Author Topic: Tom Cotton on Abortion  (Read 979 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tom Cotton on Abortion
« on: November 27, 2017, 03:35:12 pm »

Tom Cotton on Abortion

AdWatch: I believe in God; and only God has all the answers
Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) is hitting back at Rep. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) in a new ad for questioning his faith. The spot, first shared with The Hill, is aimed at touting Pryor's religious conviction in the heavily religious state--and undercutting months of work Cotton's campaign has put in to bolster his own image with positive ads.

Cotton said last week that Pryor thinks "faith is something that only happens at 11 o'clock on Sunday mornings" in response to the Hobby Lobby Supreme Court decision over the health care law's contraception mandate. Pryor demanded an apology, but none was forthcoming, and the controversial comments got plenty of local attention.

Pryor's new ad features local news coverage the kerfuffle, interspliced with the Bible verse, "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

"I'm not ashamed to say that I believe in God, and I believe in His word. The Bible teaches us no one has all the answers, only God does," Pryor says in the ad. "This is who I am and what I believe."
Source: The Hill AdWatch on 2014 Arkansas Senate race , Jul 8, 2014

Re-establish a culture of life
We must re-establish a culture of life in America that reflects the value of every life from conception through birth, life, and death. I am pro-life and I will always vote that way in Congress. I believe Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey were wrongly decided. I oppose taxpayer funding of abortion. I also support measures like the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act, the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, and the Ultrasound Informed Consent Act.
Source: 2012 House campaign website, cottonforcongress.com, "Issues" , Nov 6, 2012

Read more at: http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Tom_Cotton_Abortion.htm