  The key word is 'history'.

Once you're here, you assimilate.  If that means your children only.....you're assimilating.

In one generation....the cheese is melted.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MBB1984

And I would argue that those fears have been well founded in many cases.

It is a different world now that America is a welfare state.   Decades ago, everyone had to make it on their own with no or little government assistance.  We did not have to worry about immigrants sucking on the government tit until it ran dry.  Today, the government benefits given by America make work optional for millions.  When enough of those achieve political power, the Republic is lost.  Amnesty will give the democrats everything they need.   

Offline DCPatriot

It is a different world now that America is a welfare state.   Decades ago, everyone had to make it on their own with no or little government assistance.  We did not have to worry about immigrants sucking on the government tit until it ran dry.  Today, the government benefits given by America make work optional for millions.  When enough of those achieve political power, the Republic is lost.  Amnesty will give the democrats everything they need.

IOW....it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the desire for cheap labor.

That's baloney.

It's to create a 'permanent' underclass who look to your party for assistance...so that you can retain power and play God.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline katzenjammer

That's baloney.

It's to create a 'permanent' underclass who look to your party for assistance...so that you can retain power and play God.

It is BOTH, DC.  There are two powerful forces at play here!!  The statists (left, progressives, etc.) are the ones that want what you describe.

The corporatists (just use the Chamber of Commerce as an example) want the cheap labor.  Why do you think that they have been agitating for this??  Certainly not "to create a 'permanent' underclass who look to your party for assistance...so that you can retain power and play God."

Yes, there are two very powerful forces that have been agitating and lobbying to further the destruction of the nation.  We the People are no longer represented in this, for all intents and purposes.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Bah!   Beer goggles, I tell ya! 

Quilt squares each have a history.  The key word is 'history'.

Once you're here, you assimilate.  If that means your children only.....you're assimilating.

In one generation....the cheese is melted.    :laugh:

Arrrrrrgh - DC!  That quilt (history as you say) is snuggly and comforting and keeps us warm in a cold world.  It is comfort.

"In one generation....the cheese is melted." - Okay, maybe the next generation moves on to an electric blanket - it sounds "cheesy", but there will come a time when they will treasure the old frayed quilt - made with love and precious history.  And they will pass it down to their children.

Beer goggles?  Really?   :beer: 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline MBB1984

That's baloney.

It depends on the group supporting amnesty.  Groups support amnesty for various reasons.  You are right that the democrats desire to create a permanent underclass who look to their party (master) for assistance and retain power.  The democrats want more pawns in their power play and they are succeeding.  However, you are wrong if you believe that the Chamber of Commerce Republicans do not desire a steady flow of cheap labor. They want cheap labor no matter what it costs the country in tax credits and future government entitlements when the cheap labor ultimately determines that they don't have to work to live relatively well.   

Offline DCPatriot

Perhaps, I was being too defensive...being self-employed for over 50 years.  LOL!

Economic climate now what it is....my original POV regarding these wonderful people wouldn't be the same.

Because 20% of American households have NOBODY earning wages, it no longer holds true that they are doing jobs Americans don't want to do.  They would.

Now they are competing for jobs, while our local and state governments go out of their way to make them comfortable.

Offline DCPatriot

Arrrrrrgh - DC!  That quilt (history as you say) is snuggly and comforting and keeps us warm in a cold world.  It is comfort.

"In one generation....the cheese is melted." - Okay, maybe the next generation moves on to an electric blanket - it sounds "cheesy", but there will come a time when they will treasure the old frayed quilt - made with love and precious history.  And they will pass it down to their children.

Beer goggles?  Really?   :beer:

LOL!   Was teasing because your were hypnotizing normally lucid posters with heart-tugging prose.

I love you too.... :beer:

Offline alicewonders

It is BOTH, DC.  There are two powerful forces at play here!!  The statists (left, progressives, etc.) are the ones that want what you describe.

The corporatists (just use the Chamber of Commerce as an example) want the cheap labor.  Why do you think that they have been agitating for this??  Certainly not "to create a 'permanent' underclass who look to your party for assistance...so that you can retain power and play God."

Yes, there are two very powerful forces that have been agitating and lobbying to further the destruction of the nation.  We the People are no longer represented in this, for all intents and purposes.

You are absolutely right Katz!  And both sides don't give a damn about what it is doing to our country.  The Republicans will find that this is NOT a winning issue for them, it doesn't matter if "they" are the ones to hurry to put their names on it before the Dems can.  They will always be painted as the "white crackas out to protect the rich".  I honestly think it's too late to turn it around - the scales have tipped.

Offline alicewonders

LOL!   Was teasing because your were hypnotizing normally lucid posters with heart-tugging prose.

I love you too.... :beer:

888catlicking

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Query:  if they pay social security taxes under someone else's social security number, is it fair if that person gets credit for those taxes?

Google "earnings suspense file".

Starting in the late 1980's, the Social Security Administration received a flood of W-2 earnings reports with incorrect - sometimes simply fictitious - Social Security numbers. It stashed them in what it calls the "earnings suspense file" in the hope that someday it would figure out whom they belonged to.

The file has been mushrooming ever since: $189 billion worth of wages ended up recorded in the suspense file over the 1990's, two and a half times the amount of the 1980's.

In the current decade, the file is growing, on average, by more than $50 billion a year, generating $6 billion to $7 billion in Social Security tax revenue and about $1.5 billion in Medicare taxes.

In 2002 alone, the last year with figures released by the Social Security Administration, nine million W-2's with incorrect Social Security numbers landed in the suspense file, accounting for $56 billion in earnings, or about 1.5 percent of total reported wages.

Social Security officials do not know what fraction of the suspense file corresponds to the earnings of illegal immigrants. But they suspect that the portion is significant.

"Our assumption is that about three-quarters of other-than-legal immigrants pay payroll taxes," said Stephen C. Goss, Social Security's chief actuary, using the agency's term for illegal immigration.

That's from a 2005 article.

The ESF probably has close to, if not over a trillion dollars in it right now.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline DCPatriot

They had collected $586 Billion as of 2001.

But they aren't holding any of that.  It's spent propping up liberal bastions in many cities.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I've seen the data Luis but it has to happen lawfully! No one that I know is opposed to LEGAL immigration!

At this point in time is makes very little difference Bigun.

Without every Hispanic immigrant in the nation now, and millions more in the next two decades, there won't be an American culture.

I know that most people here will argue that with that many Hispanics in the US, the American culture will die, but they are all wrong.

It will change, but it won't die.

It WILL die, if we don't find a way to quit fighting about the semantics of immigration, and just go about the business of doing what we need to do to survive as a culture.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:07:22 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
They had collected $586 Billion as of 2001.

But they aren't holding any of that.  It's spent propping up liberal bastions in many cities.

Unreported deficit spending.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
It's simple demographics.

In order for a culture to maintain itself for longer than 25 years, it must maintain a fertility rate of 2.11 children per family.

Historically, no culture has ever reversed a 1.9 fertility rate. A rate of 1.3 is impossible to reverse because it would take between 80 and 100 years to correct itself, and no economic model would sustain the culture during that time.

If two sets of parents have one child each, there are half as many children as parents, if those children also have one child, there are one fourth as many children as grandparents in that culture.

The needs of the culture's workforce can't be met, and the culture declines as a result of the economic impact of lower population.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Here are the (somewhat) current fertility rates in Europe:

• France - 1.8
  • England - 1.6
  • Greece - 1.3
  • Germany - 1.3
  • Italy - 1.2
  • Spain - 1.1

The European Union's combined fertility rate is 1.38.

However, the population of the European Union is increasing.

In France the rate of fertility of Muslims is 8.1.

France will be an Islamic Republic in under 30 years.

Europe will be an Islamic continent in 50 years.

Without the influx of Hispanics, legal or otherwise, we could be an Islamic Republic by 2060.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
So you have to ask yourself, we've been arguing about illegal immigrants in this country for more than 30 years, can we afford to spend another generation arguing about it?

The answer is that we can't, bacause as a stand-alone people, with no Hispanics to bolster our numbers, we don't have another generation left in us as a culture.

So we look back over the way the nation was built, forget the legal aspects for a second.

We have no melting pot, we have a quilt.

Those patches are everywhere to be seen.

Every pizzeria, every Chinese restaurant, every Greek Orthodox Church, every Synagogue, every Cathedral, every Columbus Day parade, every Carnaval in Miami.

Everybody comes here and slaps a patch onto that quilt and grabs a piece of the dream. Everybody adds to the culture, very few ever came here and faded away.

The ten or so million Hispanics here in the nation are irreplaceable in our fight to survive as a culture.

We need them because it would take way too long to replace them PLUS  bring in the additional millions we're going to need in the very near future.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:37:38 am by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline olde north church

Perhaps, I was being too defensive...being self-employed for over 50 years.  LOL!

Economic climate now what it is....my original POV regarding these wonderful people wouldn't be the same.

Because 20% of American households have NOBODY earning wages, it no longer holds true that they are doing jobs Americans don't want to do.  They would.

Now they are competing for jobs, while our local and state governments go out of their way to make them comfortable.

Just a tangent but what's the biggest employer in the U.S.A.?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 11:08:45 am by massadvj »

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Where does the Federal gov't stand on that list, add states, counties, locals?

All government workers account for about 8 percent of the workforce.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Now, the fertility rates and predictions in my posts have been the subject of many a debate, and many have been challenged.

The fertility rate of Muslims is declining, the inevitable consequence of the economic factors impacting the existence of larger families in Western culture.

But the fertility rate of non-Islamic cultures is declining as well and the decline of the influence of Christianity on Western culture is inarguable, while the increasing footprint of Islam on our culture is equally inarguable.   

Post in forums such as this, speak to a decline in our culture. Certainly there are many changes in our culture as well, yet not all of them really equate to a decline, but the decline is unquestionable and gaining speed.

China and Russia are on the rise as international power brokers and Islam is on the rise as Christianity declines.

There are too many more pressing issues concerning our long-term outlook as both a nation and a culture to waste decades arguing about the finer points of something that's already happened, and discussions about what to do about the illegal immigrants that are already here is an absolute waste of our precious time. 

The nuances of how to legalize those whom we both need to have present here, and can't really force to leave is a massive waste of our energies.

Get it done already.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:02:56 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Now, the fertility rates and predictions in my posts have been the subject of many a debate, and many have been challenged.

The fertility rate of Muslims is declining, the inevitable consequence of the economic factors impacting the existence of larger families in Western culture.

But the fertility rate of non-Islamic cultures is declining as well and the decline of the influence of Christianity on Western culture is inarguable, while the increasing footprint of Islam on our culture is equally inarguable.   

Post in forums such as this, speak to a decline in our culture. Certainly there are many changes in our culture as well, yet not all of them really equate to a decline, but the decline is unquestionable and gaining speed.

China and Russia are on the rise as international power brokers and Islam is on the rise as Christianity declines.

There are too many more pressing issues concerning our long-term outlook as both a nation and a culture to waste decades arguing about the finer points of something that's already happened, and discussions about what to do about the illegal immigrants that are already here is an absolute waste of our precious time. 

The nuances of how to legalize those whom we both need to have present here, and can't really force to leave is a massive waste of our energies.

Get it done already.

Regarding muslim fertility, there is also a lot of genetic failure related birth defects among muslims due to inbreeding.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Regarding muslim fertility, there is also a lot of genetic failure related birth defects among muslims due to inbreeding.

Se West Virginia is in even more trouble than the rest of the nation?

Offline MACVSOG68

Se West Virginia is in even more trouble than the rest of the nation?
:laughingdog:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!