Author Topic: Flesh eating drug ("krokodil") makes appearance in Joliet, Ill.  (Read 15238 times)

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
Re: Flesh eating drug ("krokodil") makes appearance in Joliet, Ill.
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2013, 02:41:32 am »
Gotta have a reason to keep the war on drugs going and pay for turning the police into a domestic military.
For some reason, that comment, even though I can see the sarcasm, strikes me more as a conservative comment than a liberal one.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2013, 07:38:49 am »
Gotta have a reason to keep the war on drugs going and pay for turning the police into a domestic military.

For some reason, that comment, even though I can see the sarcasm, strikes me more as a conservative comment than a liberal one.

Our young lad is growing up. But is still not sure he's ready to let go of youthful pride. He still craves peer acceptance. Pop cultural elitists have branded conservatives as racist, sexist and homophobes. So he is yet unwilling to take up the mantle. Give him time.

How did Churchill phrase it? If you are not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you are not a conservative at forty you have no brain. Liberal_Spy is in transition. Why do you think he even bothered to enter our plainly conservative house? To change our minds? Or, acquire his?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2013, 08:24:02 am »
Our young lad is growing up. But is still not sure he's ready to let go of youthful pride. He still craves peer acceptance. Pop cultural elitists have branded conservatives as racist, sexist and homophobes. So he is yet unwilling to take up the mantle. Give him time.

How did Churchill phrase it? If you are not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you are not a conservative at forty you have no brain. Liberal_Spy is in transition. Why do you think he even bothered to enter our plainly conservative house? To change our minds? Or, acquire his?

He's playing everyone here like a banjo.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline olde north church

« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2013, 11:16:08 am »

Yet people keep picking up his sh*t wherever he drops it.  He's been on my ignore since second one.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2013, 12:44:59 pm »
Yup.  I tried putting Liberal_spy on ignore, but the ignore feature doesn't seem to work for me.  :shrug:

I've never put anyone on ignore before.  I don't think I'm doing it wrong--you just put in the name on the Ignore list, but it won't "take."

Offline musiclady

« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2013, 12:46:32 pm »

Yep.

'Honest troll' is an oxymoron.

It was obvious on Day One what he was doing, and he's still doing it......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2013, 12:49:16 pm »
Yep.

'Honest troll' is an oxymoron.

It was obvious on Day One what he was doing, and he's still doing it......

I don't even refer to it.  These will be the last I ever do.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2013, 12:51:13 pm »
Yup.  I tried putting Liberal_spy on ignore, but the ignore feature doesn't seem to work for me.  :shrug:

I've never put anyone on ignore before.  I don't think I'm doing it wrong--you just put in the name on the Ignore list, but it won't "take."

Weird. Got the case right? - it is case sensitive. If you type lib in the box and let it auto complete, that might work better.

I only ever put one person on ignore for a couple days once (he made me real mad, totally by accident, so it was the polite thing to do. We're cool now.) When I did it, it didn't take first time. Had to log out and log back in for it to work.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2013, 12:55:01 pm »
You can't "play" someone who already knows the tune.

« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2013, 12:59:25 pm »

A song that I don't comes on the radio, I change the station.  I can be more proactive here, so I am.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2013, 01:00:17 pm »

Agreed.

Most of us are fairly set in our ways. Spent a long time thinking about life, living it and struggling with it. That wisdom is hard won, was painful to gain and we paid for it in cash. So having it challenged is irritating.

I treat L_S more as a whetstone. Sharpening my own ideas and beliefs against his. Same as the wife - she is far more lefty that L_S could ever attempt to be! Still, different strokes and all that.

The only downside of ignore is you can still see posts if they are quoted.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 01:02:23 pm by EC »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2013, 01:01:15 pm »

I don't mind his comments as long as he is polite.  He can learn much from us, he put himself in here, we should use it as an opportunity to be able to hone our ability to defend our idealogy to the other side.   Who knows, we might even be able to "turn" him.   
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2013, 01:03:02 pm »
I don't mind his comments as long as he is polite.  He can learn much from us, he put himself in here, we should use it as an opportunity to be able to hone our ability to defend our idealogy to the other side.   Who knows, we might even be able to "turn" him.

Idealist!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2013, 01:08:36 pm »
Idealist!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Idealist AND Dreamer!   :th_10444:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2013, 01:13:57 pm »
Exactly, alice. Where's the challenge in conversing with yourself? It's best to get a little pushback. Even though it hurts my head, makes one think a little harder.

« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2013, 01:14:49 pm »
Weird. Got the case right? - it is case sensitive. If you type lib in the box and let it auto complete, that might work better.

Yes, that's exactly what I did.   :shrug:

« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2013, 01:17:17 pm »

He has already asked folks here to post reams of explanations of conservatism, and they have obliged.   He doesn't budge an inch.  He is a time waster.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2013, 01:18:57 pm »
Yes, that's exactly what I did.   :shrug:

:shrug:

Only other suggestion is the standard "clear your cookies and your cache." It certainly is an odd problem.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2013, 04:10:12 pm »
He has already asked folks here to post reams of explanations of conservatism, and they have obliged.   He doesn't budge an inch.  He is a time waster.

If people want to post to him, that's their call, but the only assumption that should be made about him is that the only honest thing he's done is to select his name.

Trusting anything he says beyond that is, to me, being naïve.

We've all been around the block enough times to know to be skeptical about anyone who trolls conservative websites as a liberal.  There's no reason to think this one is any different than all the rest.

Some have the art of being more polite than others, but none of them hangs around to learn.  Only to disrupt and deceive.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2013, 04:15:17 pm »
On a complete and total side note - thank you for reminding me of Hildegarde! Been reading and Hypatia has competition now!  :laugh:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2013, 04:18:28 pm »
On a complete and total side note - thank you for reminding me of Hildegarde! Been reading and Hypatia has competition now!  :laugh:

Not sure if this was for aligncare or me, but if it was for me, you're welcome!

Hildegarde is a personal hero.

Looking forward to meeting her in Glory and chatting about music.  ^-^

Offline LambChop

« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2013, 04:43:51 pm »
I am going to agree and disagree, my friend. This applies to hard core addicts, not casual users.

It's a fairly open secret that I am an alcoholic. Different drug, same mechanism. Addiction isn't something that may be cured. Only controlled, and only if the sufferer wants to do so. Most, simply, do not. My friends at AA/NA say the same thing. The impulse is always there. Sometimes it sleeps for a while, but the bugger always wakes up again, usually at the worst possible time.

Now, should we criminalize drug users? I do not think so, unless they are an active danger to themselves and those around them. Will they consent to learn to control their addiction? Not until they are ready.

Casual users, the ones who can take it or leave it - who cares? Let them take the odd hit if it makes them feel better.

Funny you say that.  My mother, who had been an ex-smoker for nearly 20 years had very strong desires for a cigarette when my father passed away.   Between the stress and the grief, a little voice in her head told her if she just smoked one, she could get through it easier.  She didn't smoke, but still.  Amazing how an addiction can come after you from so long ago, at a time when you are most vulnerable.

P.S my father died of lung cancer.  Which makes it even stranger.  The thing that caused her pain was now calling to her.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2013, 04:47:33 pm »
That is the attitude which is required, to change minds, change votes, and win.

(I personally changed from an idealistic 20 something liberal veteran, to a staunch Reagan conservative during my mid-late 20s) Exposed to life, and to men and women who argued the case effectively.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2013, 04:54:53 pm »
Funny you say that.  My mother, who had been an ex-smoker for nearly 20 years had very strong desires for a cigarette when my father passed away.   Between the stress and the grief, a little voice in her head told her if she just smoked one, she could get through it easier.  She didn't smoke, but still.  Amazing how an addiction can come after you from so long ago, at a time when you are most vulnerable.

P.S my father died of lung cancer.  Which makes it even stranger.  The thing that caused her pain was now calling to her.

Oh yes - it sneaks up on you.

There are others here who have been dry for a lot longer, but they'll agree. Sometimes from stress, sometimes totally out of no where, that little voice pipes up. "Go on. You can have one."

Offline LambChop

« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2013, 05:27:35 pm »
I believe I'm consistent, Cincinnatus.

Tobacco has always been legal in America.  Alcohol has been, all but for a short time when what was legal suddenly became illegal.

Hard drugs have always been illegal because they are so harmful (the greater negative impact of alcohol and tobacco is due to greater use because they are legal).   If we now legalize harmful drugs, their use will increase, and they will most likely create an even greater negative impact than alcohol and tobacco.

They're already having problems in Colorado with DUI violations regarding the use of marijuana.

Legalizing harder drugs is a very bad idea on any level, IMO.

Unless one wants a greater consumption of them and greater harm to the individuals who will use them because they have become legal.

Actually, marijuana and cocaine didn't become illegal in the US until the early 1900's. (less than 100 years ago)  Along with opium and heroine being legal until regulated/illegal in the late 1800's early 1900's