Author Topic: 8 Most Common Causes Of UTIs  (Read 546 times)

rangerrebew

8 Most Common Causes Of UTIs
« on: December 16, 2017, 04:59:07 pm »
One of these might be to blame for your pesky urinary tract infection.
By Leah Wynalek December 15, 2017

If you've ever had a urinary tract infection, then you know the agony of that terrible burning feeling and relentless need to pee—and you'd probably do anything to avoid getting another.

According to the National Kidney Foundation, 1 in 5 women experiences a UTI at some point in her life. And while men can get them, too (UTIs are the second most common infection), women are much more likely to contract one, says the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. That's because we have a shorter urethra, which makes it all too easy for UTI-causing bacteria to pass through it and invade the bladder. No fair.

https://www.prevention.com/health/8-most-common-causes-of-utis

Silver Pines

Re: 8 Most Common Causes Of UTIs
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 03:41:59 pm »
One of these might be to blame for your pesky urinary tract infection.
By Leah Wynalek December 15, 2017

If you've ever had a urinary tract infection, then you know the agony of that terrible burning feeling and relentless need to pee—and you'd probably do anything to avoid getting another.

According to the National Kidney Foundation, 1 in 5 women experiences a UTI at some point in her life. And while men can get them, too (UTIs are the second most common infection), women are much more likely to contract one, says the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. That's because we have a shorter urethra, which makes it all too easy for UTI-causing bacteria to pass through it and invade the bladder. No fair.

https://www.prevention.com/health/8-most-common-causes-of-utis

Had a bad UTI during the summer.  I hope it was my last. 

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 03:52:55 pm »
Had a bad UTI during the summer.  I hope it was my last.

We all hope it was your last. :wink:

Silver Pines

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 04:29:44 pm »
We all hope it was your last. :wink:

@endicom

Thinking of all the ways I could take that....