Author Topic: Dakota Access developer, publication argue over lawsuit  (Read 943 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Dakota Access developer, publication argue over lawsuit
« on: December 16, 2017, 10:42:27 am »
Dakota Access developer, publication argue over lawsuit

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/texas/article/Dakota-Access-developer-publication-argue-over-12430777.php

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — The Texas-based developer of the Dakota Access oil pipeline and a Florida-based environmental publication are arguing in court over whether something billed as a social movement can be sued.

Energy Transfer Partners in August filed a lawsuit against Earth First, Greenpeace and BankTrack, alleging they disseminated false and misleading information about the $3.8 billion pipeline to move North Dakota oil to Illinois; interfered with construction; and damaged the company's reputation and finances through illegal acts. The company's lawsuit, filed in federal court in North Dakota, seeks damages that could approach $1 billion.

Excerpt, more at link. https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/texas/article/Dakota-Access-developer-publication-argue-over-12430777.php

Figure gross revenues of $5/bbl, times 500,000 barrels a day, for the duration of the completion delays, plus all ancillary damages....not to mention the outright lies passed off as fact from coast to coast, and by God, I hope ETP takes these self-righteous pusbags to the cleaners.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

debrawiest

Re: Dakota Access developer, publication argue over lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 12:57:12 pm »
I hope they win.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 01:43:14 pm »
A 'social movement' which takes in money of course can be sued.  Take away their money via a judgement and they go away.

BLM is trying to do the same thing.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 01:43:42 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 01:28:19 am »
You are clairvoyant, @Smokin Joe

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,270963.msg1381407.html#msg1381407
:laugh:

No, but it's past time to hit these people where they've been hitting us--in the wallets.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis