Author Topic: North Korea state TV airs footage of Trump saluting North Korean military officer  (Read 493 times)

Offline Suppressed

North Korea state TV airs footage of Trump saluting North Korean military officer
BY JOHN BOWDEN - 06/14/18 09:28 AM EDT
http://thehill.com/policy/international/392241-north-korea-state-tv-airs-footage-of-trump-saluting-north-korean

North Korean state media early Tuesday broadcast its first video of President Trump's historic summit with Kim Jong Un, including footage of Trump saluting a North Korean officer.

In parts of the lengthy, 42-minute long video from North Korea's KCTV news channel, Kim can be seen shaking Trump's hand before the president turns to shake the hand of a North Korean officer standing next to Kim. The officer, confused, salutes Trump instead, prompting the president to salute back.

U.S. presidents generally salute U.S. service members, but do not salute members of other nation's militaries.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Looks like a moment of confusion and a quick response, not a big deal, but they'll try to make more of it than it is.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
What would we have said if this happened under Obama?