Author Topic: Trump says he's not concerned about being impeached: 'The people would revolt'  (Read 5321 times)

Online rustynail

The People are revolting.

Offline DB

The problem likely lies in the Cohen/Trump financial records that were seized in the campaign finance investigation. It put Cohen in prison. And it wasn't campaign finance issues that put him there. Cohen was Trump's fixer lawyer for 12 years. Who knows what they dug up going through all that.

Oceander

But the party that does this without the support of the people is in big ass trouble.

Quite clearly.  The democrats are going to sincerely regret it if they impeach Trump with what they’ve got now, even assuming that the payoff to Daniels counts as an illegal campaign contribution.  Just as the GOP came to regret impeaching Clinton got lying about his affair with Lewinsky.

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
Axeslinger wrote:
"But at a minimum they’ll be able to add the word “impeached” to every description of trump leading into 2020."

And in 2020, Mr. Trump will still be in office.

His campaign theme for re-election.

"They tried. They failed. Donald Trump: UNIMPEACHABLE"

:amen:
I won't accept.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

??? The Senate will not vote in favor of impeachment ... bank on it. IMHO, The GOP needs to do 4 things before 2020 in order to keep the WH and hold their majority in the Senate:

1)  Continue to point out the corruption of the left and FIGHT back.

2)  Get with the RNC and get more states to have closed primaries.

3)  Ensure that the electoral process has news safeguards in place to keep the massive corruption of the left from destroying/stealing the election.

4)  The Senate needs to be very steadfast and show their unity in supporting this President.

Unfortunately, I don't see them doing any of these things.

The Senate will never vote on impeachment of any POTUS, as that is handled in the House.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline libertybele

The Senate will never vote on impeachment of any POTUS, as that is handled in the House.

Impeachment proceedings and the impeachment process begins in the House and if impeachment is decided upon the decision then lies with the Senate where the impeachment is 'tried' and voted upon.  In essence, the Senate acts as a jury and makes a decision.

Article I § 2 of the United States Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power to impeach (make formal charges against) and Article I § 3 gives the Senate the sole power to try impeachments. Article II § 4 of the Constitution provides as follows:

"The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."

Thus, the operative legal standard to apply to an impeachment of a sitting President is "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors." There is substantial difference of opinion over the interpretation of these words.

..............Both the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate have the right to make their own rules governing their procedure, and to change those rules. Under current rules, the actual impeachment inquiry begins in the Judiciary Committee of the House of Representatives. That Committee holds hearings, takes evidence, and hears testimony of witnesses concerning matters relevant to the inquiry.

............The Committee formulates Articles of Impeachment which could contain multiple counts. The Committee votes on the Articles of Impeachment and the results of the vote are reported to the House as a whole. The matter is then referred to the whole House which debates the matter and votes on the Articles of Impeachment, which may or may not be changed. If the Articles of Impeachment are approved, the matter is sent to the Senate for trial......

............The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments...
"

https://litigation.findlaw.com/legal-system/presidential-impeachment-the-legal-standard-and-procedure.html

https://nccs.net/blogs/articles/the-impeachment-process
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:50:51 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Fanatics, regardless of stripe, are dangerous.    Any of them at any time can go off the rails.  Unlike Antifa, Black Lives Matter and the usual crazies, we just haven't seen what the Trump cultists are capable of...yet.

Harm my President and find out, chump!    :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
An impeachable offense is nothing more or less than what a sufficient number of representatives decide is worthy of impeachment. 

Whether the Senate agrees with them is another matter.  And it’s the senate that will save Trumps bacon if the democrats are stupid enough to impeach him, not some street riots by the orange marmalade crew.

"Riots by the orange marmalade crew" won't be intended to "save Trump's bacon".

They will bring JUSTICE upon the asses of Democrat officials....EVERYWHERE.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

Impeachment proceedings and the impeachment process begins in the House and if impeachment is decided upon the decision then lies with the Senate where the impeachment is 'tried' and voted upon.  In essence, the Senate acts as a jury and makes a decision.

No. The House Impeaches. The Senate removes from office or decides the punishment if any. Impeachments are worthless without the removal which makes what the house is doing a waste of time.

Offline libertybele

"Riots by the orange marmalade crew" won't be intended to "save Trump's bacon".

They will bring JUSTICE upon the asses of Democrat officials....EVERYWHERE.

People need to wake up here.  The left has created a witch hunt to go after this President and has done everything in their power to make his presidency null and void.  That in itself should raise some flags as to what the left is trying to do.  In addition, they tried in several states to use corruption to steal the mid-term elections; Florida was a prime example.

Trump has acted within his Constitutional authority and they have tried (and sometimes succeeded) in tying his hands.

On one hand as a result of Mueller's investigation corruption has turned up surrounding Clinton and her attempts to undermine the integrity of the 2018 elections, yet 'they' are still investigating this President for colluding with the Russians.  After two years, where is the evidence, where is the proof and why is the investigation continuing??

The left (and even some members of the GOP) have been talking impeachment even before Trump was sworn in.  Hello??? Doesn't that concern the anti-Trump brigade??

So...witch hunts and impeachment without basis are ok just because they wanted someone else as president??  He was elected under the GOP umbrella and he IS what the GOP voting populace has to work with to combat the massive corruption of the left.

Time to wake up people as to what the hell is going on.

Trump is far from perfect and I still have some doubts, but it's either work with him, or work against him and support the devil on the left!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 01:06:32 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

No. The House Impeaches. The Senate removes from office or decides the punishment if any. Impeachments are worthless without the removal which makes what the house is doing a waste of time.

Pretty much what I pointed out in my posts with the links explaining what is in the Constitution.  The House Impeaches, BUT it is the Senate the really makes the final decision on that impeachment and acts as a jury and decides on if the impeachment stands and what penalty if any will be placed.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
“I’m not concerned, no," he added. "I think that the people would revolt if that happened."

He is 100% correct.

I live in a solid blue State where the big Cities are owned by the Rat Machine.

Even here the WTF? over the witch hunt is near universal in my town.

Damn near no one is buying it.

Outrage, Everywhere.

Revolt? You Betchum!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

• Wulf Anson Author
Any NT types here need to go watch the size and fervor of Trump rallies on youtube.

The go watch the near empty rooms and auditoriums curtained off to hide all those empty seats for the Rat crime bosses selling their hot air speeches.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline libertybele

Any NT types here need to go watch the size and fervor of Trump rallies on youtube.

The go watch the near empty rooms and auditoriums curtained off to hide all those empty seats for the Rat crime bosses selling their hot air speeches.

This is true.  What the left is counting on is that those on the right will remain passive and won't act as they have always done in the past.  It is the voting base on the left that is organized and reacts with protests and riots, not those on the right.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   Bizzare

Not according to my definition of bizzare, @corbe   There are no grounds to impeach the President.  None that have been presented so far.

"We don't like him," is not an impeachable offense.  Sorry about that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

• Wulf Anson Author
Not according to my definition of bizzare, @corbe   There are no grounds to impeach the President.  None that have been presented so far.

"We don't like him," is not an impeachable offense.  Sorry about that.

Could be a tad of 'Good Old Boys Club' among the Rats.

Trump made his Billions in the private sector, and the Rats stole theirs from dirty dealings IN office.

Offline GrouchoTex

People are revolting enough to me, as it is.

In the Harry Reid sense?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
“I’m not concerned, no," he added. "I think that the people would revolt if that happened."

He is 100% correct.

No, he isn’t. Who is going to revolt – you? Please. You might scratch your car or spill your drink.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GrouchoTex

Quite clearly.  The democrats are going to sincerely regret it if they impeach Trump with what they’ve got now, even assuming that the payoff to Daniels counts as an illegal campaign contribution.  Just as the GOP came to regret impeaching Clinton got lying about his affair with Lewinsky.

That is a good point.
They may try, but it won't work out the way they hope, even in the unlikely event that they are successful.

Pretty much what I pointed out in my posts with the links explaining what is in the Constitution.  The House Impeaches, BUT it is the Senate the really makes the final decision on that impeachment and acts as a jury and decides on if the impeachment stands and what penalty if any will be placed.

The impeachment stands whether the Senate votes to convict or not.  For example, Bill Clinton was impeached, and that remains.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The impeachment stands whether the Senate votes to convict or not.  For example, Bill Clinton was impeached, and that remains.

Impeachment is just an indictment. If he’s not removed by the Senate, it’s like an acquittal. Nobody cares that OJ was indicted for double murder.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline roamer_1

Trump is far from perfect and I still have some doubts, but it's either work with him, or work against him and support the devil on the left!

Nah. I am happy to leave all y'all have at it. Not my circus, not my clown... And a pox on all your houses. Wake me up when sanity returns.

Impeachment is just an indictment. If he’s not removed by the Senate, it’s like an acquittal. Nobody cares that OJ was indicted for double murder.

Exactly.  Impeachment is just one step in a process.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
In the Harry Reid sense?

In a way. But he knows exactly what he is doing. I mean more in the general sense. Stupid people in ever-increasing numbers.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

A bunch of old farts in MAGA hats don't scare me.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.