Author Topic: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know  (Read 27932 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Meet Roy Moore Accuser, Beverly Young Nelson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
« Reply #275 on: November 15, 2017, 12:56:49 am »
Princess Diana married Charles when she was just 20 and he was close to 34.

Question: Did they date before that? If so, why was there no outcry about a 30 something adult dating a teenager?

@SirLinksALot

Charles wasn't hanging out at the Spencer family estate, badgering Diana like a creep until he got thrown off the grounds. He wasn't going to places where teenagers get together so he could have his pick.

That, my friend, is the behavior of a creep. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #276 on: November 15, 2017, 12:58:10 am »
Fine. PROVE IT.
Gimme a blue dress. Gimme a bastard kid. Gimme a lurid vid or audio recording.

@roamer_1

Not gonna happen.  Either Moore is lying, or all of these other people are.  What mystifies me is why some of us think Moore's character is so unquestionably pure that it can't be him.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #277 on: November 15, 2017, 01:04:25 am »
@roamer_1

Not gonna happen.  Either Moore is lying, or all of these other people are.  What mystifies me is why some of us think Moore's character is so unquestionably pure that it can't be him.
What mystifies me is why so many are calling for a head on a pike with no more than newspaper hype.

Shopping at the one Mall in town would be like being accused of 'creeping' the local Walmart here. Where are you going to go? In a dry county, you can't even go check out the barflies.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #278 on: November 15, 2017, 01:10:51 am »
@roamer_1

@CatherineofAragon
Where I come from a man's honor means something.
A man without honor is destroyed.

Thus it takes real proof to tear it down, and especially so, when so longstanding, and in a man willing to go to the wall (more than once) for what he believes in... Integrity of that kind is not manufactured.

I'll throw him out, sure enough, and in a minute flat... But that minute will never come without real and incontrovertible proof. I would expect as much from men if I was falsely accused.

What matters is the veracity of the evidence and not the seriousness of the crime.
As used to ALWAYS be the test, and still the same for me.

Silver Pines

« Reply #279 on: November 15, 2017, 01:14:01 am »
The hell he isn't on trial, it's trial by Media.

It is as common as cat crap in a litter box nowadays, and even here, half a dozen of you are calling for him to surrender a hard fought candidacy over allegations.

That, considering the effort, etc. put forth to get that far would represent being deprived of something he has worked for without due process of law. It's the same sort of character assassination carried out against another candidate, and as I said, if the charges have merit--IF, then he should step down--and IF he knowingly groped some girl younger than the age of consent or against her will, then produce the evidence and at least give the man a chance to be exonerated.

This sort of smear reeks of seven mistresses and daddy killing JFK. It has that same stink to it. 

I'm not sure how fast malls went up in Alabama, but I grew up 50 miles from Washington DC and knew of one by 1974. I really doubt there were multiple malls in a town in Alabama in 1977, or that Moore--or anyone else-- had a reputation built for 'cruising for young girls' in malls there in 1977. There might have been one in town.

What has me floored, though, aside from a couple of usual suspects, is the absolute determination some on this board have to hang this guy.

@Smokin Joe

Well, that last is more overwrought than accurate, but I believe he's a creep and a predator and shouldn't be rewarded with a senate seat.  It's up to the people in Alabama, naturally, but that's my opinion.  Determined?  I can't vote there so that descriptor doesn't apply. 

Moore is on trial in the public sphere, no different from any other politician, but you can't apply legal rules and you know that.  You also know you aren't going to get any more evidence that you have now, and I think it's safe to say you weren't calling for it when Clinton's women accused him.

"Something he has worked for?"  Seriously?  He isn't entitled to a Senate seat.  Listen, Joe, the guy is assassinating his own character.  His defense has been pretty lousy, and he's doing the same thing Trump did---making empty pronouncements about suing when he knows he's going to do no such thing.  He could have filed a suit by now--why hasn't he?

By the way, I haven't called for him to step down...not that I remember, anyway.  I'm watching it all play out.

Silver Pines

« Reply #280 on: November 15, 2017, 01:15:58 am »
Not to go too off topic, but many of the Trump accusers did pursue the accusations in court. Trump went after them with high priced lawyers and settled many, many cases to make them go away.

Just one example: https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/exclusive-inside-the-donald-trump-sexual-assault-lawsuit/

@AbaraXas

Interesting.  I wasn't aware of that.

Silver Pines

« Reply #281 on: November 15, 2017, 01:23:17 am »
@CatherineofAragon
Where I come from a man's honor means something.
A man without honor is destroyed.

Thus it takes real proof to tear it down, and especially so, when so longstanding, and in a man willing to go to the wall (more than once) for what he believes in... Integrity of that kind is not manufactured.

I'll throw him out, sure enough, and in a minute flat... But that minute will never come without real and incontrovertible proof. I would expect as much from men if I was falsely accused.

What matters is the veracity of the evidence and not the seriousness of the crime.
As used to ALWAYS be the test, and still the same for me.

@roamer_1, then that man better keep his hands off underaged girls, or he has no honor.  Men and women both have honor, and I'm not going to give either special consideration because of his or her sex. 

I'll keep saying it---this isn't a court and you won't get proof, and you know it.  And I doubt you were demanding proof from Clinton's female accusers.  In this kind of situation, you have to make a decision--who is lying?  It's either Moore or everybody else.  Waiting for proof that you know will never come is just punting.

We have got to stop putting politicians on pedestals like this.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #282 on: November 15, 2017, 01:31:15 am »
Why do y'all keep demanding proof when a) you know it won't be coming and b) we aren't in court, so we don't need proof?  I sound like a parrot with that line, but it's conveniently ignored every time.

You are welcome to shout "Crucify him! Crucify Him!"  To your heart's satisfaction.

I will not be joining you in that chorus.

Were you waiting for proof before you believed Paula Jones and Juanita Broaddrick (sp)?

I already answered you about that previously, and in detail.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online roamer_1

« Reply #283 on: November 15, 2017, 01:33:20 am »

@roamer_1, then that man better keep his hands off underaged girls, or he has no honor.  Men and women both have honor, and I'm not going to give either special consideration because of his or her sex.

@CatherineofAragon
It isn't special consideration for one and not the other - I would be equally considerate of a good woman's honor called on the table.   

I'll keep saying it---this isn't a court and you won't get proof, and you know it.  And I doubt you were demanding proof from Clinton's female accusers. 

Then you'd be wrong - I believed Juanita Broderick, and do to this day - But it was the blue dress that made up my mind. Though, by the way, Slick Willie had no particular reputation toward honor in the first place - and there were accusations all the way along with him. Bill Clinton is not a good man, as his record attests. No such record exists in Moore.

So the two do not equate.

In this kind of situation, you have to make a decision--who is lying?  It's either Moore or everybody else.  Waiting for proof that you know will never come is just punting.

We have got to stop putting politicians on pedestals like this.

He is not a politician on a pedestal - He is a man with a record of integrity, and honorable as they come. And I will disagree - If he is the cad he is accused of being, there will be evidence. There always is, sooner or later.

So show me the blue dress.

Online LMAO

« Reply #284 on: November 15, 2017, 01:43:01 am »

In this kind of situation, you have to make a decision--who is lying?  It's either Moore or everybody else. 

Anyone can be accused of anything. When I have a female client that I've met the for the first time come to my office, I always have the door open. And I understand the "innocent till proven guilty" Moore doesn't have just one accuser. I believe he has five. So then you have to ask what you're asking here. Are
the women who are accusing him all liars and Moore is the honest one here? Five women who probably never knew of each other till today?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:03:11 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Silver Pines

« Reply #285 on: November 15, 2017, 02:01:25 am »
What mystifies me is why so many are calling for a head on a pike with no more than newspaper hype.

Shopping at the one Mall in town would be like being accused of 'creeping' the local Walmart here. Where are you going to go? In a dry county, you can't even go check out the barflies.

@Smokin Joe

Well, if you get banned from the local Walmart for creeping after young girls, that kind of tells you something.

Honestly, it's blowing me away that people think all of these people are lying and Moore is telling the truth.  Dismissing everything that's come out and calling it nothing...it's inexplicable to me.

Silver Pines

« Reply #286 on: November 15, 2017, 02:03:51 am »
Anyone can be accused of anything. When I have a female client that I've met the for the first time come to my office, I always have the door open. And I understand the "innocent till proven guilty" Moore doesn't have just one accuser. I believe he has five. So then you have to ask that you're asking here. Are
the women who are accusing him liars? Five women who probably never knew of each other till today?

@LMAO

Yes, I think it's five women.  You also have to believe their friends and families are lying, along with the people who worked with Moore, the cop who confirmed he was banned from the mall, and then you have to dismiss every bit of information. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #287 on: November 15, 2017, 02:18:04 am »
@CatherineofAragon
It isn't special consideration for one and not the other - I would be equally considerate of a good woman's honor called on the table.   

Then you'd be wrong - I believed Juanita Broderick, and do to this day - But it was the blue dress that made up my mind. Though, by the way, Slick Willie had no particular reputation toward honor in the first place - and there were accusations all the way along with him. Bill Clinton is not a good man, as his record attests. No such record exists in Moore.

So the two do not equate.

He is not a politician on a pedestal - He is a man with a record of integrity, and honorable as they come. And I will disagree - If he is the cad he is accused of being, there will be evidence. There always is, sooner or later.

So show me the blue dress.

@roamer_1

Well, they kind of do equate, if you read the accounts of what Moore's coworkers thought of him.  And the article from the 2002 newspaper.

Fair enough on you believing Juanita Broaddrick.  You're not going to get a blue dress.  Either one man is lying, or everyone else is, and the information is all fake.  Like Ben Shapiro said:

"The first argument: Moore hasn’t been convicted of anything, and due process requires us to consider him innocent until proven guilty. This argument is empty, because our decision to vote for or against a particular candidate doesn’t require due process — Hillary Clinton wasn’t convicted of anything, either, except in the minds of the public. Due process determines whether you go to jail. The public determines whether it thinks politicians ought to be handed power."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/453706/alabama-senate-race-reject-roy-moore-character-matters-write-in-jeff-sessions

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #288 on: November 15, 2017, 02:22:47 am »

Yes, I think it's five women.  You also have to believe their friends and families are lying, along with the people who worked with Moore, the cop who confirmed he was banned from the mall, and then you have to dismiss every bit of information.

Where were all these accusers over the last 40 years?  You gonna tell us to believe in this Xmas miracle that suddenly - after 40 years of Moore campaigning and seeking office that suddenly NOW - just weeks away from a sure-fire win that all these women with tales of a man with a history of child molestation and stalking young women and attempting to rape them suddenly appears?  Where were the Democrat dirt-diggers all this time?  Where were they over the 10 Commandments fiasco when that staunch refusal to comply with federal edict could have been nailed shut within the first 24 hours?

Five women suddenly paraded in front of cameras and publications to give questionable allegations about a man whose fruits and integrity from decades of public service do not match the accusation - and you expect us to side with women, three of whom are KNOWN Democrat political activists?????????  One with a record of making false and bogus sex allegations in the past????

Nope.  I believe as has been stated - the this is the Herman Cain-ng of Moore and YES - all these sudden allegations appear to me to be bogus.

If I can be proven wrong with evidence beyond simple accusations and hearsay with a recent allegation with proof to boot - then I'd be willing to eat my crow and admit I my discernment about Moore was wrong.

So far - no dice on all the attempts to smear the guy.  I smell the odor of bullshit in the whole sudden effort of the last week based on timing, the instant reactions of McConnell, McCain and Graham and the pile on since.

The voters in Alabama will decide whether or not they too consider Moore to be a victim of bullshit or a bullshitting stalker.  We will know in a few weeks, but the political sabotage is continuing.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline jpsb

« Reply #289 on: November 15, 2017, 02:33:13 am »
Moore doesn't have just one accuser. I believe he has five.

Incorrect, 2 woman say Moore acted inappropriately 40 years ago.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #290 on: November 15, 2017, 02:35:18 am »

Well, they kind of do equate, if you read the accounts of what Moore's coworkers thought of him.  And the article from the 2002 newspaper.

@CatherineofAragon

I don't see any names on this stuff - nor in the article, which was a monument to innuendo from a politically driven paper... Wrt the charge that he was banished from the mall, as an instance, the management of the mall, and the mall cop - Those who would actually be able to corroborate - Declined to do so.

Fair enough on you believing Juanita Broaddrick.  You're not going to get a blue dress.  Either one man is lying, or everyone else is, and the information is all fake.

I have been in such conditions before, with people I know, where the supposed perpetrator was absolutely innocent (to my direct knowledge). Perhaps that is why I am loathe to believe gossip - Which is all this is, with the greater weight of partisanship and politics over-weighting the mere motive of gossip alone (which is bad enough). 

Like Ben Shapiro said:

"The first argument: Moore hasn’t been convicted of anything, and due process requires us to consider him innocent until proven guilty. This argument is empty, because our decision to vote for or against a particular candidate doesn’t require due process — Hillary Clinton wasn’t convicted of anything, either, except in the minds of the public. Due process determines whether you go to jail. The public determines whether it thinks politicians ought to be handed power."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/453706/alabama-senate-race-reject-roy-moore-character-matters-write-in-jeff-sessions

Ben Shapiro is stone dead wrong.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:36:47 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #291 on: November 15, 2017, 02:38:09 am »

Is this spam really necessary @mystery-ak

Some dopes may even believe this is legitimate.

Online corbe

« Reply #292 on: November 15, 2017, 02:50:09 am »
Is this spam really necessary @mystery-ak

Some dopes may even believe this is legitimate.

Geez @Right_in_Virginia not all of us are complete Idiots and most saw and appreciated the humour in it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #293 on: November 15, 2017, 03:33:27 am »
   Geez @Right_in_Virginia not all of us are complete Idiots and most saw and appreciated the humour in it.

Are you sure about this @corbe

Online corbe

« Reply #294 on: November 15, 2017, 03:37:07 am »
   I'm not sure about anything @Right_in_Virginia except my Rockets just lost for the third time this year, to Ted Cruz's team~Toronto.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #295 on: November 15, 2017, 03:38:38 am »
   I'm not sure about anything @Right_in_Virginia except my Rockets just lost for the third time this year, to Ted Cruz's team~Toronto.

Whatever ...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #296 on: November 15, 2017, 04:02:56 am »
@Smokin Joe

Well, that last is more overwrought than accurate, but I believe he's a creep and a predator and shouldn't be rewarded with a senate seat.  It's up to the people in Alabama, naturally, but that's my opinion.  Determined?  I can't vote there so that descriptor doesn't apply. 

Moore is on trial in the public sphere, no different from any other politician, but you can't apply legal rules and you know that.  You also know you aren't going to get any more evidence that you have now, and I think it's safe to say you weren't calling for it when Clinton's women accused him.

"Something he has worked for?"  Seriously?  He isn't entitled to a Senate seat.  Listen, Joe, the guy is assassinating his own character.  His defense has been pretty lousy, and he's doing the same thing Trump did---making empty pronouncements about suing when he knows he's going to do no such thing.  He could have filed a suit by now--why hasn't he?

By the way, I haven't called for him to step down...not that I remember, anyway.  I'm watching it all play out.
The something he has worked for is a career in public service and a good reputation as an honorable man. And I can apply a higher standard than shesaidhesaid whipped up at a politically opportune moment (to attack him) with two-toned alleged signatures with numbers made differently.

Proof, my ass.

This isn't some Hollywood sleazebag y'all are discussing, here. If you believe he is a "predator" and a "creep", you have convicted him in your own mind.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #297 on: November 15, 2017, 04:03:14 am »
Anyone can be accused of anything. When I have a female client that I've met the for the first time come to my office, I always have the door open. And I understand the "innocent till proven guilty" Moore doesn't have just one accuser. I believe he has five. So then you have to ask what you're asking here. Are
the women who are accusing him all liars and Moore is the honest one here? Five women who probably never knew of each other till today?

I see people supposedly on our side,  keep spreading the lie that Moore has more than two accusers.   He has *TWO* accusers,  and there are problems with both of their stories. 

The other three women did not accuse him of any improprieties,  only two did,  and for some reason they didn't muster enough outrage to bring this up in the last four decades,  but we are supposed to believe it is a really big deal now?   

I have reached the point where I don't even care if their allegations are true.  I put baby murdering and letting perverts into women's bathrooms as a higher moral priority than worry about whether someone improperly touched some girls 40 years ago.

I am sending Moore money tomorrow.   

The Perverted Democrats can go to H3ll,  and so too can those who lend them support by parroting their propaganda for them.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #298 on: November 15, 2017, 04:11:21 am »
Incorrect, 2 woman say Moore acted inappropriately 40 years ago.

I believe CatherineofAragon has been trying pretty hard to get the number up to 30.   

But yes,  it's only two,  and neither has any proof,  and what we learn from the other 3 women that dated Moore is that the accusations are inconsistent with their own experience.   

Gentleman with 3,  and lecher with 2?  It doesn't fit.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #299 on: November 15, 2017, 04:13:07 am »

I see people supposedly on our side,  keep spreading the lie that Moore has more than two accusers.   He has *TWO* accusers,  and there are problems with both of their stories. 

The other three women did not accuse him of any improprieties,  only two did,  and for some reason they didn't muster enough outrage to bring this up in the last four decades,  but we are supposed to believe it is a really big deal now?   

I have reached the point where I don't even care if their allegations are true.  I put baby murdering and letting perverts into women's bathrooms as a higher moral priority than worry about whether someone improperly touched some girls 40 years ago.

I am sending Moore money tomorrow.   

The Perverted Democrats can go to H3ll,  and so too can those who lend them support by parroting their propaganda for them.

The Republican party has pulled all support for Moore, and the AL SecState says that if the state GOP yanks support - the election is null and void if Moore wins.

Methinks if he is not removed, and wins - the Oligarchy in DC is not going to allow him to be seated.  They have arrived at the point they think they can tell us who will rule us by their choice, not ours.

And we are watching those muscles get flexed by the party leaders, all-the-while they circle the wagons around Democrat Menendez' criminal charges and sex with underage prostitute scandal.