Author Topic: LIVE UPDATES: Early Turnout for Virginia Governor's Election: 'A Trickle'  (Read 14256 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Re: LIVE UPDATES: Early Turnout for Virginia Governor's Election: 'A Trickle'
« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2013, 03:35:10 am »
Steve Deace ‏@SteveDeaceShow 1h

Obama's people helps Sarvis. Republicans help McAuliffe. And Cuccinelli only loses by 2. This is what treachery looks like.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2013, 03:35:29 am »
I wish there was a viable conservative third party so we could tell the GOP to go to hell. Something has to give because we can't go on like this.

The only course of action is to fight like h-ell to get control of the GOP back.  A third party is nothing more than suicide; always has been, always will be, and particularly so right now.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2013, 03:53:43 am »
 ‏@KRenner2 1m

Prediction: McAuliffe soon to join Blagojevich.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2013, 03:54:58 am »
@TheFix 3m

Cuccinelli won voters who said economy was their main issue. He also won those who said healthcare was main issue.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #179 on: November 06, 2013, 03:55:50 am »
@FigDrewton 6m

Virginia is D+5, McAuliffe is winning by 1.7

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2013, 03:56:40 am »
I think the blowback on the GOPe is not going to be pretty... they will try to ride the Christie train, but the fact is they abandoned Cooch and he barely lost.... that will not be forgotten.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2013, 03:58:14 am »
 ‏@kesgardner 8m

Just WATCHING Terry McAuliffe on my TV, much less hearing his voice, makes me want to take a shower. The guy literally OOZES sleaze.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2013, 04:00:06 am »
The only course of action is to fight like h-ell to get control of the GOP back.  A third party is nothing more than suicide; always has been, always will be, and particularly so right now.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2013, 04:05:29 am »

VA exit poll: Cuccinelli lost 18-29 year olds by just five points. Lost 30-44 year olds by 19.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2013, 04:05:36 am »
‏@kesgardner 8m

Just WATCHING Terry McAuliffe on my TV, much less hearing his voice, makes me want to take a shower. The guy literally OOZES sleaze.

This is the guy who, back when he was working for Bill Clinton, left his wife in labor in a car so he could go in to a political party with a bunch of floozies and Clintons.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2013, 04:09:29 am »
VA exit poll: Cuccinelli lost 18-29 year olds by just five points. Lost 30-44 year olds by 19.

And I would bet all of that is due to women.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2013, 04:13:38 am »
Mike O'Brien ‏@mpoindc 5m

It looks like Mayor Mike Bell, an indie who was in Ted Strickland's admin and sided with Kasich on collective bargaining, is toast in Toledo

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2013, 04:14:01 am »
John Nolte ‏@NolteNC 5m

Looks like Cuccinelli coulda won had the GOPVEstablishment not bought the media con about the shutdown, tea party, and talk of blow out.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #188 on: November 06, 2013, 04:14:14 am »
Well in positive local Beach news, the Mayors of Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach both won reelection by large margins!  :beer: :beer:   :silly:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2013, 04:17:46 am »
 28 Oct

46 million, get #Medicare.
47 million, get #food_stamps.
50 million, get #Social_Security.
82 million, get #Medicaid

Offline happyg

« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2013, 04:40:23 am »
Ken Cuccinelli 2013 ‏@Cuccinelli4Gov  56s 
Don't unfollow this account. I will still be fighting for conservative values in liberal territory (northern VA). Young

He sounds like a really good guy.

Offline evadR

November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #192 on: November 06, 2013, 04:59:28 am »
Splitting the vote assures dim win.....again
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/05/revealed-obama-campaign-bundler-helping-fund-libertarian-in-tight-va-gubernatorial-race/

This is the same trick McCain used to win his race in 2010 here in AZ......  sadly it isn't just the Democrats using this play...

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #193 on: November 06, 2013, 05:00:25 am »
Ken Cuccinelli 2013 ‏@Cuccinelli4Gov  56s 
Don't unfollow this account. I will still be fighting for conservative values in liberal territory (northern VA). Young

He sounds like a really good guy.

He is, which is why I was rooting so hard for him...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #194 on: November 06, 2013, 08:39:10 am »
@TheFix 3m

Cuccinelli won voters who said economy was their main issue. He also won those who said healthcare was main issue.

And he STILL lost!! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2013, 08:41:19 am »
And he STILL lost!!

Because Northern VA is Obamaland and because the GOP basically gave Cooch no help.....  they wanted Christie to win big and a conservative to lose.  They poured money into Christies shoe-in campaign BTW.. and Christie REFUSED to campaign for Cooch... Also the third party guy was bankrolled by Obama and the proof didn't come out until today.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2013, 08:45:32 am »
Seems one of the priorities at the moment should be this "War on Women" crap. That hurt him, though not as much as expected by the polls and the media.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2013, 08:51:11 am »
Seems one of the priorities at the moment should be this "War on Women" crap. That hurt him, though not as much as expected by the polls and the media.

70% to 22% among young women voters!   You're damned right it's a priority.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2013, 08:55:39 am »
70% to 22% among young women voters!   You're damned right it's a priority.

He carried married women.  I suppose the two of you want us to just say what the hell have abortion on demand and murder all those babies so we can get your vote.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2013, 09:08:45 am »
He carried married women.  I suppose the two of you want us to just say what the hell have abortion on demand and murder all those babies so we can get your vote.

Ease down, Rap. Please? Neither of us said that. Pretty sure DCP doesn't think that and I certainly don't.

Conservatives got successfully branded anti-woman. It is total BS, but like all branding, it sticks in the minds of the LIVs. Think of how successful the branding of Repubs as anti-black has been, despite all the evidence to the contrary! One of the shrewder moves of the Dems. That branding has to be combated.

You raise an interesting point - he did carry married women, by a decent margin too. Yet he lost young women by a massive margin. What is the difference? How can it be used?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink