Author Topic: Shots fired outside US Capitol  (Read 7515 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Shots fired outside US Capitol
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2013, 11:26:06 pm »
She was a dental hygienist from Connecticut who allegedly had mental health issues, according to the New York Post. Officers are searching her CT home now.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2013, 11:28:08 pm »
The woman was 34 years old and had mental health issues.  Another loon engaged in loony behavior.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2013, 12:03:29 am »
That video didn't show any ramming.

The very first 30 seconds when they were trying to get out of her car. Backed into several and almost hit a few more. She hit the car behind her too.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2013, 12:09:58 am »
The very first 30 seconds when they were trying to get out of her car. Backed into several and almost hit a few more. She hit the car behind her too.

Saw the video of her backing up into the police car, but how did the heavily smashed capital police car come into play?   It had to have been broadsided by another car during the chase or on its way to the scene.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2013, 12:11:56 am »
Saw the video of her backing up into the police car, but how did the heavily smashed capital police car come into play?   It had to have been broadsided by another car during the chase or on its way to the scene.

I think it smashed into on of the vehicle barriers that are used around D.C. to keep vehicles a certain distance from buildings to prevent car bombs.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline ABX

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2013, 12:15:23 am »
This is outrageous.  Why didn't anyone shoot out the tires instead of the woman?

In an unknown situation like this, where you are facing a 2000 bullet in a dangerous situation and you don't know the driver's intentions, you take out the threat. Especially that close to the Capitol and White House. Someone ramming barricades could have been a Jihadist suicide bomber for all they knew. Shooting out tires is more Hollywood than real life.

Offline ABX

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2013, 12:19:28 am »

Enough that one officer was injured bad enough to go to the hospital.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2013, 12:20:06 am »
I watched the video.  LE had car stopped, eyes on, and guns drawn, appearing to use every precaution to take the perp safely into custody in a carefully prescribed manner.  Then the car took off, nearly running over LE surrounding the right front and driving recklessly from the scene.  Clearly, the suspect, who had driven with a child from CT (I presume), was not intimidated by the LE community, DC traffic, or DC traffic laws.  And presented herself as an imminent threat to the district.  I cannot see how anyone could cast doubt on the actions of LE in this case.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2013, 12:31:13 am »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2013, 12:35:32 am »
The shooting was totally justified. They gave her more than enough chances to surrender, showing more patience than they needed. But at the moment she backed that car up and hit a police car and attempted to race through the police cornering her,  she is now using her car as a deadly weapon. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline ABX

« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2013, 12:48:17 am »
Here is an image from the aftermath. You can see a lot more damage on the car than the other image including on the front bumper, behind the front, left tire, and it appears to be some bad damage on the back as well as you can see the back bumper bent out.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2013, 12:48:38 am »
This is outrageous.  Why didn't anyone shoot out the tires instead of the woman?

I couldn't count how many police chases I've seen on the news and on shows like Cops where the perps car had blown tires. It may slow down how fast the car can safely go, but it does not stop the threat.   This women chose her circumstances, not the police. As soon as she backed her car into the police car (see the video), she sealed her fait.

Offline ABX

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2013, 12:51:02 am »

This is supposedly one of the patrol cars she hit.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2013, 01:21:31 am »

This is supposedly one of the patrol cars she hit.

If reports are to be believed, this patrol car hit a barrier and flipped.   :shrug:

Offline ABX

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2013, 01:28:24 am »
If reports are to be believed, this patrol car hit a barrier and flipped.   :shrug:

Possibly both are true. She could have hit him, pushing him into the barrier where his car flipped.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2013, 01:41:49 am »
I couldn't count how many police chases I've seen on the news and on shows like Cops where the perps car had blown tires. It may slow down how fast the car can safely go, but it does not stop the threat.   This women chose her circumstances, not the police. As soon as she backed her car into the police car (see the video), she sealed her fait.

I guess I just don't understand how it is that six cops with guns drawn surrounded her stopped car and cop cars had boxed her in and yet not one able-bodied cop could figure out how to open the door and get her on the ground.  Instead they shot an unarmed citizen at point blank range through the brain and neck. 

I just don't understand how this behavior receives two standing ovations from Congress.

Just don't get it.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2013, 01:46:10 am »
If this story is factual there is a great deal more to this event than meets the eye.

DC attacker was a single mom with ‘every reason to live’

Friends and former Brooklyn neighbors recalled Miriam Carey as a hardworking single mother who had every reason to live.

“She had everything going for her,” said Yolanda Napoleon, 40. “A beautiful baby, a man helping her with her baby, a job making 100k per year. Her child was her everything.”

Carey, 34, was a dental hygienist who was licensed in both New York and Connecticut. She lived in Brooklyn as recently as 2005 and had a condo in Stamford, Conn.

Friends, who grew up with her and her four sisters on Stanley Avenue in Brooklyn, were mystified about how Carey’s life came to end in a fiery confrontation with several police and Secret Service agents in the shadow of the US Capitol on Thursday. They said Carey had never been in trouble before and had been working at her current job for five years

Tazzy Wright, another friend and former neighbor of Carey’s, said they had just gone on a vacation together.

“We all just went on a cruise together to the Bahamas. Her job took her. That’s how good a worker she was,” Wright, 30, said. “She seemed perfectly fine. There was nothing wrong with Miriam.”

“We used to go to school together. I’ve known her her whole life,” said another friend, Donald Knowles, 33. He said he had seen Carey on Wednesday in the Stanley Avenue apartment she grew up in. “She’s a sweetheart,” he said.

But one neighbor said, “It was clear there was mental health issues in the family.”

Napoleon said she was best friends with Carey’s older sister Amy. She suspected that the fatal confrontation in Washington was some sort of tragic misunderstanding.

“They are going to find there was nothing in the car. Maybe this is a freak accident. Maybe her brakes went out,” she said.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/03/dc-attacker-a-single-mom-with-every-reason-to-live/
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

famousdayandyear

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2013, 01:49:25 am »
Odd that.  Her reverse worked just fine; and throttle.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2013, 01:49:47 am »
I guess I just don't understand how it is that six cops with guns drawn surrounded her stopped car and cop cars had boxed her in and yet not one able-bodied cop could figure out how to open the door and get her on the ground.  Instead they shot an unarmed citizen at point blank range through the brain and neck. 

I just don't understand how this behavior receives two standing ovations from Congress.

Just don't get it.

I have the same questions Right....but they just didn't know if she was armed and coming so close after the Navy Yard shootings they weren't taking any chances...jmho
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2013, 01:49:51 am »
If this story is factual there is a great deal more to this event than meets the eye.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/03/dc-attacker-a-single-mom-with-every-reason-to-live/

Or face value is true, she was reported to have mental problems. Maybe something blood sugar related or manic depression (possibly medicated w/ bad side-effects).

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2013, 01:53:06 am »
[[ How would they know if the perp was CCW or not?  Or wearing C4?  Please get real.
Hindsight based on sketchy info is shaky ground for accusations such as this. ]]

So, what you're saying can essentially be translated to:

... Make any kind of wrong move in D.C., even an accidental one, and you'll be shot first and investigated afterwards.

Freedom's great, ain't it?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2013, 02:03:30 am »

Just don't get it.

Can't wait to hear what Bro's Jesse and Sharpton have to say about this!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:03:51 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

famousdayandyear

« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2013, 02:09:46 am »
[[ How would they know if the perp was CCW or not?  Or wearing C4?  Please get real.
Hindsight based on sketchy info is shaky ground for accusations such as this. ]]

So, what you're saying can essentially be translated to:

... Make any kind of wrong move in D.C., even an accidental one, and you'll be shot first and investigated afterwards.

Freedom's great, ain't it?

What I am saying is a suspect attempts an overt threat against the White House--battering a barrier ostensibly put there to protect the occupant who happens to reside at the seat of government of the free world.  LE attempts to stop the perpetrator, with eyes on, guns drawn to safely secure the scene and take the perp into custody without detailed knowledge of contents of car or perp's person.

Perp then suddenly reverses and then takes off in an overtly aggressive more (visible on video) and drives in a reckless manner from original scene.  LE has no knowledge of motive or capability and must pursue a protocol taking account a worse case scenario (which may be suicide bomb-SEMTEX, etc; concealed weapon (s) etc; using child as cover, etc.). 

LE took every measure to prevent the possible deaths of many innocent people. 

Don't know exactly what you're driving at.  This is the real world, man.

Offline ABX

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2013, 02:10:36 am »
What I am saying is a suspect attempts an overt threat against the White House--battering a barrier ostensibly put there to protect the occupant who happens to reside at the seat of government of the free world.  LE attempts to stop the perpetrator, with eyes on, guns drawn to safely secure the scene and take the perp into custody without detailed knowledge of contents of car or perp's person.

Perp then suddenly reverses and then takes off in an overtly aggressive more (visible on video) and drives in a reckless manner from original scene.  LE has no knowledge of motive or capability and must pursue a protocol taking account a worse case scenario (which may be suicide bomb-SEMTEX, etc; concealed weapon (s) etc; using child as cover, etc.). 

LE took every measure to prevent the possible deaths of many innocent people. 

Don't know exactly what you're driving at.  This is the real world, man.

Ditto to all that.

Offline evadR

« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2013, 03:49:18 am »
Can't wait to hear what Bro's Jesse and Sharpton have to say about this!
My God yes...another bro-ma-thon.
This tragedy is going to turn into another 3 ring circus...and whitey will somehow be blamed.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.