Author Topic: Academy Awards  (Read 15041 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Academy Awards
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2014, 04:51:55 am »
Yes!~!!  Matthew McConnehey wins best actor.

Good man, the first thing he does is thanks God!!!!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:52:56 am by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2014, 04:53:45 am »
Yes!~!!  Matthew McConnehey wins best actor.

Good man, the first thing he does is thanks God!!!!

I like him a lot! I love his speech!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2014, 04:55:36 am »
I like him a lot! I love his speech!

Me, too.  Made me tear up... 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2014, 04:58:44 am »
12 Years a Slave Best Picture......... 

Offline happyg

« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2014, 04:59:54 am »
And, there is one more Oscar to pass out, but it will be done after the show.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2014, 05:03:16 am »
I watched from beginning to end, this is the first time since way back before Bush was elected I can remember an Academy Awards show that did not breathe one single political statement -- none, nada, zip...... and I like it!  The movies are about entertainment, not Democrat/Republican........

.......... but it also tells you even Hollywood is embarrassed to be associated with the man in the WH..

Offline happyg

« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2014, 05:06:04 am »
Remember when Mooch gave the Oscar to the best movie? Those days are over. LOL!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2014, 05:08:25 am »
Remember when Mooch gave the Oscar to the best movie? Those days are over. LOL!

Yup..........  even Hollywood is starting to see what a disaster this has been..

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2014, 05:17:09 am »

McConaughey wins. #AustinOscars

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2014, 05:17:15 am »
The choice for best picture was a political choice.  It really should have been Gravity based on the comprehensiveness of that picture, from all the technical achievements to the great story and acting.  Twelve Years a Slave is one of the films I have not seen yet.  I'm pretty sure I've seen it many times before.

Hollywood loves to rub America's nose in its "original sin."  Let's face it.  White guilt sells.  It's why OPapaDoc is prez.

Offline happyg

« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2014, 05:20:37 am »
I don't go to movies, so never saw any of them. However, I will watch Dallas Buyer's Club. I saw enough trailers that makes me want to see it.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2014, 05:22:15 am »
I watched from beginning to end, this is the first time since way back before Bush was elected I can remember an Academy Awards show that did not breathe one single political statement -- none, nada, zip...... and I like it!  The movies are about entertainment, not Democrat/Republican........

.......... but it also tells you even Hollywood is embarrassed to be associated with the man in the WH..

The long haired guy first one out- sent thoughts to Venezuela and Ukraine. He then also thanked God as did MM. Liza looked like she was high on pills and Jesus juice lol and used Michael Jackson cream and his plastic surgeon. No one made any real political comments. Jennifer Lawrence DID TRIP AGAIN getting out of the limo on the red carpet but she laughed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrVpEItMSfE

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2014, 05:23:12 am »
I don't go to movies, so never saw any of them. However, I will watch Dallas Buyer's Club. I saw enough trailers that makes me want to see it.

It's quite a downer.  The acting was very good, though.  Of the ones I saw, I liked Gravity and Her the best.  I haven't seen Wolf of Wall Street, Nebraska or Philamena yet.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #113 on: March 03, 2014, 05:24:02 am »

Gravity is good.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2014, 05:25:26 am »
It's quite a downer.  The acting was very good, though.  Of the ones I saw, I liked Gravity and Her the best.  I haven't seen Wolf of Wall Street, Nebraska or Philamena yet.

Same here with ones not seen. Add 12 days as a slave on the did not see list. I want to see Her.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2014, 05:26:07 am »

It's on PPV - I'm going to go to bed now and watch it....

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2014, 05:27:07 am »
The choice for best picture was a political choice.  It really should have been Gravity based on the comprehensiveness of that picture, from all the technical achievements to the great story and acting.  Twelve Years a Slave is one of the films I have not seen yet.  I'm pretty sure I've seen it many times before.

Hollywood loves to rub America's nose in its "original sin."  Let's face it.  White guilt sells.  It's why OPapaDoc is prez.

Agreed. They will not nominate "Son Of God."

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2014, 05:29:53 am »
If I had a vote it would have gone to Nebraska...a fantastic movie with outstanding performances.  As someone who's experienced dementia in relatives, I can say Bruce Dern's performance was incredible.  Fantastic under-the-radar movie.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline happyg

« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2014, 05:33:07 am »
If I had a vote it would have gone to Nebraska...a fantastic movie with outstanding performances.  As someone who's experienced dementia in relatives, I can say Bruce Dern's performance was incredible.  Fantastic under-the-radar movie.

I was told the same, too. Bruce Dern is one heck of an actor. I always liked him.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2014, 05:34:24 am »

They never go overtly political when their people are in power...they save the "bitching" for when they're mad at the country for putting the Neanderthals in power.  And they certainly were political in their choices for winners tonight even if they didn't openly preach their religion.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2014, 05:37:02 am »

I want to see all of them

http://oscar.go.com/nominees

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2014, 05:42:07 am »
Angelina Jolie got a humanitarian award. I think she has gone to the right of Obama or possibly is not progressive. I wish her father would run for office or even President.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2EnegCmmA

Offline happyg

« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2014, 05:52:58 am »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2014, 06:27:34 am »
Angelina Jolie got a humanitarian award. I think she has gone to the right of Obama or possibly is not progressive. I wish her father would run for office or even President.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2EnegCmmA

Yep, she's very quiet about her politics.. much more so than Pitt and his family is conservative Ohioans.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2014, 12:41:03 pm »

They did their politics a few weeks ago when the academy nominated and then rescinded the nomination of the theme song for a movie that respectfully depicted Christians.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org