Author Topic: Apple’s VP Of Diversity To Step Down After Proving She Understands What Real Diversity Is  (Read 358 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Brandon Morse
https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2017/11/18/apples-vp-diversity-step-proving-understands-real-diversity/

You’ve no doubt heard the phrase “diversity is strength" . . . It all boils down to the type of diversity
we uphold.

That’s something Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion at Apple, Denise Young Smith, seemed to understand.
Smith has only been VP of Diversity at the Silicone Valley giant for six months, but is already stepping down.

Why? Smith says she’s been discussing her departure with Cook for over a year now, and this departure is
“planned.” However, it seems odd that Smith is suddenly leaving her brand new post after she arose a deluge
of anger for recognizing that diversity of thought was more important than diversity of race or sex.

“I focus on everyone,” said Smith during a conference in Bogota, Colombia about fighting racial injustice,
adding “Diversity is the human experience. I get a little bit frustrated when diversity or the term diversity
is tagged to the people of color, or the women, or the LGBT.”

That was probably already too far for many social justice advocates, but then Smith took it into screeching
territory for the left.

“There can be 12 white, blue-eyed, blonde men in a room and they’re going to be diverse too because
they’re going to bring a different life experience and life perspective to the conversation,” said Smith as
she sat next to Black Lives Matter’s DeRay McKesson.

McKesson took his turn to spew racist garbage about white people and their “privilege,” but it was Smith’s
statement that drew a great deal of controversy despite Smith herself being black and a woman . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline skeeter

Insanity.

And it will not end well. Never does.