Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines Flight Goes Missing En Route to China  (Read 72710 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Malaysia Airlines Flight Goes Missing En Route to China
« Reply #500 on: March 15, 2014, 09:12:40 am »
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4499221,00.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Malaysian police search home of missing plane's pilot

Published:    03.15.14, 10:11 / Israel News

Police began searching the home of the pilot of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight on Saturday, after the country's prime minister confirmed the plane was suspected to have been deliberately diverted, a senior police official told Reuters.

Police officers arrived at the home of the captain, 53-year-old Zaharie Ahmad Shah, on Saturday afternoon, shortly after Prime Minister Najib Razak ended his news conference. (Reuters)

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I'd suspect the co-pilot more than this veteran pilot.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #501 on: March 15, 2014, 12:05:20 pm »
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4499221,00.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Police began searching the home of the pilot of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight on Saturday, after the country's prime minister confirmed the plane was suspected to have been deliberately diverted, a senior police official told Reuters.

Police officers arrived at the home of the captain, 53-year-old Zaharie Ahmad Shah, on Saturday afternoon, shortly after Prime Minister Najib Razak ended his news conference. (Reuters)

+++++++++++++++++++++++

why?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #502 on: March 15, 2014, 12:59:33 pm »
Pretty much. They have an unloaded (fully fueled) range of 17,000 kilometers.

If it was taken, you can color the passengers dead. They would be an inconvenience.

I don't know where my head has been in this from the beginning! I should have snapped to the fact that there have been no Emergency Locator Beacons heard ANYWHERE and if there had been any sort of a catastrophic event they would have been screaming like banshees all over the place! Never even thought about them until last night when I read the stuff I copied and pasted here!

Feel like a TOTAL idiot this morning!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #503 on: March 15, 2014, 01:01:17 pm »

+++++++++++++++++++++++

ORLY?  Why is that?  What makes you think they were not both involved??  Why do you think it unreasonable to investigate the two most likely people onboard that plane who had all of the requisite skills to fly a 777, especially considering everything that has gone on to date??

geez!

:smokin: 

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #504 on: March 15, 2014, 01:57:11 pm »
People are pointing at the co-pilot because he has a limited history and just graduated to the pilot seat. But he is young. The older pilot while a little more seemingly innocuous is also under suspicion as he had a flight simulator at home

http://www.todayonline.com/world/asia/mh370-pilot-aviation-junkie-flight-simulator-set-home-0

http://www.examiner.com/article/malaysia-airline-flight-pilot-flight-simulator-home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwsml_qmaUw

http://news.in.msn.com/international/british-satellite-received-signals-from-missing-malaysian-plane
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 02:04:27 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #505 on: March 15, 2014, 01:58:46 pm »
I just can’t see it being stolen and landed in any location on the planet without it being seen by someone, or its signature showing up again on ground radar.   And if it was how do you hide something that big so long?   It just not  plausible.    I   think the answer is a lot more simple,  the initial search area was around 2000 miles off of where it actually crashed.    There is a lot of water and ground yet to search. Eventually something will be found.

The motive of a deliberate crash will be a lot harder to understand.   I would bet the flight crew is having their computers, social media, and phone records gone through for any clue, such as suicide, extortion, terrorism, etc.

Going to quote my last post. If indeed the suspicion is true and it did land, then this plot is a lot bigger and involves a lot more people than just the two on the flight deck of that A/P. People on the ground have to be involved.   Could this have been something planned originally for Sochi, but because of the tight security pushed to a later date? 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline xyno

« Reply #506 on: March 15, 2014, 02:00:57 pm »
Assuming for a moment there are continuing nefarious plans... wouldn't a cargo plane have sufficed?

Frightening possibilities if that thing is on the ground somewhere - intact.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 02:01:49 pm by xyno »

Offline xyno

« Reply #507 on: March 15, 2014, 02:10:50 pm »
Pondering this some more, and again assuming nefarious intent.  The bad guys will need to move quickly, won't they?  Every minute that passes increases the risk of discovery.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #508 on: March 15, 2014, 02:13:37 pm »
The latest via the Washington Post this morning....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/jet-was-hijacked-malaysian-official-tells-ap/2014/03/15/ec7397d6-abff-11e3-af5f-4c56b834c4bf_print.html

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said Saturday that a missing passenger jet was steered off course after its communications systems were intentionally disabled and could have potentially flown for seven additional hours.

In the most comprehensive account to date of the plane’s fate, Najib drew an ominous picture of what happened aboard Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, saying investigators had determined there was “deliberate action by someone on the plane.”

Najib said the investigation had “refocused” to look at the crew and passengers. A Malaysia Airlines representative, speaking to relatives of passengers in Beijing, said the Malaysian government had opened a criminal investigation into the plane’s disappearance.

(See: New map shows possible paths for the Malaysia Airlines flight.)

The plane’s whereabouts remain unknown one week after it disappeared from civilian radar shortly after takeoff from Kuala Lumpur. But Najib, citing newly analyzed satellite data, said the plane could have flown along two paths: one stretching from northern Thailand toward the Kazakhstan-Turkmenistan border, the other, more southern path stretching from Indonesia to the remote Indian Ocean.

Although U.S. officials previously said they believed the plane could have remained in the air for several extra hours, Najib said Saturday that the flight was still communicating with satellites until 8:11 a.m. — seven and a half hours after takeoff, and more than 90 minutes after it was due in Beijing. There was no further communication with the plane after that time, Najib said. If the plane was still in the air, it would have been nearing its fuel limit.

“Due to the type of satellite data,” Najib said, “we are unable to confirm the precise location of the plane when it last made contact with the satellite.”

The new leads about the plane’s path, though ambiguous, have drastically changed a search operation involving more than a dozen nations. Malaysia on Saturday said that efforts would be terminated in the Gulf of Thailand and the South China Sea, the spot where the plane first disappeared from civilian radar.

Malaysian authorities are now likely to look for help from other countries in Southeast and South Asia, seeking mysterious or unidentified readings that their radar systems might have picked up.

If the plane traveled along the southern path, according to a document provided by the Malaysian government, it would have spent nearly all of its flight time over the Indian Ocean as it headed to an area west of Australia. But if the plane traveled the northern path, it would present a more perplexing scenario: that it evaded detection for hours while flying through a volatile region where airspace is heavily monitored: Myanmar, Pakistan, India and Afghanistan and western China are all in the neighborhood of that path, as is the United States’ Bagram Airfield, which is in Afghanistan.

“Given the strong radar system that we have, and also that India and other countries in the region have, it’s very difficult for a plane to fly undetected for so long,” said Abid Qaimkhan, a spokesman for Pakistan’s Civil Aviation Authority. He added that Pakistan has not yet been asked by Malaysia to share its radar data, but will provide it if asked.

Malaysia has confirmed that a previously unknown blip picked up by its military radar was indeed MH370. That blip suggests the plane had cut west, across the Malaysian peninsula, after severing contact with the ground. Malaysia received help in analyzing that radar data from the United States’ National Transportation Safety Board, Federal Aviation Administration, and the British Air Accident Investigation Branch.

Malaysian investigators now believe that the Boeing-777 airliner, bound for Beijing with 227 passengers, deliberately cut a series of communications systems as it headed toward the boundary of Malaysian airspace. U.S. officials and aviation experts say the plane could have been hijacked by somebody with aviation knowledge or sabotaged by a crew member.

Investigators have not yet presented a clear scenario of what could have happened on board. Reuters reported that Malaysian police on Saturday searched the home of the plane’s captain, Zaharie Ahmad Shah, 53, who had more than three decades of commercial flight experience. A senior Malaysian police official refused to confirm the search.

Zaharie had a flight simulator at his home, something that appeared in a YouTube video posted from his unconfirmed YouTube account. Malaysia Airlines chief executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said Friday that “everyone is free to do their own hobby” and that it isn’t unusual for pilots to have home simulators.

U.S. officials have said that the plane, shortly after being diverted, reached an altitude of 45,000 feet and “jumped around a lot.” But the airplane otherwise appeared to operate normally. Significantly, the transponder and a satellite-based communication system did not stop at the same time, as they would if the plane had exploded, disintegrated or crashed into the ocean.

Najib said Saturday that the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System, or ACARS, was disabled just as MH370 reached the eastern coast of Malaysia. The transponder was then switched off, Najib said, as the aircraft neared the border between Malaysian and Vietnamese airspace.

According to the Malaysian government, a satellite that tracked the aircraft was located more than 22,000 miles above sea level. Even after the ACARS system was disconnected, the satellite still received some basic signal from the plane — what one U.S. official described as a “handshake.” Though no data was being transmitted, the satellite continued to reach out to the plane on an hourly basis and received confirmation that the plane was still flying.

“There’s no circuit breaker that would allow you to shut off the handshake,” the official said.

That satellite handshake took place on a system operated by Inmarsat, a British satellite company that provides global mobile telecommunications services.

U.S. officials declined to say how closely that handshake allowed them to track the path of the missing plane.

Najib said Saturday that the search for MH370 had entered a “new phase.” The U.S. Navy, already positioned to the west of the Malaysian peninsula, was planning to meet tonight to discuss whether and how to redeploy its assets, spokesman Cmdr. William Marks said.

Indian officials said Saturday morning that they were still awaiting new orders in response to the Malaysian prime minister’s statement that the official search focus shift from the South China Sea to the two “corridors” west of Malaysia.

“Nothing is certain. These are all probabilities,” said Captain D.K. Sharma, a spokesman for the India Navy. “Let the new orders come. Let’s see how we respond.”

India has now expanded its search from the area around the Andaman and Nicobar Islands — where five vessels and four planes have been deployed — to the north and west, by adding four additional aircraft to scour the massive Bay of Bengal — two P-8I anti-submarine and electronic intelligence planes and three other military aircraft, including a C-130J and two Dorniers. Search teams from the Indian military had spent much of the day Friday searching the jungles on remote islands of the Andaman and Nicobar archipelago, most of which are uninhabited, but so far have come up empty.

Other nations along the Bay of Bengal are now the expanding search as well. Gowher Rizvi, an adviser to Bangladesh’s prime minister Sheikh Hasina, said that country had deployed two aircraft and two frigates in the Bay of Bengal.

Harlan reported from Kuala Lumpur, and Gowen reported from New Delhi. Liu Liu contributed from Beijing. Tim Craig contributed from Pakistan, Adam Goldman and Sari Horwitz contributed from Washington and Rama Lakshmi contributed from New Delhi.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #509 on: March 15, 2014, 02:13:49 pm »
Going to quote my last post. If indeed the suspicion is true and it did land, then this plot is a lot bigger and involves a lot more people than just the two on the flight deck of that A/P. People on the ground have to be involved.   Could this have been something planned originally for Sochi, but because of the tight security pushed to a later date?

It sounds like a lot more were involved on the ground; they would have to have been. A brief look into the past...

Exclusive: Iran hijacked US drone, says Iranian engineer (Video)
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2011/1215/Exclusive-Iran-hijacked-US-drone-says-Iranian-engineer-Video/(page)/2

Report: Iran, Russia discuss adding nuclear plants - The Washington Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/report-iran-russia-discuss-adding-nuclear-plants/2014/03/12/a2bbc760-aa08-11e3-8a7b-c1c684e2671f_story.html

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #510 on: March 15, 2014, 02:15:05 pm »
I don't know where my head has been in this from the beginning! I should have snapped to the fact that there have been no Emergency Locator Beacons heard ANYWHERE and if there had been any sort of a catastrophic event they would have been screaming like banshees all over the place! Never even thought about them until last night when I read the stuff I copied and pasted here!

No need to feel that way, buddy.

I have been quiet on this matter simply due to all of the speculating that is being done. The fact is that there is a missing flight but there is nothing concrete beyond that.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #511 on: March 15, 2014, 02:15:45 pm »
The other developing tidbit in this drama is that the majority of the passengers on that plane were Chinese citizens heading home via Beijing, and the Chinese Government is getting increasingly impatient with the slow progress on this. 

And it is my understanding that it is not unusual for many airline pilots to have sophisticated PC based flight simulators.

Offline xyno

« Reply #512 on: March 15, 2014, 02:18:26 pm »

Way off topic.  Love the avatar (and the team)!

Back to missing airplanes.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #513 on: March 15, 2014, 02:18:53 pm »

That actually came up a couple of days ago when a Malaysian fishing vessel tried to recover what might have been an inflatable life raft.  Most if not all rafts have an automatic beacon attached that can be salt-water activated, and I saw mention then that there had been no beacons received at all, and since none have been reported since I assume there never have been any beacons of any kind.  No pinging from a black box in the ocean either, and I am sure someone is listening for that as well.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 02:21:08 pm by Chieftain »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #514 on: March 15, 2014, 02:28:45 pm »
Question......

How low an altitude can a 777 'safely' fly with a door or passenger door(s) open?

Think that perhaps when the plane rose to over 40,000 feet, all the passengers were purposely suffocated....then they threw them into the Indian Ocean before they landed it.

At least that's how I would adapt the script/plot in the movie
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #515 on: March 15, 2014, 02:29:42 pm »
That actually came up a couple of days ago when a Malaysian fishing vessel tried to recover what might have been an inflatable life raft.  Most if not all rafts have an automatic beacon attached that can be salt-water activated, and I saw mention then that there had been no beacons received at all, and since none have been reported since I assume there never have been any beacons of any kind.  No pinging from a black box in the ocean either, and I am sure someone is listening for that as well.

the blackbox pinging isn't always picked up - witness that Air France flight that took 2 years to find - and at any rate where they've been looking is so far away from where the plane got to (at least) that even if it was audible it's unlikely anyone would have picked it up yet.

I also believe that the emergency locator beacons do not work in water, which means that if the plane crashed into the ocean the only thing still working would be the pingers in the black boxes.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 02:40:43 pm by Oceander »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #516 on: March 15, 2014, 02:32:32 pm »

We are all total idiots then. Who can keep up? It is all nuts. This stuff is surreal. I just speculated Iran but you would think at this point that is a no brainer-speculation. It also could have been all planned and went bad somehow?  It boggles the mind at this stage but you would think if they stole a 777 to fly it into a building they would have done it by now. So let's speculate the hell out of this thing. Why would LET'S JUST SAY- Iran, ( or al-quada) want a 777? I would think Iran could get one without stealing it. (but could al-quada?) Unless the purpose is to look like a regular Malaysian flight on and off radar down the road?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 02:41:07 pm by Gazoo »

Offline xyno

« Reply #517 on: March 15, 2014, 02:36:30 pm »
This is one of those times when I'd like to be a fly on the wall when Obama's favorite assistant receives his briefing on the matter.

Offline xyno

« Reply #518 on: March 15, 2014, 02:44:27 pm »
Question......

How low an altitude can a 777 'safely' fly with a door or passenger door(s) open?

Think that perhaps when the plane rose to over 40,000 feet, all the passengers were purposely suffocated....then they threw them into the Indian Ocean before they landed it.

Seeding your flight path with bodies would be the undoing of the plot in the movie.  Harrison Ford or Denzell Washington would be on it!

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #519 on: March 15, 2014, 02:44:51 pm »
Question......

Why waste all that time? They could all sit there dead until Bruce Willis arrives to talk to the only remaining person alive, a drop dead gorgeous stewardess that's father is so smart he predicted all of this and she is living it. They will have sex in the cargo hold and then take out the ragheads because she can all of a sudden fight like Chuck Norris.

Oceander

« Reply #520 on: March 15, 2014, 02:45:02 pm »
Seeding your flight path with bodies would be the undoing of the plot in the movie.  Harrison Ford or Denzell Washington would be on it!

:silly:

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #521 on: March 15, 2014, 02:50:08 pm »
Way off topic.  Love the avatar (and the team)!

Back to missing airplanes.

Thank you!

GO!! PACK!! GO!!
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #522 on: March 15, 2014, 02:54:32 pm »
<--------------- Is wondering where Obama is?

campaigning?

golfing?

using his pen?

using his almighty blackberry?

playing Scrabble with ValJar?

playing tootsie roll pop up game candy land with Reggie?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #523 on: March 15, 2014, 02:59:07 pm »

So would a lot of ocean predators....it's a big 'pool'.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #524 on: March 15, 2014, 03:00:30 pm »
So would a lot of ocean predators....it's a big 'pool'.

:bigsilly:

awesome comeback!