Author Topic: Trump’s entire North Korea strategy could be a giant bluff  (Read 851 times)

Online corbe

Trump’s entire North Korea strategy could be a giant bluff

By Harry J. Kazianis, opinion contributor — 12/26/17 04:00 PM EST

With reports breaking that Pyongyang could very well return to its old tricks — test firing a so-called “satellite,” essentially code for a missile test under a less terrifying name — it seems one thing is clear: The North Korea crisis is not over.

Indeed, with Trump administration officials — and their various surrogates — almost daily making statements that seem to cheerlead a so-called “military option,” some vague sounding preventive, preemptive or shock and awe strike on the Kim regimes nuclear and missile programs, it seems for certain trouble is slowly brewing. Many analysts here in Washington fear that unless North Korea either gives up its nuclear weapons and missiles or makes a quick dash towards suspending its weapons testing and returns to the bargaining table war seems almost inevitable.

Or is it? One of the possible policy options is that the Trump administration, with its talk of “fire and fury,” that the regime would be “will be utterly destroyed” in a war or that “we will have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea” if forced to defend our allies” might not be ready poised to strike at all.

In fact, I have a different take these days: all the hot rhetoric might just be a giant bluff, using the threat of military action to get North Korea to back off. 

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/366498-trumps-entire-north-korea-strategy-could-be-a-giant-bluff
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Trump’s entire North Korea strategy could be a giant bluff
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 09:27:32 pm »
    @Mods, @TomSea

Unsure whether to place this in Opinion or World, please move if you feel I picked the inappropriate catageory.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 09:29:21 pm »
    @Mods, @TomSea

Unsure whether to place this in Opinion or World, please move if you feel I picked the inappropriate catageory.

Eh, this is all you need to read to know where this shit piece from the Leftist Hill belongs...

By Harry J. Kazianis, opinion contributor

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 02:19:23 am »
Trump’s entire North Korea strategy could be a giant bluff

No sh*t Sherlock... :silly:

somebody just figured that out.. :whistle: :shrug:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 02:20:06 am by montanajoe »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 02:43:02 am »
Eh, this is all you need to read to know where this shit piece from the Leftist Hill belongs...

By Harry J. Kazianis, opinion contributor

It is where the OP gets his material. Leftist Trump hating sites. He's The Briefing Rooms very own joe Scarborough.  All he needs is a Mika.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 05:57:29 am »
It is where the OP gets his material. Leftist Trump hating sites. He's The Briefing Rooms very own joe Scarborough.  All he needs is a Mika.

In my experience @The Ghost posting from Trump Loving sites is already covered by a few here, sparing me the nausea.
     I try not to post the hateful Trump stuff because I respect Management's stated position 'a rational, balanced approach', AND in spite of your consternations, I don't hate Trump. 
     There are up to a thousand people here a day and Thread activity clearly indicates Briefers as a whole want BOTH sides of the issues to debate rationally, this ain't FR.   

PS:  Any Briefer can post anything.

MY Mika

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 09:38:31 am »
So now Trumps bad because he doesn't actually want to start a war?   You NTs are so hard to keep up with.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.