Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines Flight Goes Missing En Route to China  (Read 72701 times)

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Malaysia Airlines Flight Goes Missing En Route to China
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2014, 11:17:51 pm »
Just hope that nobody on board had time to realize what happened....and that they lost consciousness immediately.

The slipstream alone at 35,000 feet can kill if you're suddenly exposed to it without any kind of protective gear.  Also, the lack of breathable oxygen at 35,000+ feet would render anyone unconscious very quickly.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2014, 11:22:37 pm »
Please no TWA 800 debate.  You do not want to see my reaction when the conspiracy theories start flying.

i watched the documentary with the people who were involved in the actual investigation... I suggest watching it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2014, 11:27:27 pm »
i watched the documentary with the people who were involved in the actual investigation... I suggest watching it.

I've seen just about everything on TWA 800.  I have seen nothing that makes me believe it was a missile.

Now, I said I will not debate TWA800, because I will get rather... animated, about it.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2014, 11:33:46 pm »
I've seen just about everything on TWA 800.  I have seen nothing that makes me believe it was a missile.

Now, I said I will not debate TWA800, because I will get rather... animated, about it.

Then watch this......... and tell me you are convinced - this is with the people who were inside the investigation, not reporters.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/silenced/
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2014, 11:37:10 pm »
What is the depth of the water in this area?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2014, 11:38:27 pm »
Heaven forbid the WH would admit terrorism even exists........

http://thehill.com/blogs/transportation-report/aviation/200278-wh-too-early-to-blame-terrorism-for-missing-plane#ixzz2vV2i8gaG

March 09, 2014, 09:25 am
WH: ‘Too early’ to blame terrorism for missing jet

By Keith Laing

White House officials said Sunday that it was “too early” to consider terrorism as a potential cause of a missing flight, despite reports of at least two of the jet’s passengers traveling on stolen passports.

White House Deputy National Security Advisor Tony Blinken said during an appearance on CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday that it premature to speculate about potential causes of the presumed jet crash.

“It’s too soon to tell what happened, why it happened,” Blinken said. “But what we’ve done is this…we’ve made available the FBI, the National Transportation Safety Board and other experts to aid in the investigation to determine what the cause was, but right now it’s just too early to tell what the cause was.”

The flight at issue is a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 that disappeared from air traffic control radars in Vietnam shortly after departing Kuala Lumpur for a flight to Beijing on Friday night. The airplane was carrying 239 passengers and crewmembers, including at least three people that State Department officials have said were American citizens.

Blinken said the White House was concerned about the reports that have emerged about the missing Malyasia Airlines’ flight, including the passport issues, but he said it was still early in the investigation.

“I’ve seen these reports about the passports and we’re looking into that, but we don’t have anything to confirm yet,” he said.

“The reports raise questions and concerns, and that’s exactly why we’re looking into them, but right now it would be premature to speculate, we just don’t have the facts yet,” the deputy national security advisor continued.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2014, 11:54:15 pm »
What is the depth of the water in this area?

Maximum depth is several hundred feet.

Last thing I will say about it.  I've seen the TWA 800 stuff and it has not changed my opinion.  Anyone can make a video and cherry pick the facts they want to make a case for their position.  The question no one has ever answered is with any amount of proof, "where did the missile come from?"  A Stinger/SA-7 likely could not have hit the aircraft, and even if it did, all it would have done is blown off an engine because such SAMs are IR.  It would home in to the hottest part of the aircraft, the engines. To fire large missile capable of blowing a 747 apart requires a good sized radar system to lock it onto the target and then fire it.  The lack of that, and of a radar track of an unknown, high speed object, is always ignored, discounted, or otherwise explained away with some grandiose conspiracy or double talk.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:55:03 pm by Atomic Cow »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2014, 11:55:27 pm »
Heaven forbid the WH would admit terrorism even exists........
Sure it does. You know how those Duck Dynasty fans can be.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2014, 11:56:09 pm »
Notice they didn't say MH370 was "not terrorism" which is standard when it is clearly something else.

Either they don't have a clue, or there is more information that has not been released.

Obama will not be happy if his Muslim brothers blew up an airliner.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2014, 12:06:02 am »

Last thing I will say about it.  I've seen the TWA 800 stuff and it has not changed my opinion.  Anyone can make a video and cherry pick the facts they want to make a case for their position.  The question no one has ever answered is with any amount of proof, "where did the missile come from?"  A Stinger/SA-7 likely could not have hit the aircraft, and even if it did, all it would have done is blown off an engine because such SAMs are IR.  It would home in to the hottest part of the aircraft, the engines. To fire large missile capable of blowing a 747 apart requires a good sized radar system to lock it onto the target and then fire it.  The lack of that, and of a radar track of an unknown, high speed object, is always ignored, discounted, or otherwise explained away with some grandiose conspiracy or double talk.

Watch the video.  The men in this video worked for the NTSB and were in the room examining the wreckage and were kicked out by people sent over by the WH and returned to find wreckage had been moved and re-labeled to fit the WH scenario.  Like I said. Watch the documentary - these were not World Nut Daily people who participated.   These are some of the people who retired because of the investigation.    Remember, Sandy Burger was involved in this.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2014, 12:07:07 am »
If it is only a couple of hundred feet deep it should be easy to find major pieces (like the engines) once they locate the site... of course there may be a lot of silt to deal with.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2014, 12:57:07 am »

http://www.headnine.com/world/2014/03/09/stolen-passports-raise-security-concerns_s_83392319.html#.Ux0NlIWAAWc

Interpol: Passports on flights must be checked
3 hours ago·
Follow

Interpol knew about stolen passports that two passengers used to board an ill-fated Malaysia Airlines flight bound for China, but no country checked the police agency's vast database on stolen documents beforehand, it said Sunday.

But there's a good chance that no one's checking whether you're using someone's lost or stolen passport.

It's not known whether stolen passports had anything to do with Saturday's disappearance of the Boeing 777 bound from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing with 239 people on board.

and the case points to a little-known threat to security and Interpol hopes national authorities will "learn from the tragedy."

More than 1 billion times last year, travelers boarded planes without their passports being checked against Interpol's database of 40 million stolen or lost travel documents, the Lyon-based police body said.

Interpol Secretary General Ronald K. Noble said in a statement Sunday that it has long asked why countries would "wait for a tragedy to put prudent security measures in place at borders and boarding gates."

Interpol has made warning about the issue for years, and just last month it bemoaned that "only a handful of countries" regularly use its stolen or lost travel documents database of records from 167 countries.

For example, the database was searched more than 800 million times last year — but one in eight searches was conducted by United Arab Emirates alone.

Interpol also said it and national investigators were examining other suspicious passports and working to determine the true identities of those who used the stolen passports to board the Malaysia Airlines flight.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2014, 01:33:45 am »
Just reported the latest oil slick found is NOT from the aircraft.    There is not mistaking ships crude oil or diesel for the much lighter JP4 or JP5 which is similar to kerosene. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2014, 01:43:23 am »
With no debris field which with an explosion at 35,000 feet would be spread over a wide area, I'm leaning on a take-over of the control of the airplane and it was nosed-dived or what pilots they call augured in to the sea. 

The First Officer did have an Islamic name, and should we so easily forget the Cairo-bound EgyptAir flight, which took off from New York in 1999, crashed into the Atlantic south of Massachusetts, killing all 217 passengers and crew.  The US National Transportation Safety Board ruled that the crash was caused by co-pilot Gamil el-Batouty. According to reports, he had deliberately crashed the plane.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2014, 01:46:09 am »
With no debris field which with an explosion at 35,000 feet would be spread over a wide area, I'm leaning on a take-over of the control of the airplane and it was nosed-dived or what pilots they call augured in to the sea. 

The First Officer did have an Islamic name, and should we so easily forget the Cairo-bound EgyptAir flight, which took off from New York in 1999, crashed into the Atlantic south of Massachusetts, killing all 217 passengers and crew.  The US National Transportation Safety Board ruled that the crash was caused by co-pilot Gamil el-Batouty. According to reports, he had deliberately crashed the plane.

would that leave no debris???
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:46:45 am by Rapunzel »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2014, 01:47:36 am »
Navy, someone on Fox last night said Boeing is monitoring all these flights along with air traffic control?? is that correct info?

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2014, 02:04:11 am »
would that leave no debris???

There would be debris no matter what.

If it broke up at 35,000 feet, it would spread debris all over the place, making it harder to find.

If it was flown off course and then crashed, they would be looking in the wrong place which is why they wouldn't find anything.

Oceander

« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2014, 03:21:19 am »
At this point, only three things make sense.

Bomb
Hijacking
Massive structural failure not due to one of the above

If it were highjacking, tho', wouldn't the plane have stayed on radar rather than simply disappearing after a 650 foot drop?

Oceander

« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2014, 03:24:36 am »

very good points.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2014, 03:28:14 am »
If it were highjacking, tho', wouldn't the plane have stayed on radar rather than simply disappearing after a 650 foot drop?

Shouldn't have, unless it was thrown into such a violent maneuver that it caused it to break up.  However, since the 777 is fly-by-wire, it is very difficult to engage in a maneuver that would overstress the aircraft.  The computer system is designed to block such behavior.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2014, 03:29:09 am »

Not if it were inter-dimensional.    :laugh:

I vote the cause as being "rapid disassembling of the aircraft's shell and housing.due to one or more explosions originating from the cabin".

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2014, 03:38:38 am »
Shouldn't have, unless it was thrown into such a violent maneuver that it caused it to break up.  However, since the 777 is fly-by-wire, it is very difficult to engage in a maneuver that would overstress the aircraft.  The computer system is designed to block such behavior.

Suppose an aircraft like this were pointed straight down and the throttles pushed to the limit, would the aircraft "disappear" from radar due to the suddenness of the change in direction and the immense speed it would build up in a fairly short time?  Or would radar be able to follow it all the way down until it disappeared behind the horizon?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:39:04 am by Oceander »

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2014, 03:44:53 am »
Suppose an aircraft like this were pointed straight down and the throttles pushed to the limit, would the aircraft "disappear" from radar due to the suddenness of the change in direction and the immense speed it would build up in a fairly short time?  Or would radar be able to follow it all the way down until it disappeared behind the horizon?

No, the radar should still see it.  Even if the transponder was turned off the aircraft would still be visible to radar.  If the transponder was not switched off, the plane would continue to broadcast it's location until the transponder ceased to function.

All commercial aircraft have a very large radar cross section.  They're mean to be seen on radar, both for ATC, and to help other aircraft avoid running into them.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:45:36 am by Atomic Cow »

Oceander

« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2014, 03:50:15 am »
No, the radar should still see it.  Even if the transponder was turned off the aircraft would still be visible to radar.  If the transponder was not switched off, the plane would continue to broadcast it's location until the transponder ceased to function.

All commercial aircraft have a very large radar cross section.  They're mean to be seen on radar, both for ATC, and to help other aircraft avoid running into them.

Do the black boxes have their own transponders, and if so, how strong a signal do they emit?