Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>>>Ted Cruz Talking Filibuster in progress  (Read 27161 times)

Offline SlapLeather

Re: Ted Cruz Talking Filibuster in progress
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2013, 12:41:36 am »
Of course.   Any business involvement you don't like is "cronyism."

Embrace meritocracy. It's practice and principles are superior.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2013, 12:43:33 am »
Senator Inhofe pointing out just last weekend Harry Reid stated he ABSOLUTELY plans for Obamacare to become a SINGLE PAYER system.. Reid when asked said:  Absolutely - let me repeat absolutely that is the plan.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2013, 12:46:21 am »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2013, 12:56:17 am »
Embrace meritocracy. It's practice and principles are superior.

I embrace meritocracy.  But it is common practice in the public sector to standardize on a single hardware/software platform.  The company with the best proposal wins the business.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 12:57:11 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2013, 01:02:34 am »
I embrace meritocracy.  But it is common practice in the public sector to standardize on a single hardware/software platform.  The company with the best proposal wins the business.

You don't work in the government acquisition business do you?  It has nothing to do with the 'best' proposal any longer. It is who has the right lobbyists and fills out the right demographic boxes in GSA form SF1449.

Offline SlapLeather

« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2013, 01:17:46 am »

That's too bad. In fact, it will be a failing cycle. 

The Company with the best PRODUCT should win the business.  Anything less would be embracing mediocracy.

The standardized common practice of cronyism in the Public Sector is the cause of failure. 
The standardized common practice of competitiveness in the Private Sector is a winner.

Why subsidize a failure?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2013, 01:51:24 am »
http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/poll/do-you-support-ted-cruz-on-this-or-not-click-read-and-vote/

9/24/13 at 3:26 pm
Do you support Ted Cruz on this or not? Click, read and vote
Cruz

I support him and hope he keeps talking  92.72%  (2,903 votes) 

He should stop doing it  7.28%  (228 votes) 

Total Votes: 3,131
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2013, 01:55:09 am »
You don't work in the government acquisition business do you?  It has nothing to do with the 'best' proposal any longer. It is who has the right lobbyists and fills out the right demographic boxes in GSA form SF1449.

And who hired most recently from the revolving door of the agency(ies) involved, or who most recently had one of their employees/officers/partners hired to a position of influence in the agency involved.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2013, 01:58:44 am »
That little debate with Dick Durbin was great.... as in it wasn't even a contest and Durbin sort of slunk away rather than answer the questions Cruz asked of him.

Offline ABX

« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2013, 02:02:30 am »
That little debate with Dick Durbin was great.... as in it wasn't even a contest and Durbin sort of slunk away rather than answer the questions Cruz asked of him.

I missed it. Bummer

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2013, 02:08:55 am »
I missed it. Bummer

Durbin read a letter from someone named "Judy" (guess Dems have a thing for Judy's) which Cruz replied to and then Durbin came back with so does the GOP want to do away with things like insurance to age 26, no one being turned away for asthma, mental illness, etc... and Cruz responded that even congress hated it so much the Democrats met with Obama and got it taken away for congress and their staff... now THAT got Durbin's panties in a real twist and he actually tried to deny it and said they were all going to be in the exchanges .. Cruz then zeroed in on him and leveled him with both barrels - with a smile  and respect - and Durbin literall slunk off and did not return.. What Durbin succeeded in doing was shining a light on Congress getting special treatment. Cruz told him if the entire country has to do this thing then EVERYONE should have to do it and EVERYONE should be in the same boat and they are not, that once again Congress gets a special deal no one else gets...

it was a thing of beauty.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #161 on: September 25, 2013, 02:10:44 am »
@SenTedCruz daughters as he reads them Green Eggs & Ham. #MakeDCListen

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #162 on: September 25, 2013, 02:13:42 am »

Uh huh. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #163 on: September 25, 2013, 02:56:45 am »

This thing is going to be a disaster and the only reason the Dems are supporting it is because to repeal would be a major embarrassment for Obama. Otherwise to hell with the American people.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline happyg

« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2013, 03:01:59 am »
@SenTedCruz daughters as he reads them Green Eggs & Ham. #MakeDCListen

Theresa Benson

I do not like this Uncle Sam,
 I do not like his health care scam.
 I do not like these dirty crooks,
 or how they lie and cook the books!!
 I do not like when Congress steals,
 I do not like their secret deals.
 I do not like this speaker, Nan,
 I do not like this, 'YES WE CAN'!!
 I do not like this spending spree,
 I'm smart, I know that nothing's free.
 I do not like their smug replies,
 when I complain about their lies.
 I do not like this kind of hope,
 I do not like it, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2013, 03:03:57 am »
~LOL~ that is great!

BTW is Patrick Leahy having to sit through this or did he have someone else sit in his place as president pro tempore?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2013, 03:08:44 am »
Interesting exchange going on right now between Cruz and Kain of VA

Offline ABX

« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2013, 03:12:39 am »
Interesting exchange going on right now between Cruz and Kain of VA

Kain is handing Cruz gift wrapped packages with those questions. Is Kain coming around?  He is leading Cruz to alternative and more logical proposals.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2013, 03:14:18 am »
BTW is Patrick Leahy having to sit through this or did he have someone else sit in his place as president pro tempore?

He can select someone else just like in the House the Speaker rarely is the one behind the gavel.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2013, 03:34:12 am »
Definitely a clever adaptation of "Green Eggs & Ham" (post #164) and those two little girls look adorable.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #170 on: September 25, 2013, 03:37:02 am »
Kain is handing Cruz gift wrapped packages with those questions. Is Kain coming around?  He is leading Cruz to alternative and more logical proposals.

AB I received a phone call and missed way too much of the exchange.  It was on mute and looked like it went on for quite some time. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #171 on: September 25, 2013, 03:40:36 am »
 ‏@glennbeck 9m

.@SenTedCruz is making my 4 hours of broadcasting a day look easy! #StandWithCruz against Obamacare. #MakeDCListen http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/24/ted-cruz-begins-anti-obamacare-speech-on-senate-floor-i-will-speak-until-i-am-no-longer-able-to-stand/ … SJ

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #172 on: September 25, 2013, 03:41:14 am »
National Review ‏@NROcorner 13m

Sounds like Sen. Kaine (D) is looking for a way out if his support for Obamacare. #Cruz response was very strong

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #173 on: September 25, 2013, 03:41:55 am »
@NROcorner @BoSnerdley Cruz' response was beautiful...almost poetic. Kaine seemed to be wavering.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #174 on: September 25, 2013, 03:43:32 am »
@TeaPartyExpress 56m

Hour 8 of @TedCruz speaking on the Senate Floor for millions of American's whose Senators have apparently lost their backbones #MakeDCListen