Author Topic: Bundy stands by his 'better off' as slaves comments  (Read 18941 times)

Offline olde north church

Re: Bundy stands by his 'better off' as slaves comments
« Reply #275 on: April 26, 2014, 02:32:22 pm »
Can I use that one?

Yeah but send me a nickel!   :beer:
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #276 on: April 26, 2014, 02:50:35 pm »
"Cliven Bundy said he would continue holding a daily news conference."

I have been trying to be reserved in my comments about the Bundy story knowing that many of you see this as a clear case of justifiable defiance and would be down there on horseback gun in hand if you could. While others after first supporting his stance now see him as turning into a media whore and wish this story would go away  before we get hot and heavy into the election season, knowing how the Left will use misspoken words out of Bundy's mouth against us. 
I fall on the side that this needs to deescalate and fast. Not give up mind you, he can take his case to court and be tried by a jury of his peers, like it should have been handled. A land-use dispute story that never should have made the news outside of his county - like hundreds of others happening across the country at any given time. And this de-escalation should begin by him ending these daily news conferences, and telling the media to just go away I have nothing more to say.

Of course, Mr. Bundy should give up the daily news conferences - but the media will keep encouraging it - because now they have him in a cage...on public display....someone they can prod with a stick and make a spectacle of when he reacts.  They caught themselves a genuine white cracka racist!  And they're going to keep him on display as long as he serves their purpose - to show the world that anyone that dares to try to fight the gubmint (long guffaws and loud belly laughter) is an ignorant redneck bigoted racist - see!  We got one right here - this is what they sound like!  We caught us an honest-to-God REAL in the flesh BigFoot ....er, .....no .....um .....PATRIOT!  Yeah - that's what they call themselves, but as anyone can plainly see - they're really just RACISTS.  Oooooooooh, horrified whispers .........disgusted looks ...........must distance yourselves from this monster is you don't want his feces flung on your own faces.

No, the media is going to keep him in the spotlight as long as they can - he is so useful to them.  He is an example of what will happen to any ordinary citizen that dares to defy the almighty Federal Government.  It will be awhile before any brave/stupid soul will make that mistake again.  Look at the monster!  Look at him before we kill him with a thousand paper cuts - LOOK at him while you still can and think very carefully before you attempt to stick YOUR neck out. 

And don't even make the mistake of feeling pity for him - don't even think for one slight minute that maybe he isn't REALLY a racist - but just an old stubborn man that got caught up into a media trap of thinking all of his thoughts were profound and ..... that he was "important".  Don't even think for one small minute of trying to say that you don't think that this MONSTER is anything but an evil, satanic racist - don't even go there!

If you even dare to even try to say that Mr. Bundy really isn't racist, but he really might even be a man that sees the modern welfare system as a system to enslave people institutionally --- IF you dare to try to say that he didn't mean that blacks should go BACK to slavery, that they would be better off.  (Who thinks that?  No one in their right mind!)  IF. YOU. DARE. to even think about trying to come to this poor creature's defense -

YOU will be thrown into the cage right there with him - AND your words will be pinned to your chest like a scarlet A.... YES!  That is what will happen to you too!  And your INQUISITORS will be your own people - those that are "smart" enough to fear being painted with the same brush!  "Smart" enough to distance themselves as far away as possible because the left is WATCHING and they are LISTENING to all of us....Big Brother is watching and will report any further possible instances of RACISM - and will make as big a deal as possible about it to distract from any real issues that might be occuring.

The taint of racism........it's quite an effective tool - STILL.  Isn't it?

« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:03:10 pm by mystery-ak »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline happyg

« Reply #277 on: April 26, 2014, 02:56:36 pm »
 :amen: :amen: :amen: Wow, alice! You spoke for me, too. Great post!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #278 on: April 26, 2014, 03:01:08 pm »
Of course, Mr. Bundy should give up the daily news conferences - but the media will keep encouraging it - because now they have him in a cage...on public display....someone they can prod with a stick and make a spectacle of when he reacts.  They caught themselves a genuine white cracka racist!  And they're going to keep him on display as long as he serves their purpose - to show the world that anyone that dares to try to fight the gubmint (long guffaws and loud belly laughter) is an ignorant redneck bigoted racist - see!  We got one right here - this is what they sound like!  We caught us an honest-to-God REAL in the flesh BigFoot ....er, .....no .....um .....PATRIOT!  Yeah - that's what they call themselves, but as anyone can plainly see - they're really just RACISTS.  Oooooooooh, horrified whispers .........disgusted looks ...........must distance yourselves from this monster is you don't want his feces flung on your own faces.

No, the media is going to keep him in the spotlight as long as they can - he is so useful to them.  He is an example of what will happen to any ordinary citizen that dares to defy the almighty Federal Government.  It will be awhile before any brave/stupid soul will make that mistake again.  Look at the monster!  Look at him before we kill him with a thousand paper cuts - LOOK at him while you still can and think very carefully before you attempt to stick YOUR neck out. 

And don't even make the mistake of feeling pity for him - don't even think for one slight minute that maybe he isn't REALLY a racist - but just an old stubborn man that got caught up into a media trap of thinking all of his thoughts were profound and ..... that he was "important".  Don't even think for one small minute of trying to say that you don't think that this MONSTER is anything but an evil, satanic racist - don't even go there!

If you even dare to even try to say that Mr. Bundy really isn't racist, but he really might even be a man that sees the modern welfare system as a system to enslave people institutionally --- IF you dare to try to say that he didn't mean that blacks should go BACK to slavery, that they would be better off.  (Who thinks that?  No one in their right mind!)  IF. YOU. DARE. to even think about trying to come to this poor creature's defense -

YOU will be thrown into the cage right there with him - AND your words will be pinned to your chest like a scarlet A.... YES!  That is what will happen to you too!  And your INQUISITORS will be your own people - those that are "smart" enough to fear being painted with the same brush!  "Smart" enough to distance themselves as far away as possible because the left is WATCHING and they are LISTENING to all of us....Big Brother is watching and will report any further possible instances of RACISM - and will make as big a deal as possible about it to distract from any real issues that might be occuring.

It won't be long before they get'em for "anti-gay remarks."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #279 on: April 26, 2014, 03:14:30 pm »
It won't be long before they get'em for "anti-gay remarks."

Oh, Lord.  You're right, I forgot about that.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #280 on: April 26, 2014, 03:25:46 pm »
The Triad Sacrament of The Left: Racism. Homophobia. Misogyny.

Go and sin no more.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #281 on: April 26, 2014, 03:30:56 pm »

and thats why conservatives should never talk to the MSM.

I have not watched network news or bought a newspaper in 35 some years

I can get better and more accurate information by the Internet and books

conservatives and sensible folks need to cut off  the media completely
I said at the beginning of this,that the racism claims were BS. If people are stupid to believe anything the media says about any subject after rathergate and all the years of lying and being the propaganda arm of the democratic party.  They are just frankly idiots anyway
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:31:49 pm by Charlespg »
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #282 on: April 26, 2014, 03:31:00 pm »
The Triad Sacrament of The Left: Racism. Homophobia. Misogyny.

Go and sin no more.

I think you could throw Christianity in there too. 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #283 on: April 26, 2014, 03:35:31 pm »
Does that mean everyone should be prepared to hire a professional in case a microphone is slapped in front of us? That is all this amounts to. Bundy is just an ordinary man. He was made famous, not by his statements alone, but by the over-zealous media destroying a man for ratings or poll numbers. Around here, I might be taken out of context. So be it.

According to everything that I've read, Bundy wasn't being interviewed by anyone. He's gotten into the habit of addressing whatever number of people are present at the Bundy ranch on a daily basis. There (obviously) are some members of the media there.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #284 on: April 26, 2014, 03:37:43 pm »
and thats why conservatives should never talk to the MSM.

I have not watched network news or bought a newspaper in 35 some years

I can get better and more accurate information by the Internet and books

conservatives and sensible folks need to cut off  the media completely
I said at the beginning of this,that the racism claims were BS. If people are stupid to believe anything the media says about any subject after rathergate and all the years of lying and being the propaganda arm of the democratic party.  They are just frankly idiots anyway

Agree!   :amen:

We gave up television over a year ago for that reason - tired of paying for the garbage to come into my house.  (You're supposed to take trash out, aren't you?)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #285 on: April 26, 2014, 03:38:03 pm »

Simple question. I don't need you to explain what Bundy meant, or the larger context of his remarks.

Do you think that blacks would be better off as slaves than living under their current conditions?

A simple "yes" or "no" will do.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #286 on: April 26, 2014, 03:40:55 pm »
According to everything that I've read, Bundy wasn't being interviewed by anyone. He's gotten into the habit of addressing whatever number of people are present at the Bundy ranch on a daily basis. There (obviously) are some members of the media there.

You are obsessed with Bundy.  It is just my opinion - but I think you've got an mental dysfunction lasting more than four hours - you should seek professional help. 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #287 on: April 26, 2014, 03:41:31 pm »
I've learned that it's hard to type when you're drunk!

Not directed at anyone in particular but a simple statement of fact!

This site is not iPhone friendly.

You've read way too many of my posts to believe that I ever would post either drunk, or not cohesively.

Offline happyg

« Reply #288 on: April 26, 2014, 03:42:41 pm »

It was stated in dozens of reports that only ONE reporter and one photographer was there at that time. Obviously, you are wrong.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #289 on: April 26, 2014, 03:43:12 pm »
You are obsessed with Bundy.  It is just my opinion - but I think you've got an mental dysfunction lasting more than four hours - you should seek professional help.

I'm obsessed with Bundy?

What about everyone else commenting on every Bundy thread on this and every other site on the Internet, you included?

Doesn't make all of you as obsessed with Bundy?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #290 on: April 26, 2014, 03:44:57 pm »
It was stated in dozens of reports that only ONE reporter and one photographer was there at that time. Obviously, you are wrong.

So he wasn't having a microphone showed in his face, he was stumping for the crowd.

In other words, it isn't some sort of evil, leftist media plot.

Bundy made moronic statements all on his own and the media happened to be there to record them.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #291 on: April 26, 2014, 03:45:47 pm »

:hands:

Thank You so much, Alice!!  Excellent Post, should be post of the Month!!  So refreshing to read something "real" from someone that gets it, after having to wade through all of the overwrought legalistic tripe that's been clogging these threads lately!!  Brava!!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #292 on: April 26, 2014, 03:51:26 pm »
Gonna move this to the Members only Category....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #293 on: April 26, 2014, 03:53:22 pm »
Gonna move this to the Members only Category....

Do you think what alicewonders is doing is right and beneficial to the forum?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #294 on: April 26, 2014, 04:01:45 pm »
alice and Luis...if you are looking for your posts I removed them....please get the thread back on track...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #295 on: April 26, 2014, 04:03:02 pm »
alicewonders wrote above:
[[ The taint of racism........it's quite an effective tool - STILL.  Isn't it? ]]

It will remain a tool only so long as whites allow others to USE IT "as a tool".

The key word here is "allow". Yes, the cry of "racis'!" is used against whites because whites LET it be used against them, and even encourage the same.

The moment a "person of color" hurls the "racist" word at a white, the following usually happens:
- The white responds to the tune of (and yes, it's like he/she were a dancing marionette), "no, I'm NOT a racist"....
- And from that moment, the other side has won.

They have won because from that point on, they have succeeded in changing the conversation. Whatever was being discussed or argued before no longer matters. All that matters NOW is that the white is a "racist", and he must respond to that.

Like George Bush dodging the shoe flying at him, the immediate reflex of someone with an harmful object tossed at him is to duck. Hence, when a verbal javelin is thrown, the white (without thinking things through) tries to dodge from it with the response, "I'm not a racist".

But the only deflection that occurs is the original course of the conversation. The white can no longer present his argument, but -- now having [had his "racism"] become the center of the argument itself, must defend himself, and not the issue.

Usually, the quickest, easiest (but not the best) defense is to respond to wit: "that's not what I meant" -- and then either try to withdraw from the argument or simply shut up altogether.

And by doing this, the other side has won, hands down.

So long as this goes on, the "racial conversation" in America will remain one-sided and it can never change.

As Eric Holder himself said, we have become "a nation of cowards" insofar as race is concerned.

Is it not yet time to stop being cowards, to speak freely?
Is it not time for the "dialogue" (which implies input from both sides) to actually BEGIN?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #296 on: April 26, 2014, 04:12:40 pm »
Thank you, Sir, for a well argued point.  :beer:

There are racists out there (of all colors). They should be called on it, though they'll almost never change. Personally, I can't abide any form of discrimination and won't tolerate it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline evadR

« Reply #297 on: April 26, 2014, 04:25:48 pm »
I think, with a few exceptions, the topic of this thread has been an excellent one. Not the racism part, that topic has been reduced to a joke. And not because of the legal aspects, I'll leave that to others to sort out.
It is because it brings to light an extremely important topic that no one will address and that topic is this abusive, oversized, intrusive, out of control, often illegal federal government that threatens our very existence.

I wish more Americans would step up and make the challenge.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #298 on: April 26, 2014, 04:43:42 pm »
alicewonders wrote above:
[[ The taint of racism........it's quite an effective tool - STILL.  Isn't it? ]]

It will remain a tool only so long as whites allow others to USE IT "as a tool".

The key word here is "allow". Yes, the cry of "racis'!" is used against whites because whites LET it be used against them, and even encourage the same.

The moment a "person of color" hurls the "racist" word at a white, the following usually happens:
- The white responds to the tune of (and yes, it's like he/she were a dancing marionette), "no, I'm NOT a racist"....
- And from that moment, the other side has won.

They have won because from that point on, they have succeeded in changing the conversation. Whatever was being discussed or argued before no longer matters. All that matters NOW is that the white is a "racist", and he must respond to that.

Like George Bush dodging the shoe flying at him, the immediate reflex of someone with an harmful object tossed at him is to duck. Hence, when a verbal javelin is thrown, the white (without thinking things through) tries to dodge from it with the response, "I'm not a racist".

But the only deflection that occurs is the original course of the conversation. The white can no longer present his argument, but -- now having [had his "racism"] become the center of the argument itself, must defend himself, and not the issue.

Usually, the quickest, easiest (but not the best) defense is to respond to wit: "that's not what I meant" -- and then either try to withdraw from the argument or simply shut up altogether.

And by doing this, the other side has won, hands down.

So long as this goes on, the "racial conversation" in America will remain one-sided and it can never change.

As Eric Holder himself said, we have become "a nation of cowards" insofar as race is concerned.

Is it not yet time to stop being cowards, to speak freely?
Is it not time for the "dialogue" (which implies input from both sides) to actually BEGIN?

Good posting.

Having said (and agreed) with everything you posted, we have to consider the rest of the argument.

Cliven Bundy made a simple, misguided statement. He did it without coercion and entirely on his own.

He detailed his perception of current black American life, based on his personal experience, and wondered if blacks would be better off as slaves than in their current situation.

That is a massively ignorant statement, even to someone like me, who has been writing about liberal neoracism for quite some time.

Chris Mathews, David Gregory, and Progressive Neoracism

Having said all that, Bundy deserves to be criticized. His right to exercise his constitutionally-guaranteed freedom to speak his mind does not preempt my own rights to criticize him.

I find Bundy's statement as offensive as I do Harry Reid's "domestic terrorist" statement. They should BOTH be called out for making such offensive remarks.

We should never use the "racist" accusation as a political tool, the left certainly does, but that doesn't mean that racism doesn't exist. It does, from both blacks and whites.

Want to call Bundy's remarks ignorant and not racist?

That's fine, but what no one can do is assign some deeper, more esoteric meaning in an attempt to excuse the man's ignorance.

That doesn't make him right, it just makes us as wrong as those on the left who do the very same thing to obfuscate the massive racist behavior from their side.

There is a rather simple test to help you bring yourself to the core of this question:

Under what circumstances would you have to find yourself that would make you think that you would be better of as a literal (not allegorical or theoretical) slave?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:45:15 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #299 on: April 26, 2014, 05:02:35 pm »
Excellent piece by Mark Steyn on the Cliven Bundy "racist" imbroglio here:
http://www.steynonline.com/6293/how-now-white-cowman

Not long, worth your time.