Author Topic: Navy SEAL: Government is creating conditions to impose martial law.  (Read 8547 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Navy SEAL: Government is creating conditions to impose martial law.
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2013, 01:50:40 pm »
Should - hell yes!
Will - No.

It won't happen. Not until enough people say "enough." While it makes a damned fine movie (think Erin Brokovich) in real life the one with the money calls the shots.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2013, 01:52:41 pm »
in real life the one with the money calls the shots.

Which is exactly why I am against rich people bribing and controlling politicians. Get money out of politics.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2013, 03:25:43 pm »
May I ask your age?   Because you're very naive.

Do you think that perhaps you have much more in common with the typical European Jew of the 1930's?

I agree with the 'naive' assessment, DCP.

The scoffing notwithstanding, the real problem is either an inability to understand how radical this administration is, or the denial of the reality of how much power Obama is amassing and what his goals really are.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2013, 04:03:30 pm »
I agree with the 'naive' assessment, DCP.

The scoffing notwithstanding, the real problem is either an inability to understand how radical this administration is, or the denial of the reality of how much power Obama is amassing and what his goals really are.

Believe me, I hate appearing like a conspiracy nut.....but geesh....it's 2+2=4.....not calculus.

I imagine there were millions of German citizens that were shocked at the turn of events as WWII commenced...but probably just a many were not surprised at all.

...exactly what we're looking at today in  the USA.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2013, 04:23:25 pm »
Believe me, I hate appearing like a conspiracy nut.....but geesh....it's 2+2=4.....not calculus.

I imagine there were millions of German citizens that were shocked at the turn of events as WWII commenced...but probably just a many were not surprised at all.

...exactly what we're looking at today in  the USA.

You're among a myriad of others of us who don't have a conspiratorial bone in our bodies, but realize that what we're dealing with in this administration is sinister.

I guess being called a "nut" is a small price to pay for being aware of the evil of this regime - what it has already done, and what it is planning to do.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2013, 05:06:05 pm »
Just wait until Obama has the Tea Party declared a terrorist group.  We already hear the rhetoric from the left, and now it's coming from the GOPe and their allies.

If anyone thinks that Obama wouldn't do it, think again.  The left is not just content with winning elections.  Their ultimate goal is the complete and utter destruction of any and all opposition.  Just like Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2013, 05:08:24 pm »
"My excellent colleagues have forgotten these bitter lessons of history. The prospect of tyranny may not grab the headlines the way vivid stories of gun crime routinely do. But few saw the Third Reich coming until it was too late. The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed - where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."  - Judge Alex Kozinski
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Olivia

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2013, 05:14:52 pm »
"My excellent colleagues have forgotten these bitter lessons of history. The prospect of tyranny may not grab the headlines the way vivid stories of gun crime routinely do. But few saw the Third Reich coming until it was too late. The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed - where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."  - Judge Alex Kozinski

It's appalling how little information that most Americans have about the political corruption in Washington.  A great deal of the population are more interested in Survivor, or The Real Housewives to even think about what's happening to their future.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2013, 05:18:21 pm »
It's appalling how little information that most Americans have about the political corruption in Washington.  A great deal of the population are more interested in Survivor, or The Real Housewives to even think about what's happening to their future.

I can understand people being concerned with their own futures, that's normal.

But we've become a dumbed down nation where it is now bread and circuses, just like Rome before it fell.

I bet 90% of the people under 40 could not do the following.

Name the President
Name the VP
Name the Speaker of the House
Name the President pro tempore of the Senate
Name the Supreme Court Justices
Name at least 1 member of the Cabinet
List the Bill of Rights or even know what it is called

Offline Carling

« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2013, 08:01:34 pm »
Open up the blinds and live a little.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2013, 08:11:47 pm »
Many of your fellows (possibly you, I can't remember) have insinuated that this is now a one party system, and that corruption plagues both parties. Maybe we should use this logic universally? :)

Of course it is both parties.  How do you think the "Kentucky kickback" was orchestrated to end the shutdown.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2013, 08:18:15 pm »
Should we not track down and deal with all of the people that are using their money and power to control others? If politics is corrupted by money and power, and there truly is just the one party now, that means that everybody else playing the game is in on it, right? It would mean that it is just an elaborate ruse to keep the masses too confused and focused on each other to pay attention to the big problem  (which is what I've been saying since I got here).

Lib they are not using rich people's money to bribe politicians, they are using OUR money - aka our tax money - to bribe them.  Do you thing George Soros is going to pay for the 80 billion dollar (probably more like 200 billion or more when completed) dam in Kentucky or the $2 billion McConnell got yesterday?  Nope... WE all are paying it.  They use our money to fund the unions who then give them the money they took from us to give to the unions back to the politicians to run for re-election so they can take more of our money to give back to the guys running the unions.  This is the part you are not totally grasping in your insistence on Citizens United being the problem. CU is not the problem.. earmarks and kickbacks - using our tax dollars like it is water - is the real corrupting issue.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2013, 08:50:29 pm »
Lib they are not using rich people's money to bribe politicians, they are using OUR money - aka our tax money - to bribe them.  Do you thing George Soros is going to pay for the 80 billion dollar (probably more like 200 billion or more when completed) dam in Kentucky or the $2 billion McConnell got yesterday?  Nope... WE all are paying it.  They use our money to fund the unions who then give them the money they took from us to give to the unions back to the politicians to run for re-election so they can take more of our money to give back to the guys running the unions.  This is the part you are not totally grasping in your insistence on Citizens United being the problem. CU is not the problem.. earmarks and kickbacks - using our tax dollars like it is water - is the real corrupting issue.

I agree with your analysis of the problem, but I feel your analysis is incomplete, and that Citizens United is also a big part of the problem.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 09:27:21 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2013, 08:53:44 pm »
Citizens United is a problem. As are the unions. It is six of one and half a dozen of the other.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2013, 09:26:46 pm »
Citizens United is a problem. As are the unions. It is six of one and half a dozen of the other.

I am starting to like you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2013, 01:25:15 am »
I've been known to drink a bit myself.

That's obvious from most of your postings in this forum!  :)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2013, 01:45:10 am »
[[ I can't stand Obama.  I think he's the worst thing to happen in my lifetime, but in order for him to declare martial law, he needs to first have the public behind him, which he does not, and also needs to have the military behind him, which I don't believe to be the case. ]]

Putting my tinfoil hat on for the reply...

If for some reason Obama went over the edge and declared martial law tomorrow, at least 30%, possibly up to 40% of the people would support him. My prediction, and I'm stickin' to it. So long az they gotz their EBT's and ObamaPhones, he's got their approval.

Perhaps he doesn't have the military behind him at the moment (by "military", I mean the support of the cadre of the highest general officers). But he and his people are certainly working on that. Women on subs, gays in the military, the purging of [Christian] religion from the military while at the same time the promotion of islam. And what about all those generals sayin' adios lately?

Maybe the assertions by the SEAL guy in the article _are_ over the top. Maybe they have no basis in reality.

But a LOT of things we've seen in the past five years would probably have seemed unbelievable a dozen years ago (or not even that long).

Only two years ago, if someone had said to you that the NSA was monitoring every phone call, every email, perhaps every credit card transaction in the country -- one would have laughed in their face. No one's laughing now.

Ten years ago, did we see police in so many places with the "shoot first and ask questions later" attitude that so many of them seem to have now?

Did we see the police at all levels literally no longer responding "as police" to many incidents, but as soldiers in fully-outfitted military gear?

Did we see formerly civilian federal agencies now armed to the teeth? Why in heck does the Railroad Retirement Board need its own SWAT team?

Remember the film "Seven Days In May"? (you can watch it free on the net)
In it, the protagonist colonel played by Kirk Douglas explains to the president about "capabilities" -- that is, moving things into place to facilitate specific action later on. In the movie, the capabilities were designed to support a coup against the civilian order.

The militarization of the police, the militarization of civilian agencies (presumably to bypass Posse Comitatus), combined with a national surveillance system beyond any previously assembled, represent "capabilities" of a sort.

Nothing concrete, yet.
But the capabilites are being moved into place.

Tin foil hat off now!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:56:23 am by Fishrrman »

rangerrebew

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2013, 05:16:14 pm »
Yep, and yet it is the Republicans and Tea Party who are constantly called Nazis.  The Democrat Party is edging closer and closer to the Nazi Party, especially with their cult of personality surrounding Obama.

And I say this as someone who's specialty is the history of WWII.

You can tell from the comments liberals make all over the place, if they had their way, all of us would be liquidated at the first opportunity.  They are so filled with hatred and rage that violence is going to happen sooner or later.

Replace "Tea Party" with "Juden" and you see how close we are coming. :thud: