Author Topic: Al Franken is just the beginning  (Read 1022 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Al Franken is just the beginning
« on: November 17, 2017, 02:17:38 pm »
Al Franken is just the beginning
Damon Linker

The most stupefying question prompted by Democratic Sen. Al Franken being accused of kissing and groping a woman without her consent isn't whether he'll be forced to resign his Senate seat, or whether the news (and Democratic reaction to it) makes it more or less likely that the Republican Senate candidate from Alabama Roy Moore will drop out of the race after multiple accusations of sexual misconduct, or whether the Senate will refuse to seat Moore in the chamber in the event that he stays in and wins the race.

The most stupefying question prompted by the disgusting Franken news, coming as it does amidst the steady drip of disgusting Moore news, and the ongoing deluge of disgusting news about similar (and worse) behavior on the part of a slew of movie producers, actors, comedians, journalists, professors, and other prominent men is: Where will it end?

more
http://theweek.com/articles/737817/al-franken-just-beginning
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Re: Al Franken is just the beginning
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 02:24:57 pm »
When we're done with the male abusers then we can start with the women. This could go on forever.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 06:19:21 pm »
When we're done with the male abusers then we can start with the women. This could go on forever.

Welcome to the new normal.  You may have just veered into the truth, @endicom.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 06:34:53 pm »
I have worked in the same company and office, for 17 years. I don't recall a single instance of "abuse, groping, harassment" etc.

I do not do it and I have not seen it done. I am NOT saying it has not ever happened. It probably has happened, but it didn't become a huge, all consuming topic for days, weeks, etc.

I admit to lusting in my mind, in the sense Pres. Jimmy Carter spoke to. My wife accuses me of staring.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 06:39:13 pm »
I have worked in the same company and office, for 17 years. I don't recall a single instance of "abuse, groping, harassment" etc.

I do not do it and I have not seen it done. I am NOT saying it has not ever happened. It probably has happened, but it didn't become a huge, all consuming topic for days, weeks, etc.

Same here.  Doesn't stop corporate from wasting craptons of money every few years on "training" though.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 07:41:08 pm »
Some Democratic officials from his home state are calling him to step down. To assume Franken is staying may be premature.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 07:54:56 pm »

Could be you're just too ugly and boring to be harassed.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 07:58:43 pm »
Could be you're just too ugly and boring to be harassed.

There's no such thing as being too ugly to be sexually harassed.

Or too boring.

Believe me I've tried.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 08:02:50 pm »
There's no such thing as being too ugly to be sexually harassed.

Or too boring.

Believe me I've tried.

Must be something else wrong then....

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 08:07:03 pm »
Same here.  Doesn't stop corporate from wasting craptons of money every few years on "training" though.

Human resources has always had to justify not only its worth in the corporate culture, but also its large budget. To do this they jump on the "Cause De jour" of the day.  Sometimes several causes at once. Think of HR as the biggest waste of money in any company.  HR is truly corporate welfare.  And coming from a progressive like myself .... you know it is a messed up dept. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 08:09:36 pm »
Human resources has always had to justify not only its worth in the corporate culture, but also its large budget. To do this they jump on the "Cause De jour" of the day.  Sometimes several causes at once. Think of HR as the biggest waste of money in any company.  HR is truly corporate welfare.  And coming from a progressive like myself .... you know it is a messed up dept.

So how long have you been your companies HR head?

Offline WingNot

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 08:32:07 pm »
So how long have you been your companies HR head?

That obvious? 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 08:37:36 pm »
That obvious?

No. Your posting style is similar to the letters I get from my HR dept about bringing pot brownies to work and leaving them in the break room. Apparently it is turning productivity numbers to shit.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 08:44:49 pm »
No. Your posting style is similar to the letters I get from my HR dept about bringing pot brownies to work and leaving them in the break room. Apparently it is turning productivity numbers to shit.

Send the special brownies to the HR dept with a case of Twinkies Via a certified delivery service. Attach a card from the company CEO saying: "Thanks for all your Great work" .  Sit back and enjoy your day.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 08:48:58 pm »

You don't work for the HR Department.  You're a bean-counter in the Department of Redundancy Department.
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 02:17:40 am »
I posted on another thread that in my mind, the whole end-game of the sexual harrassment circus we are witnessing is not to bring down Trump.

It is to instill in voters that men are not to be trusted in higher office, only women.

Women are the emotional voters.  They also feel the need for protection.

This is about using this circus to advance women as superior to be leaders of this country, all the way to the Presidency.

BTW, compare the numbers of liberal vs conservative women Senators and Congressmen in Congress.

It is frightening to how our country would change.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 02:18:57 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2017, 04:06:52 am »
HR is the Zampolit equivalent in America today.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 04:19:13 am »
HR is the Zampolit equivalent in America today.

OH yeah!  Got every job I ever applied for once I got passed those HR pukes to someone who actually knew what was going on!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2017, 07:54:03 am »
OH yeah!  Got every job I ever applied for once I got passed those HR pukes to someone who actually knew what was going on!
Well, just the name offends. Let's see Motor Pool, Office Supplies, Warehouse Equipment, Oh! here it is! Human Resources!

Not sh*t about 'people'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 04:02:00 pm »

I admit to lusting in my mind, in the sense Pres. Jimmy Carter spoke to. My wife accuses me of staring.
"My wife accuses me of staring."

If staring at attractive women was punishable by losing your job, all heterosexual men would now be unemployed.
To be sure, women do plenty of staring themselves. My wife admits to staring as well.
Our rule is: you can stare, but you can't touch.  I have no problem with that...I'm not interested in touching women other than my wife. 
One time I asked my wife (who is a big Jeff Gordon fan) if he knocked on our door, would she run away with him. She replied, "Jeff Gordon would never knock on our door."
How's that for matrimonial fidelity? 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 04:18:49 pm »
"My wife accuses me of staring."

If staring at attractive women was punishable by losing your job, all heterosexual men would now be unemployed.
To be sure, women do plenty of staring themselves. My wife admits to staring as well.
Our rule is: you can stare, but you can't touch.  I have no problem with that...I'm not interested in touching women other than my wife. 
One time I asked my wife (who is a big Jeff Gordon fan) if he knocked on our door, would she run away with him. She replied, "Jeff Gordon would never knock on our door."
How's that for matrimonial fidelity?

A thing learnt from multiple corporate indoctrination sessions:  "Staring can get you fired for cause."  (Only applies to males of the species.)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 04:19:37 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 08:19:14 pm »
Must be something else wrong then....

And if they're using that swill, it's going to get worse!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2017, 08:22:02 pm »
I always thought HR was a company's official "Get off my lawn!" department . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2017, 11:31:49 pm »
You're a bean-counter in the Department of Redundancy Department.

I have a personality.  That disqualifies me from any job in fiscal affairs..