Author Topic: World View: Syria Talks Collapse, Putting U.S. Military Action Back on Table  (Read 543 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/02/15/16-Feb-14-World-View-Syria-talks-collapse-putting-U-S-military-action-back-on-table

y John J. Xenakis 16 Feb 2014, 12:54 AM PDT
This morning's key headlines from GenerationalDynamics.com

Mediator Brahimi blames collapse of Syria talks on al-Assad regime
    Collapse of Syria talks puts U.S. military action back on the table
    Indonesia on the alert for jihadists returning from Syria

Mediator Brahimi blames collapse of Syria talks on al-Assad regime

It's not a surprise to anyone, but the Syria "Geneva II peace talks" officially collapsed on Saturday, with no date set for future "peace talks."

United Nations envoy Lakhdar Brahimi uncharacteristically assigned blame for the collapse, apparently to the Syrian regime of Bashar al-Assad. He seemed close to tears as he announced:

"I'm very very sorry and I apologize to the Syrian people -- that their hopes which were very very high, that something will happen here -- I think that the little that has been achieved in Homs gave them even more hope. ... I apologize to them that these two rounds have not helped them very much. ...

Unfortunately, the government have refused, which raises the suspicion of the opposition that in fact the government doesn't want to discuss peace at all. ...

My message to those who are concerned in the crisis in Syria to think of the Syrian people and their huge suffering which was imposed on them."

continued at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34