Author Topic: Tesla: The Moment Of Truth Is Approaching  (Read 1100 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Tesla: The Moment Of Truth Is Approaching
« on: March 26, 2018, 05:47:32 pm »
Looks like Saint Elon Musk, who for so long has been the Patron Saint of all that is righteous and good when it comes to the automobile for many Wall Street types, star is tarnishing. 

Tesla's Moment Of Truth Is Approaching
Tesla (TSLA) is an extraordinarily innovative company that has achieved amazing results in several sectors in a relatively short time frame. Let's face it, if it weren't for Tesla, EVs would still be limited to the likes of the Leaf and the Prius. The company also has achieved some remarkable feats in power generation and energy storage. Tesla is a company that looks to the future and shows us that things could be done smarter, more efficiently, and better than the current status quo can offer. But despite Tesla's drive to continuously move forward and push the envelope on what's possible, the company remains plagued by numerous problems.

It is easy to write these off as mere transient issues that will easily be offset and eclipsed by the company's amazing products and stunning growth. However, Tesla is a publicly traded company with a fiduciary duty to its shareholders. Therefore, any significant issues facing the company that could cause the share price to decline significantly should be carefully examined, especially for anyone thinking of investing in the stock.

I have been bullish on Tesla for a long time, have been long its stock for most of the time throughout the last five years, and I continue to think that Tesla will be worth significantly more five years from now. But in the short term, there are some clear concerns that could cause some volatility to transpire in Tesla's shares.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4158881-tesla-moment-truth-approaching

And this from forbes:

Tesla’s Plummeting Share Price Shows That Musk Is Running Out Of Time

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimcollins/2018/03/26/teslas-plummeting-share-price-shows-that-musk-is-running-out-of-time/&refURL=&referrer=
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Tesla: The Moment Of Truth Is Approaching
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 06:54:07 pm »
Amazon went years, before showing a profit.

Same trend is underway thus far, for Tesla.

(I remember early days for Amazon, when I bought a lot of books, and Amazon effectively provided online marketing for small book sellers)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 06:55:50 pm »
Need to get Musk to repay the taxpayers all that subsidized grift, as it sinks.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 07:01:39 pm »
Need to get Musk to repay the taxpayers all that subsidized grift, as it sinks.

It will be a cold day in Hell before we see any of that Taxpayer money returned. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 12:28:38 am »
Amazon went years, before showing a profit.

Same trend is underway thus far, for Tesla.

(I remember early days for Amazon, when I bought a lot of books, and Amazon effectively provided online marketing for small book sellers)

Yeah, but Tesla is not even coming close to breaking even. Amazon either came close to profitability or plowed profits back into the business. Tesla has burned through billions with northing to show for it but crappily built electric vehicles that cannot compete with gasoline/diesel driven vehicles.