Author Topic: Bundy stands by his 'better off' as slaves comments  (Read 18940 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Bundy stands by his 'better off' as slaves comments
« Reply #300 on: April 26, 2014, 05:27:36 pm »
Excellent piece by Mark Steyn on the Cliven Bundy "racist" imbroglio here:
http://www.steynonline.com/6293/how-now-white-cowman

Not long, worth your time.

Thanks.

From Steyn's piece:

In other words, the purpose of the federal bureaucracy's "grazing fee" was never to provide a fair-market value for the cost to taxpayers of permitting grazing on public land but simply to drive those cattle off the land.

I never knew Ronald Reagan was such an a-hole.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #301 on: April 26, 2014, 05:51:50 pm »
alice and Luis...if you are looking for your posts I removed them....please get the thread back on track...

I removed the ones you missed.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline aligncare

« Reply #302 on: April 26, 2014, 06:30:30 pm »
Steyn usually gets it right. He did not disappoint.

Oceander

« Reply #303 on: April 26, 2014, 06:34:53 pm »
aren't we tired of this thread yet?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #304 on: April 26, 2014, 06:39:52 pm »
I only read the last couple of pages. And, yes, you're right. It is a little tiring, now.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #305 on: April 26, 2014, 07:36:27 pm »
I only read the last couple of pages. And, yes, you're right. It is a little tiring, now.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #306 on: April 26, 2014, 08:32:29 pm »
 ****cute kitty

Offline olde north church

« Reply #307 on: April 26, 2014, 08:59:44 pm »
Simple question. I don't need you to explain what Bundy meant, or the larger context of his remarks.

Do you think that blacks would be better off as slaves than living under their current conditions?

A simple "yes" or "no" will do.

It's nothing more than James Carville dragging a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park.  Have you seen the comedian who uses the phrase "I had the right to remain silent but did not have the ability?".
You're quite the wordsmith.  Could you go back through everything you have ever said, throughout your entire life, not with the rules of law but the court of public opinion and not have it somehow, edited or twisted?  They did it to Sarah Palin, "Joe the Plumber", Dick Cheney and 12 dozen hundred on the Right.  But there's always a life ring to someone on the Left.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #308 on: April 26, 2014, 09:00:42 pm »
It's nothing more than James Carville dragging a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park.  Have you seen the comedian who uses the phrase "I had the right to remain silent but did not have the ability?".
You're quite the wordsmith.  Could you go back through everything you have ever said, throughout your entire life, not with the rules of law but the court of public opinion and not have it somehow, edited or twisted?  They did it to Sarah Palin, "Joe the Plumber", Dick Cheney and 12 dozen hundred on the Right.  But there's always a life ring to someone on the Left.

Do you think that blacks would be better off as slaves than living under their current conditions?

Yes, or no.

Which is it?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 09:01:15 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

« Reply #310 on: April 26, 2014, 10:18:25 pm »

Yes, or no.

Which is it?

Current condtions for many blacks is worse than slavery.  Just look back to Hurricane Katrina.  There were people who were totally lost without the government to tell them what to do.  What was the difference between that and a barrelful of salt pork and hominy and an EBT card and Section 8?

Offline Carling

« Reply #311 on: April 26, 2014, 10:20:30 pm »
Current condtions for many blacks is worse than slavery.  Just look back to Hurricane Katrina.  There were people who were totally lost without the government to tell them what to do.  What was the difference between that and a barrelful of salt pork and hominy and an EBT card and Section 8?

Wow
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #312 on: April 26, 2014, 10:34:54 pm »
Wow

Lets scroll back a bit. Only 30 years, so not looking at historical stuff.

What would you call someone who has to go where he's sent, do exactly what he is told, has zero say in how he's treated, has exactly zero human rights, and can't vote?

A slave?

Sorry, that's a soldier. Voluntary slavery - at it's finest.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Charlespg

Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #314 on: April 26, 2014, 11:15:53 pm »
Lets scroll back a bit. Only 30 years, so not looking at historical stuff.

What would you call someone who has to go where he's sent, do exactly what he is told, has zero say in how he's treated, has exactly zero human rights, and can't vote?

A slave?

Sorry, that's a soldier. Voluntary slavery - at it's finest.

You're all so far down the rabbit hole in defending the indefensible that you will define marriage as self-imposed slavery just to make a point. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #315 on: April 26, 2014, 11:48:31 pm »
You're all so far down the rabbit hole in defending the indefensible that you will define marriage as self-imposed slavery just to make a point.

Nobody here disputes that SLAVERY is abhorrent.  Treating a human being as property, as a pet, as a farm working animal...is anathema to all of us.

To think....it was an immigration 'problem' that made slavery possible in the first place. 

It was a labor shortage....not a case of white Colonists wanting to master over another's life.

Have been playing detective in my mind...as I'm wont to do when being empathetic about a person. 

#1.  Bundy's not a racist.  At least not in a sense that he would look down on a black man in front of him.  Rather it seems, he's using MLK's criteria.  Character vs color.

#2.  Bundy's use of the word "negro" doesn't make him a cultural idiot.  A while back, we talked about "pop" vs. "soda".  Depends on where you're from and where you lived.

#3   Bundy is not a LIV. He's sufficiently aware of the plight of the American black and their economic cost to the government.   He is aware of blacks' effect on crime statistics....nationally, state and local.   Just like we are aware.

You could probably pick twelve random families living in a crime, gang infested project in NY or Chicago right now with no future, no safety, no hope of getting out.

I'd bet money that more than half of them would work for no wages for free room and board and a guarantee of safety and an education.

One is voluntary...the other isn't.   Both are slaves.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #316 on: April 27, 2014, 12:06:46 am »

Nobody here disputes that SLAVERY is abhorrent.  Treating a human being as property, as a pet, as a farm working animal...is anathema to all of us.

To think....it was an immigration 'problem' that made slavery possible in the first place. 

It was a labor shortage....not a case of white Colonists wanting to master over another's life.

Have been playing detective in my mind...as I'm wont to do when being empathetic about a person. 

#1.  Bundy's not a racist.  At least not in a sense that he would look down on a black man in front of him.  Rather it seems, he's using MLK's criteria.  Character vs color.

#2.  Bundy's use of the word "negro" doesn't make him a cultural idiot.  A while back, we talked about "pop" vs. "soda".  Depends on where you're from and where you lived.

#3   Bundy is not a LIV. He's sufficiently aware of the plight of the American black and their economic cost to the government.   He is aware of blacks' effect on crime statistics....nationally, state and local.   Just like we are aware.

You could probably pick twelve random families living in a crime, gang infested project in NY or Chicago right now with no future, no safety, no hope of getting out.

I'd bet money that more than half of them would work for no wages for free room and board and a guarantee of safety and an education.

One is voluntary...the other isn't.   Both are slaves.

:hands:

Excellent points all the way around, Thank You!!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #317 on: April 27, 2014, 12:15:24 am »
Of course, Mr. Bundy should give up the daily news conferences - but the media will keep encouraging it - because now they have him in a cage...on public display....someone they can prod with a stick and make a spectacle of when he reacts.  They caught themselves a genuine white cracka racist!  And they're going to keep him on display as long as he serves their purpose - to show the world that anyone that dares to try to fight the gubmint (long guffaws and loud belly laughter) is an ignorant redneck bigoted racist - see!  We got one right here - this is what they sound like!  We caught us an honest-to-God REAL in the flesh BigFoot ....er, .....no .....um .....PATRIOT!  Yeah - that's what they call themselves, but as anyone can plainly see - they're really just RACISTS.  Oooooooooh, horrified whispers .........disgusted looks ...........must distance yourselves from this monster is you don't want his feces flung on your own faces.

No, the media is going to keep him in the spotlight as long as they can - he is so useful to them.  He is an example of what will happen to any ordinary citizen that dares to defy the almighty Federal Government.  It will be awhile before any brave/stupid soul will make that mistake again.  Look at the monster!  Look at him before we kill him with a thousand paper cuts - LOOK at him while you still can and think very carefully before you attempt to stick YOUR neck out. 

And don't even make the mistake of feeling pity for him - don't even think for one slight minute that maybe he isn't REALLY a racist - but just an old stubborn man that got caught up into a media trap of thinking all of his thoughts were profound and ..... that he was "important".  Don't even think for one small minute of trying to say that you don't think that this MONSTER is anything but an evil, satanic racist - don't even go there!

If you even dare to even try to say that Mr. Bundy really isn't racist, but he really might even be a man that sees the modern welfare system as a system to enslave people institutionally --- IF you dare to try to say that he didn't mean that blacks should go BACK to slavery, that they would be better off.  (Who thinks that?  No one in their right mind!)  IF. YOU. DARE. to even think about trying to come to this poor creature's defense -

YOU will be thrown into the cage right there with him - AND your words will be pinned to your chest like a scarlet A.... YES!  That is what will happen to you too!  And your INQUISITORS will be your own people - those that are "smart" enough to fear being painted with the same brush!  "Smart" enough to distance themselves as far away as possible because the left is WATCHING and they are LISTENING to all of us....Big Brother is watching and will report any further possible instances of RACISM - and will make as big a deal as possible about it to distract from any real issues that might be occuring.

The taint of racism........it's quite an effective tool - STILL.  Isn't it?

And if that doesn't work we will have the IRS make an allegation against him!

Even if he eventually proves it to be false he will still be broke when it's over!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #318 on: April 27, 2014, 12:18:26 am »
and thats why conservatives should never talk to the MSM.

I have not watched network news or bought a newspaper in 35 some years

I can get better and more accurate information by the Internet and books

conservatives and sensible folks need to cut off  the media completely
I said at the beginning of this,that the racism claims were BS. If people are stupid to believe anything the media says about any subject after rathergate and all the years of lying and being the propaganda arm of the democratic party.  They are just frankly idiots anyway

:amen:  :amen: and :amen:!

They understand no circulation and no viewership! Anything else they ignore!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

SPQR

« Reply #319 on: April 29, 2014, 05:03:06 am »
:amen:  :amen: and :amen:!

They understand no circulation and no viewership! Anything else they ignore!

I simple "No Comment" or Refer to my attorney for a statement" would suffice

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #320 on: April 29, 2014, 10:20:46 am »
aren't we tired of this thread yet?

I've been to the hospital, had a hip replaced, come back home, and it's still going on!   :laugh:

OK, a couple of my comments were from the hospital.

« Reply #321 on: April 29, 2014, 10:49:44 am »
I've been to the hospital, had a hip replaced, come back home, and it's still going on!   :laugh:

It the "beating a dead horse" thing available?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #322 on: April 29, 2014, 01:39:48 pm »

And here I thought we were beating a dead horse.  It turns out the horse was alive the whole time.  It was just getting its hip replaced.   :thud:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #323 on: April 29, 2014, 01:43:20 pm »
And here I thought we were beating a dead horse.  It turns out the horse was alive the whole time.  It was just getting its hip replaced.   :thud:

Considering the subject, maybe we need a "beating a dead zebra" smiley.

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #324 on: April 29, 2014, 03:09:44 pm »
Beating the dead horse?  They shoot horses don't they?

OK, that's more of the BLM so I won't go there.  :smokin: