General Category > Science, Technology and Knowledge

Laptop Issue

<< < (2/8) > >>

Oceander:
It could be a number of things, none of them very pleasant, including the imminent failure of the motherboard, the imminent failure of the graphics chip or, possibly, a developing short in the cable that connects the screen to the motherboard.

I did a quick google and the Dell latitude D630 has reported screen problems.  Do you know if the GPU (the graphics processor) is integrated or if it runs an nVidia graphics card?  If you right-click on the desktop a context menu should come up with the option to adjust the graphics properties; if the system has integrated graphics it'll say something about Intel graphics; if it has an nVidia graphics card it'll say something about adjusting the nVidia graphics properties.

flowers:

--- Quote from: Oceander on December 20, 2013, 11:17:23 pm ---It could be a number of things, none of them very pleasant, including the imminent failure of the motherboard, the imminent failure of the graphics chip or, possibly, a developing short in the cable that connects the screen to the motherboard.

I did a quick google and the Dell latitude D630 has reported screen problems.  Do you know if the GPU (the graphics processor) is integrated or if it runs an nVidia graphics card?  If you right-click on the desktop a context menu should come up with the option to adjust the graphics properties; if the system has integrated graphics it'll say something about Intel graphics; if it has an nVidia graphics card it'll say something about adjusting the nVidia graphics properties.

--- End quote ---

how do I find that? Control panel?

flowers:
the info I see it is a intel core  DUO cpu.

Chieftain:
Sunspots.

:beer:

flowers:
[]
--- Quote from: Chieftain on December 20, 2013, 11:41:17 pm ---Sunspots.

:beer:

--- End quote ---
Or the tin foil I wear each day   :beer:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version