Author Topic: The Official TBR Silliness Thread: 2013-2016  (Read 118265 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Re: The Official TBR Silliness Thread
« Reply #300 on: November 24, 2014, 01:23:15 am »
North Dakota Names Landfill After Obama

The Daily Currant
November 17, 2014

The state of North Dakota has named a new publicly-owned landfill after President Barack Obama.

In an overwhelming 35-10 vote, the state Senate advanced a bill naming a 650-acre site currently under construction after the nation’s 44th president. Governor Jack Dalrymple is expected to sign the measure into law Tuesday.
More

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #301 on: November 24, 2014, 03:33:13 am »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #302 on: November 26, 2014, 06:36:50 pm »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #303 on: November 27, 2014, 12:37:01 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqQkkgedKCk

Groucho Marx and Pedro Gonzalez-Gonzalez discuss marriage.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #305 on: November 28, 2014, 07:05:21 pm »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #306 on: November 29, 2014, 03:52:25 am »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #307 on: December 02, 2014, 05:45:43 pm »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #308 on: December 02, 2014, 07:29:53 pm »

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 07:42:20 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #310 on: December 06, 2014, 05:35:24 pm »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #311 on: December 06, 2014, 08:42:46 pm »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #312 on: December 06, 2014, 08:56:43 pm »
It was getting a little crowded in Heaven, so God decided to change the admittance policy. The new law was that, in order to get into Heaven, you had to have a really bummer day on the day that you died. The policy would go into effect at noon the next day.

So, the next day at 12:01, the first person came to the gates of Heaven. The Angel at the gate, remembering the new policy, promptly asked the man, "Before I let you in, I need you to tell me how your day was going when you died."

"No problem," the man said. "I came home to my 25th floor apartment on my lunch hour and caught my wife having an affair. But her lover was nowhere in sight; immediately I began searching for him. My wife was half naked and yelling at me as I searched the entire apartment. Just as I was about to give up, I happened to glance out onto the balcony and noticed that there was a man hanging off the edge by his fingertips! The nerve of that guy! Well, I ran out onto the balcony and stomped on his fingers until he fell to the ground. But wouldn't you know it, he landed in some trees and bushes that broke his fall and he didn't die. This ticked me off even more. In a rage, I went back inside to get the first thing I could get my hands on to throw at him. Oddly enough, the first thing I thought of was the refrigerator. I unplugged it, pushed it out onto the balcony, and tipped it over the side. It plummeted 25 stories and crushed him! The excitement of the moment was so great that I had a heart attack and died almost instantly."

The Angel sat back and thought a moment. Technically, the guy did have a bad day. It was a crime of passion. So, the Angel announces, "OK sir. Welcome to the Kingdom of Heaven," and let him in. A few seconds later the next guy came up. "Greetings, friend: before I can let you in, I need to hear about what your day was like when you died."

The man said, "No problem. But you're not going to believe this, I was on the balcony of my 26th floor apartment doing my daily exercises. I had been under a lot of pressure so I was really pushing hard to relieve my stress. I guess I got a little carried away, slipped, and accidentally fell over the side! Luckily, I was able to catch myself by my finger tips on the balcony below mine. But all of a sudden this crazy man comes out of his apartment, starts cussing, and stomps on my fingers. Well, of course I fell. I hit some trees and bushes at the bottom which broke my fall so I didn't die right away. As I'm laying there face up on the ground, unable to move and in excruciating pain, I see this guy push his refrigerator of all things off the balcony. It falls the 25 floors and lands on top of me killing me instantly."

The Angel is quietly laughing to himself as the man finishes his story. "I could get used to this new policy," he thinks to himself. "Very well sir," the Angel announces. Welcome to the Kingdom of Heaven," and he lets the man enter.

A few seconds later, President Clinton comes up to the gate. The Angel is almost too shocked to speak. Thoughts of assassination and war pour through the Angel's head. Finally he says "Mr. President, please tell me what it was like the day you died."

Clinton says, "OK, picture this. I'm naked inside a refrigerator..."

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #313 on: December 09, 2014, 07:03:14 pm »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #314 on: December 11, 2014, 07:10:04 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #315 on: December 11, 2014, 09:31:03 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #316 on: December 12, 2014, 05:05:33 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #317 on: December 12, 2014, 08:21:08 pm »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #318 on: December 12, 2014, 08:25:46 pm »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #319 on: December 12, 2014, 10:36:44 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #320 on: December 12, 2014, 10:38:28 pm »
LOL!  That's excellent, Mach! 

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #321 on: December 13, 2014, 04:29:10 pm »
South Dakota pulls driving campaign over innuendo

South Dakota officials have canceled a public safety campaign to raise awareness about the dangers of jerking the steering wheel on icy roads, saying it's too risque.

The Department of Public Safety has pulled the "Don't Jerk and Drive" ads, which played on the double-meaning of the word "jerk." Highway Safety Director Lee Axdahl told the Argus Leader earlier this week that the double meaning was intentional, to grab people's attention.

He says the message is that the department would prefer drivers keep their cars out of the ditch and their mind out of the gutter.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #322 on: December 14, 2014, 06:24:37 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #323 on: December 14, 2014, 11:15:24 pm »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #324 on: December 16, 2014, 07:24:22 am »