General Category > Science, Technology and Knowledge

Laptop Issue

<< < (3/8) > >>

Oceander:

--- Quote from: flowers on December 20, 2013, 11:26:13 pm ---how do I find that? Control panel?

--- End quote ---

Just close (or minimize) all of your open windows so you see the desktop.  Then put the pointer in the middle of the screen and push the right mouse button.  If you have an nVidia graphics card, the menu that pops up should have an item that says something like "nVidia control panel."  If you don't, it'll say something else, like perhaps "graphics properties" or "graphics control panel."  If you're still not sure, right-click and pull up the context menu, then take a screenshot and post it, or else write down all of the items on that menu and post them here.

flowers:

--- Quote from: Oceander on December 20, 2013, 11:43:27 pm ---Just close (or minimize) all of your open windows so you see the desktop.  Then put the pointer in the middle of the screen and push the right mouse button.  If you have an nVidia graphics card, the menu that pops up should have an item that says something like "nVidia control panel."  If you don't, it'll say something else, like perhaps "graphics properties" or "graphics control panel."  If you're still not sure, right-click and pull up the context menu, then take a screenshot and post it, or else write down all of the items on that menu and post them here.

--- End quote ---
I am in safe mode. all I get is screen resolution. should I be out of safe mode?

EC:

--- Quote from: flowers on December 20, 2013, 11:49:54 pm ---I am in safe mode. all I get is screen resolution. should I be out of safe mode?

--- End quote ---

If you have "My computer" on your desk top, right click on it and select properties, then "Device Manager."

You can get to that through the control panel as well.

You want to hit "Display Adapters."

flowers:
Moble intel (R) 965 express chipset family

EC:
So it's a motherboard mounted video card.

Make sure everything is backed up - including your bookmarks folder and any emails you want to keep if you use a local email client.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version