Author Topic: Crocs to close remaining manufacturing facilities; executive to resign  (Read 6390 times)

Offline mountaineer

Crocs to close remaining manufacturing facilities; executive to resign
 By Peter Martinez
 CBS News
 August 8, 2018, 10:46 PM

Crocs Inc. said that it's closing all of its manufacturing facilities, and announced that its chief financial officer will resign.

Crocs (CROX), based out of Niwot, Colorado, noted in a press release Tuesday that a facility in Mexico will shutter and there are plans to close one in Italy. It's unclear what the future of production will be.

The company said Carrie Teffner, executive vice president and chief financial officer, will leave Crocs effective April 1, 2019. Her successor will be Anne Mehlman, who comes from Amazon-owned online shoe retailer Zappos. Mehlman will begin her duties August 24, 2018.

Crocs became popular among hospital and restaurant workers and others toiling on their feet all day after its 2002 launch, with annual sales soaring past $100 million before a fall from favor and experiencing a mixed road business-wise ever since. ... Rest of story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Crocs to close remaining manufacturing facilities; executive to resign
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 07:47:49 pm »
Such is the world of fashion. Fickle and shifty.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 07:59:21 pm »

Fashion?  They are butt ugly but damn comfortable.  Hope someone buys them out.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 08:48:57 pm »

Too bad Crocs failed. OTOH Skechers is a top brand, for style, quality, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 08:54:59 pm »
It may not be that dire:

By Irina Ivanova MoneyWatch August 9, 2018, 3:29 PM

Crocs closing manufacturing facilities but will keep making shoes

Crocs sparked a minor panic among fans of its colorful plastic clogs by announcing on Wednesday that the company is closing the last of its manufacturing facilities. But mule-lovers can rest easy -- the footwear maker isn't going of business. Rather, Crocs -- which is profitable -- is closing factories and shutting some stores in a move to cut costs and boost earnings.

Wall Street is pleased. Crocs shares, which have risen 49 percent this year, nosed up further on Thursday.

Most Crocs are already made in factories not owned by the shoe maker. Closing the last of its company-owned facilities, in Mexico and Italy, is part of a plan to completely outsource Crocs' production, a spokesperson for the company said...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/crocs-closing-manufacturing-facilities-but-not-going-out-of-business-will-keep-making-shoes/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 10:30:39 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 12:08:52 am »
I'd never heard of "Crocs" before, until I read this story...  ;)

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 12:19:18 am »
What a coincidence... Just yesterday, I went to Amazon to look into getting a new pair!

They're a godsend for feet and backs.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 02:08:58 pm »
Too bad Crocs failed. OTOH Skechers is a top brand, for style, quality, etc.

Agreed.  I am always thrilled to find them on sale.  I never got the whole Crocus thing.  For me they were never comfortable.  The story says they are still profitable - just improving the bottom line.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 02:17:38 pm »
What a coincidence... Just yesterday, I went to Amazon to look into getting a new pair!

@Suppressed
Certain styles/sizes are on Zulily right now.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 02:24:02 pm »
@Suppressed

Thanks, @Polly Ticks !  I'll check that out. 

I would be quite the sight in those hot pink ones!

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 03:39:14 pm »
Thanks, @Polly Ticks !  I'll check that out. 

I would be quite the sight in those hot pink ones!

Maybe they have orange ones, too?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 03:41:50 pm »
This is the feel good story of the day. Crocks are repugnant and disgusting. I refuse to even talk to people wearing them.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 03:46:11 pm »
Rednecks and Prisons deeply saddened.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 03:48:18 pm »
This is the feel good story of the day. Crocks are repugnant and disgusting. I refuse to even talk to people wearing them.

I do the same with people who wear Birkenstock's.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 03:52:25 pm »
@Suppressed
@Polly Ticks

8888crybaby  I have narrow feet.  I missed out in high school when saddle shoes were in and no company made AAAA wide - I could not "be with it", "cool", in school.  I felt "left out", while my friends were tooling around in these shoes.

So, tell me, do the Crocs have at least AA wide.  If I wear a fairly thick sock, I could keep them on.  Or, am I going to cry again and be left out.  8888crybaby

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 04:01:27 pm »
@Polly Ticks

8888crybaby  I have narrow feet.  I missed out in high school when saddle shoes were in and no company made AAAA wide - I could not "be with it", "cool", in school.  I felt "left out", while my friends were tooling around in these shoes.

So, tell me, do the Crocs have at least AA wide.  If I wear a fairly thick sock, I could keep them on.  Or, am I going to cry again and be left out.  8888crybaby

@Victoria33
I'm sorry, I honestly have no idea.  I've never owned a pair in my life ... I just happened to see them in my daily Zulily email this morning.  Maybe check the company website?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 04:11:35 pm »
@Suppressed

I have never had any.  If they were comfortable in the house/yard, I would wear them, but not out in public.  However, you likely read I must have at least a AA width, AAA would be much better.  I doubt this company makes narrow widths.  People with narrow feet are not treated "fairly" - this country hates narrow feet - someone should sue the government for free narrow shoes and force shoe companies to make narrow sizes.   9999hair out0000

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 05:04:01 pm »
I have never had any.  If they were comfortable in the house/yard, I would wear them, but not out in public.  However, you likely read I must have at least a AA width, AAA would be much better.  I doubt this company makes narrow widths.  People with narrow feet are not treated "fairly" - this country hates narrow feet - someone should sue the government for free narrow shoes and force shoe companies to make narrow sizes.   9999hair out0000

@Victoria33
They are wide, which helps me (I have wide feet), so that would be a reason to think they might not work for you.

However, I find that my feet sink into the cushioning, so perhaps they might do okay for you.  Best thing to do is try them on.  https://www.crocs.com has a store locator in the upper right.  If you're where I think you are, then there's one not too far from you. 

I've tried knockoffs, and they weren't nearly as good as the real Crocs that I have.
+++++++++

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 07:55:02 pm »

Good...put me on permanent ignore status... :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2018, 09:58:49 pm »
Like most fads, they all run their course.  Croc's had a good run. So did mood rings and Pet Rocks.  Time to die Croc.  Fade into history.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2018, 11:11:11 pm »
@Polly Ticks

Hmmm...
https://www.eater.com/2013/11/22/6324959/mario-batali-ordered-200-pairs-of-orange-crocs-because-the-color-was
https://www.eater.com/2017/9/15/16316308/mario-batali-crocs-yeezys

Well there you go!  Batali apparently has quite a large inventory of orange crocs he doesn't need anymore, so maybe you can work out a deal with him.  It's a win/win!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2018, 11:21:06 pm »
Like most fads, they all run their course.  Croc's had a good run. So did mood rings and Pet Rocks.  Time to die Croc.  Fade into history.

I have a pair that I have worn almost every day for the last 10 years at least and I'm still wearing them.  Just ordered a new pair today from Amazon just in case.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2018, 11:29:51 pm »
I have a pair that I have worn almost every day for the last 10 years at least and I'm still wearing them.  Just ordered a new pair today from Amazon just in case.
I guess that means @Frank Cannon will have you on ignore!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy