Author Topic: 6 Totally Innocent Reasons Your Blood Pressure Just Measured Sky-High  (Read 605 times)

rangerrebew

6 Totally Innocent Reasons Your Blood Pressure Just Measured Sky-High
By Marygrace Taylor for MensHealth.com May 16, 2017

If you’ve never had a problem with your blood pressure before, it can be jarring to hear that your reading measured higher than the normal cutoff of 120/80 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). But you don’t need to freak out just yet.

Blood pressure is the force of your blood pushing against the walls of your blood vessels. If your blood pressure is consistently high, it can damage those vessels, raising your risk of conditions like heart attack or stroke, says the American Heart Association.

https://www.prevention.com/health/causes-of-temporary-high-blood-pressure?internal_recirc=outbrain_hp

Silver Pines

Re: 6 Totally Innocent Reasons Your Blood Pressure Just Measured Sky-High
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 03:54:13 pm »
# 1 is definitely me.  My BP is on the lower side, but I hate going to the doctor, and occasionally I’ll get anxious and have a higher reading.  I once asked a nurse if it was a problem, and she said, “No, as soon as you walk out of here it will drop right back.”

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 03:54:53 pm »
Quitting coffee can raise your blood sugar, especially if you have a headache from it.

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 04:30:53 pm »
Quitting coffee can raise your blood sugar, especially if you have a headache from it.

I didn’t know that....interesting.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 04:45:49 pm »
# 1 is definitely me.  My BP is on the lower side, but I hate going to the doctor, and occasionally I’ll get anxious and have a higher reading.  I once asked a nurse if it was a problem, and she said, “No, as soon as you walk out of here it will drop right back.”

Going to a doctor can be an incredibly stressful thing for some people. I work in an outpatient facility and an ambulance takes couple of (Mostly elderly) people per day from our building to the hospital across the street. We had a woman go into a bathroom on her way to the MRI scan and die of an apparent stroke on Thursday.

Silver Pines

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 05:15:39 pm »
Going to a doctor can be an incredibly stressful thing for some people. I work in an outpatient facility and an ambulance takes couple of (Mostly elderly) people per day from our building to the hospital across the street. We had a woman go into a bathroom on her way to the MRI scan and die of an apparent stroke on Thursday.

@Cripplecreek

My God, that’s awful!