Author Topic: Middle East’s Cold War comes to U.S. as Iran sends warships to Gulf of Mexico  (Read 492 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Middle East’s Cold War comes to U.S. as Iran sends warships to Gulf of Mexico
By Tom O'Connor On 11/22/17 at 4:14 PM

Iranian warships are set to leave the waters of the Persian Gulf to sail across the world and tour another gulf—the one that lies between the U.S. and Mexico.

At a time when Iran is looking to expand and modernize its military in the face of what is seen as a growing U.S. threat, its newly appointed navy commander, Rear Admiral Hossein Khanzadi, held his first press conference Wednesday, announcing that a fleet of Iranian ships would soon depart for the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico en route to visits to a number of South American countries, Iran’s semiofficial Tasnim News Agency reported. The move is reportedly part of a push to project Iran’s military on a more global scale and establish international ties as President Donald Trump and his allies, including Israel and Saudi Arabia, seek to isolate the revolutionary Shiite Muslim power.

Read more at: http://www.newsweek.com/new-cold-war-iran-sends-warships-gulf-mexico-720293

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Khanzadi also pledged to introduce new vessels and submarines next year and announced other upcoming plans to bolster the country’s naval power.

How can they afford to do this?

oh...wait...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley