Author Topic: Bundy stands by his 'better off' as slaves comments  (Read 19197 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Bundy stands by his 'better off' as slaves comments
« Reply #225 on: April 25, 2014, 08:00:55 pm »
My point regarding China and Iran, to a lesser degree Cuba, is people may think the systems there are just fine.  Perhaps there is no desire, among most people is born, live, die.  Why does everybody need to be happy.  I don't know.  I was born and raised here.
Think about why most people come here
:
Religious persecution, political persecution, financial freedom, personal freedom.
I'm third generation American.  Still have family in various European countries, Australia and South America.  A variety of professions.  Not all of them felt the need to leave.  Some of them seem to be doing very well.  Maybe just the malcontents felt the need to get out of Dodge.

Yet, in all those instances, with Cuba and pre-reform China being the most extreme, leaving to go make a new life for yourself elsewhere could cost you your life.

The same as slaves, NOT the same as current day welfare moochers.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #226 on: April 25, 2014, 09:52:31 pm »
So, in your mind, the solution is MORE government action, not less.
It's very difficult to see how you are able to reach this conclusion.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #227 on: April 25, 2014, 10:12:54 pm »
It's very difficult to see how you are able to reach this conclusion.

Here's his reply:

"... more would IF we had a government insisting that they get off of that porch instead of doing everything possible to make sure they don't ever do that!"

"Having a government insisting" that people do one thing instead of another is replacing one government action with another.

That's replacing government action with inaction, and would probably be more successful since the "insisting" way would indubitably lead to government programs targeting people that need "insisting".

How about if the government gets out of the habit of subsidizing failure and financing sloth all together?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:16:55 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Howie66

« Reply #228 on: April 25, 2014, 10:57:58 pm »
Here's his reply:

"Having a government insisting" that people do one thing instead of another is replacing one government action with another.

That's replacing government action with inaction, and would probably be more successful since the "insisting" way would indubitably lead to government programs targeting people that need "insisting".

How about if the government gets out of the habit of subsidizing failure and financing sloth all together?

Now, this is what needs to happen. I'm more than confident that this is exactly what Bigun was saying in the first place.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #229 on: April 25, 2014, 11:11:40 pm »
Now, this is what needs to happen. I'm more than confident that this is exactly what Bigun was saying in the first place.

So now we're. It only needing to explain what Bundy said, but we have nuance translation services for Bigun too?

How can I debate anyone when no one says what they actually meant to say?

Offline katzenjammer

Offline Howie66

« Reply #231 on: April 25, 2014, 11:18:39 pm »
So now we're. It only needing to explain what Bundy said, but we have nuance translation services for Bigun too?

I can't speak for anybody else, but I am fluent in "Old Guy".

Offline Howie66

« Reply #232 on: April 25, 2014, 11:19:47 pm »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #233 on: April 25, 2014, 11:23:32 pm »

Here's what I said in reply to your question earlier:

Quote from: Luis Gonzalez on Today at 02:35:40 PM

Absolutely not! MUCH less government action is in order in fact!

The reason they stay on the plantation is that WE allow the government to give them much more than they could possibly earn with a real job!

THAT should not ever happen in a free country
!

Don't  see how you could possibly misinterpret that but I guess you did!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:25:56 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Howie66

« Reply #234 on: April 25, 2014, 11:25:44 pm »
Here's what I said in reply to your question earlier:

Quote from: Luis Gonzalez on Today at 02:35:40 PM

The reason they stay on the plantation is that WE allow the government to give them much more than they could possibly earn with a real job!

THAT should not ever happen in a free country!

Don't  see how you could possibly misinterpret that but I guess you did!

I don't think that Luis is fluent in "Old Guy".

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #235 on: April 25, 2014, 11:26:25 pm »

Luis, you were Babe Ruth on this thread!   :beer:

Having a 'slugger' who not only takes time by using detailed paragraphs, but continues to stay engaged with multiple opponents in a gentlemanly fashion is an asset to any forum.

Personally, am convinced it's a big reason why we've gotten some of our FRiends actively posting once again.   :patriot:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #236 on: April 25, 2014, 11:27:39 pm »
I don't think that Luis is fluent in "Old Guy".

Obviously not!

I thought I was fairly capable in the use of the English language but perhaps not.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #237 on: April 25, 2014, 11:44:42 pm »
Obviously not!

I thought I was fairly capable in the use of the English language but perhaps not.

Perhaps the both of you need to become more fluent in the flow of conversational posts in a forum like this.

I didn't misinterpret what Bigun said, you just believe that I should have understood the explanation before he actually gave one.

First, Bgun said this:

"... more would IF we had a government insisting that they get off of that porch instead of doing everything possible to make sure they don't ever do that!"

Then I responded by saying this:

To which Bigun replied with:

THAT should not ever happen in a free country!

THEN, many posts after that, Howie66 cames in and asks me how I reached the conclusion that I did (re: more government rather than less), and I explained how I got there.

That didn't mean that I didn't understand what Bigun said, I was just helping you understand why I had said what I had said to Bigun: "Having a government insisting" that people do one thing instead of another is replacing one government action with another"....etc, etc.

Please keep up with the flow of the conversation.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #238 on: April 25, 2014, 11:45:46 pm »
Luis, you were Babe Ruth on this thread!   :beer:

Having a 'slugger' who not only takes time by using detailed paragraphs, but continues to stay engaged with multiple opponents in a gentlemanly fashion is an asset to any forum.

Personally, am convinced it's a big reason why we've gotten some of our FRiends actively posting once again.   :patriot:

I need a drink.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #239 on: April 25, 2014, 11:49:49 pm »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/04/25/black_bundy_bodyguard_hes_not_a_racist_id_take_a_bullet_for_that_man.html

Black Bundy Bodyguard: He's Not A Racist; "I'd Take A Bullet For That Man"

CNN REPORTER: You're protecting this man and he's wondering whether African-Americans would be better off as slaves. How does that strike you?

JASON BULLOCK, BODYGUARD FOR CLIVEN BUNDY: It doesn't strike me any kind of way. This is still the same old Mr. Bundy I met from the first day of all this happening.

CNN REPORTER: But aren't those offensive comments to you

BULLOCK: Not at all.

CNN REPORTER: Not offensive?

BULLOCK: Because Mr. Bundy is not a racist. Ever since I've been here he's treated me with nothing but hospitality. He's pretty much treated me like his own family.

###

BULLOCK: I would take a bullet for that man, if need be. I look up to him just like I do my own grandfather.

CNN REPORTER: Why?

BULLOCK: Because I believe in his cause and after having met Mr. Bundy a few times, I have a really good feel about him and I'm a pretty good judge of character.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #240 on: April 25, 2014, 11:51:07 pm »
I need a drink.

We could all use one since you are buying..bloody mary please!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #241 on: April 25, 2014, 11:54:10 pm »
We could all use one since you are buying..bloody mary please!

Virgin Mary for me - heavy on the celery salt.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #242 on: April 25, 2014, 11:57:21 pm »
I'll take two fingers of Glenmorangie straight up please.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 12:06:16 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #243 on: April 26, 2014, 12:05:45 am »
I'll stay with water, thank you very much.

Thread derailed.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #244 on: April 26, 2014, 12:07:35 am »

Thread derailed.

Sorry..my fault...just a little break....
Support the USO

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #245 on: April 26, 2014, 12:10:57 am »

Nope...my fault. 

Just got a little excited to see posters back again, etc., and acknowledged a catalyst of sorts.    LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #246 on: April 26, 2014, 12:12:05 am »

Can't stay serious all the time. That way lies insanity.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline happyg

« Reply #247 on: April 26, 2014, 12:13:10 am »
I prefer a Xanax after reading all the posts.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #248 on: April 26, 2014, 12:17:55 am »

Thread derailed.

Jimmy, you're the kind of guy who wakes me up in the middle of a dream that involved wine, a hot tub and Andrea Tantaros behaving in a very unladylike like manner.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 12:18:13 am by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #249 on: April 26, 2014, 12:24:39 am »
Hmmm...

I think I need to go to the Lilly pad for a bit.

Back soon.