Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>>>Ted Cruz Talking Filibuster in progress  (Read 27159 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Ted Cruz Talking Filibuster in progress
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2013, 12:01:07 am »
They made fun of Reagan's preference for jelly beans. Called him a B rated movie star. If he opened his mouth, he was trashed by the democrats and media. Even so, Reagan carried 49 of the 50 states.

Ronald Reagan was a two-term governor of the largest state in the union.  Cruz has been a government lawyer, a government bureaucrat, and a  toady to Donald Rumsfeld.

Surely you're not comparing the two.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 12:07:07 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2013, 12:03:04 am »
@SenRandPaul @SenTedCruz #Obamacare software requirements are putting small health providers out of business $30K required software.

I've seen this happen locally. Several small home healthcare providers (2-3 person operations) had to close their doors because they couldn't afford the software Obamacare requires (as well as other regulations).  It isn't just 'Big Insurance' who wants this to stay because they are getting a monopoly, but there are a couple of software companies are pimping for it because they are getting a monopoly on the required software with little to no competition.

There has been a move here among some of those affected to have this investigated. There is a lot of fraud going on and requiring small mom and pop operations to buy tens of thousands of dollars worth of software from the or go out of business is tantamount to extortion.

The government and those empowering them are as bad as a mafia shakedown.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2013, 12:04:41 am »

The government and those empowering them are as bad as a mafia shakedown.

Exactly what this is. Some will get rich because they are designing and selling the software and they don't care if the nation goes to hell in a handbasket as long as they get their green.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline ABX

« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2013, 12:06:28 am »
Exactly what this is. Some will get rich because they are designing and selling the software and they don't care if the nation goes to hell in a handbasket as long as they get their green.

It is the same reason some of the big Insurance companies and corporate hospitals support it. They are guaranteed more revenue. In the insurance case, people will be required to buy their product and they can jack up the rates to make people pay up to 10% of their salary to them (ACA 'limit' on premiums actually gives a lot of room to increase what they charge).

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2013, 12:10:00 am »

So a health industry software provider should forego developing software as a political statement?

I thought we conservatives were about the freedom of the marketplace.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2013, 12:11:11 am »
So a health industry software provider should forego developing software as a political statement?

There is freedom and their is cronism.....  but you know that.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2013, 12:14:17 am »
@GovernorPerry: Washington, Listen to @SenTedCruz! #MakeDCListen"

famousdayandyear

« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2013, 12:14:34 am »
Sen Mike Enzi is making a great point about addressing individual appropriations which did not happen--again; ergo another massive CR

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2013, 12:15:24 am »
Hopefully this means we have Enzi.

Offline ABX

« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2013, 12:16:49 am »

They should have the same rules applied to them that all companies do regarding monopolies and cronyism. The healthcare software industry should be free to offer a lot of alternatives and compete with each other for customers. Instead, they, through their lobbyists, got Obamacare to create requirements that prevent competition and require purchase of just their product to be compliant.

That is corruption and almost criminal, not a free marketplace.

Speaking of which, I was looking through some old messages and the good news is one of the local State Senators in Texas is going to start looking into this. Especially the tactic of 'buy it or else' that is being presented to these health care providers.

This one is kind of personal because an aunt in Dallas is impacted by this. She is still in business but had to cut staff sell off a lot of assets just to meet the compliance requirements. Her business was very low profit, mostly working with mentally challenged individuals. It is businesses like hers that are being destroyed by this corruption.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2013, 12:17:18 am »
http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/23/hannity-says-cruz-like-reagan-reagan-wasnt-loved-at-the-time-called-extreme/

Hannity says Cruz like Reagan: ‘Reagan wasn’t loved at the time,’ called ‘extreme’

Posted By Jeff Poor On 5:10 PM 09/23/2013

Conservative commentator Sean Hannity hears echoes of opposition to Ronald Reagan in the way Republican opponents are apparently waging a stealth campaign against Sen. Ted Cruz.

On last weekend’s broadcast of “Fox News Sunday,” anchor Chris Wallace revealed he had received opposition research on Texas Republican Cruz, not from Democrats but from fellow Republicans.

On his Monday radio program, conservative commentator Sean Hannity called that “deeply unwise.” But he also said it was reminiscent of the situation faced by the late President Reagan, who faced similar opposition during his first bid for the Republican nomination in 1976.

“I’ll give you another lesson we can learn — Republicans will have their differences on tactics ,” Hannity said. “It is deeply unwise … to elevate those differences to the point of turning this into a civil war. And to think — Ted Cruz reminds me a little bit of Reagan in this sense. Reagan was despised when he challenged the sitting president, Gerald Ford for the nomination in 1976, despised. But he did lay the foundation to win the election in 1980. Every Republican loves Reagan, but he wasn’t loved at the time. He was called extreme by fellow Republicans. You know, we can have spirited arguments here, but this attack is awful.”

Shortly thereafter on his radio program, Hannity speculated on the motivations behind these anti-Cruz gestures, saying it appeared to him that Cruz’s fellow Republicans were more interested in maintaining power than with fulfilling campaign promises.

“[L]ook, here’s just a fact, and I understand — I’m not a Republican,” Hannity said. “I’m a conservative. And they are unfortunately — both parties are guilty of this, most of them care about their power. They like being called ‘Senator.’ They like being called ‘Congressman,’ ‘Governor’ and unfortunately they forget what it means to serve you. They forget campaign promises. They’re only words. They don’t come from the heart. They’re not backed by commitment and real action. What Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and Marco [Rubio] are doing here is they are calling on the better side of Republicans to be a bold contrasting party, whether they rise to the occasion — they did in the House last Friday. They didn’t do it the week before. We’ll see.”

Follow Jeff on Twitter

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2013, 12:18:28 am »
Hannity remembers it exactly as I remember it from the day....... this is absolutely accurate:

Ted Cruz reminds me a little bit of Reagan in this sense. Reagan was despised when he challenged the sitting president, Gerald Ford for the nomination in 1976, despised. But he did lay the foundation to win the election in 1980. Every Republican loves Reagan, but he wasn’t loved at the time. He was called extreme by fellow Republicans

Offline SlapLeather

« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2013, 12:24:06 am »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2013, 12:27:43 am »
Sarah Palin is going to be on Hannity to discuss this tonight.

Offline ABX

« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2013, 12:27:45 am »
Senator Cruz should have the entire 20K pages of Obamacare wheeled in and start reading it.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2013, 12:28:19 am »
Yep........... he should

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2013, 12:29:41 am »
 ‏@GovMatt 1m

Sen Enzi: Why wouldn't' Obama want to be covered by Obamacare? It's named after him!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2013, 12:30:18 am »
@_HughBris 2m

Obamacare is the Biggest piece of Special Interest Legislation ever. It's time to #DefundObamacare,

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2013, 12:30:53 am »
There is freedom and their is cronism.....  but you know that.

Of course.   Any business involvement you don't like is "cronyism."

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2013, 12:31:47 am »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2013, 12:31:56 am »
Well, I don't care what Cruz's motives are..he is saying and doing something...saying what all of us feel..

:thumbsup:

Offline ABX

« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2013, 12:34:02 am »
Senator Cruz should have the entire 20K pages of Obamacare wheeled in and start reading it.

I just had a thought. I will need to look it up but I believe the Government has a service to provide printed copies of all laws and bills for a small fee (around $15 if memory serves me correct).  It may be worth choking up the system to get thousands of people ordering hard copies of that monstrosity.

Offline happyg

« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2013, 12:34:43 am »
Hannity remembers it exactly as I remember it from the day....... this is absolutely accurate:

If they are honest, they all remember it like Hannity said, unless they were in a coma.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2013, 12:35:37 am »
Of course.   Any business involvement you don't like is "cronyism."

I don't care how much money you make as long as my tax dollars are not paying for it and I don't get substandard medical care because of it.... when the government gets involved then we get both.. taxpayers subsidy and substandard... while a "few" get very rich from it.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2013, 12:37:58 am »
Sen Enzi: Why wouldn't' Obama want to be covered by Obamacare? It's named after him!
  :silly:
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams