Author Topic: UK: Upskirting to become a criminal offence punishable by two years in jail  (Read 268 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Upskirting to become a criminal offence punishable by two years in jail
Owen Bowcott

Upskirting – the taking of surreptitious, sexually intrusive photographs – is to become a specific criminal offence punishable by up to two years in prison.

The justice minister Lucy Frazer confirmed on Friday that the government would back a private member’s bill introduced by the Liberal Democrat MP Wera Hobhouse outlawing the practice.

In the most serious cases, those convicted of secretly photographing underneath someone’s clothing without their consent in England and Wales will be placed on the sex offender register.

Read more at: https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/jun/15/upskirting-to-become-a-criminal-offence-punishable-by-two-years-in-jail

Aside from all the giggles a thread like this might cause, I'd say doing this "upskirting" should be a criminal offense. It should already be invasion of privacy or something. Of course, this is in the UK, I don't know if I've heard about laws on this here. I have heard of cases I believe in the US.